Rumor Report: Marvel Legends Bring On The Bad Guys Wave 1 And M.O.D.O.K Deluxe Figure

JayC

I agree that we are not likely to see a comic strange within the mcu strange wave (although, oddly enough, i think the original doctor strange movie wave was the last wave to contain comic versions of the movie characters within the wave).   I'd guess they would be more likely to make a 2-pack with classic Strange and a repainted classic dormammu, but certainly strange & mordo would be way more preferable from a collector standpoint.  Unless they decide to release Strange in a defenders 4--pack with rereleases of surfer, hulk, & namor.  Basically i'm saying i don't think we get a classic strange without hasbro somehow making us buy another figure that most of us already have, followed by a rerelease of classic strange as a solo figure a year or two later....  but hopefully i'm wrong about that.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 6:39 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

The inclusion of the Steve Rogers iteration probably confirms the wave as real. You just know Hasbro isn't making a wave without a Wolverine or a Spidey or a Deadpool or, in this case, a Cap.

Well they did do the Dr. Strange/Dormammu BAF wave that didn't have any of those guys. Also the Hulkbuster wave, the Black Panther wave, and a few others. So they could do this wave without Rogers (Cap) and its also possible this could end up as Baron Strucker….though I personally would rather see him in a Captain America wave along with Madame Hydra/Viper.

BS2.jpg

12 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Well they did do the Dr. Strange/Dormammu BAF wave that didn't have any of those guys. Also the Hulkbuster wave, the Black Panther wave, and a few others. So they could do this wave without Rogers (Cap) and its also possible this could end up as Baron Strucker….though I personally would rather see him in a Captain America wave along with Madame Hydra/Viper.

BS2.jpg

Yeah, but most of those other waves had an Iron Man (who also belongs on the list with Cap, Wolvie, Spidey, and Deadpool imo).  I'd almost say Venom is approaching the point where he belongs on the list, too, but not quite there yet. In retrospect the dormammu wave was pretty unusual in a few ways, but iirc aside from mcu strange and iron fist it didn't sell very well (ymmv).  

I do think this bring on the bad guy wave seems awfully weird in terms of composition. it will be interesting to see what the full wave looks like and how it sells. imo with the rumoured lineup its not very exciting and will need a humdinger of a BAF to motivate collectors, but of course i could be way off base as is often the case.

10 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

I do think this bring on the bad guy wave seems awfully weird in terms of composition. it will be interesting to see what the full wave looks like and how it sells. imo with the rumoured lineup its not very exciting and will need a humdinger of a BAF to motivate collectors, but of course i could be way off base as is often the case.

It's not that weird in all fairness. You have your classic characters in Arcade, Dormammu and Lady Deathstrike and you have your modern characters in Hood and Aim Scientist. The only ones that we don't know what versions are are the Doom and Hydra Supreme. 

I still think Hydra Supreme will be a generic Hydra leader but like people have been saying Strucker and Viper could be just being labeled Hydra Supreme for the market. You may think that they could just use their names, but beyond comic fans and the very short and forgotten role in Avengers age of ultron, not many people outside of comics know of Strucker, even less of Viper. So calling them Hydra Supreme, a generic name by the way, would make the most sense. If you need any more proof look towards what King Cobra was called on the package.

51 minutes ago, mako said:

Be that as it may, I'm considering army building him anyway and making him my generic AIM guy.

I may do this as well.. I have no connection to the AIM leader and his design screams faceless masses.. no reason he couldn’t be another division of AIM.. 

plus.. the generic AIM Soldier packaged with the classic AIM tech did not feel like an AIM agent to me at all.. 

20 minutes ago, tarot said:

It's not that weird in all fairness. You have your classic characters in Arcade, Dormammu and Lady Deathstrike and you have your modern characters in Hood and Aim Scientist. The only ones that we don't know what versions are are the Doom and Hydra Supreme. 

I still think Hydra Supreme will be a generic Hydra leader but like people have been saying Strucker and Viper could be just being labeled Hydra Supreme for the market. You may think that they could just use their names, but beyond comic fans and the very short and forgotten role in Avengers age of ultron, not many people outside of comics know of Strucker, even less of Viper. So calling them Hydra Supreme, a generic name by the way, would make the most sense. If you need any more proof look towards what King Cobra was called on the package.

I love that Serpent Society is the Leader of the Serpent Society.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 12:03 PM, Ironspider428 said:

This is pretty disappointing to be honest, but I have to imagine that they'll do at least a wave 2, so maybe that's when we'll get Red Skull, Ultron and some others I'd have preferred. If this listing and the BAF rumor are true, I'll probably just get Arcade, Dormammu and Deathsrike.

Not sure if they'd make a wave that has both Ultron AND Red Skull. If anything I could say one of those would be in the first wave and the other in the next. These are heavy hitters in terms of popularity and exposure, so would balance out a wave with lesser known baddies.

Then too, its hard to see Hasbro making any subsequent Avengers waves without Ultron, or Cap without Red Skull. Of course they can get around this by having different versions of these dirt bags if they wanted.

On the other hand, this is a rumored wave- outside of Dormamuu, AIM leader and Arcade we really don't know who will be included.

22 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Not sure if they'd make a wave that has both Ultron AND Red Skull. If anything I could say one of those would be in the first wave and the other in the next. These are heavy hitters in terms of popularity and exposure, so would balance out a wave with lesser known baddies.

Then too, its hard to see Hasbro making any subsequent Avengers waves without Ultron, or Cap without Red Skull. Of course they can get around this by having different versions of these dirt bags if they wanted.

On the other hand, this is a rumored wave- outside of Dormamuu, AIM leader and Arcade we really don't know who will be included.

That's a good point. I'm just not sure how many of these waves we'll get. Logically we should be able to get at least 3, but if this first one doesn't do well, maybe we'll only get one more. Who knows though, maybe those rumors are actually Strucker and God Emperor Doom, and this wave will sell like hotcakes and we'll get more.

Also, while we'll almost certainly get Avengers waves until the end of time, I don't see us getting another Cap wave without a movie to anchor it to. It's too specific to be a purely comic wave and the characters they'd include in that wave could easily be in an Avengers or Villains wave instead. Keep in mind that it's rare for a rumored wave assortment to be wrong these days, so I usually assume they are, The BAF would have to be something ridiculously good to warrant me buying this first wave though.

15 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

"....Also, while we'll almost certainly get Avengers waves until the end of time, I don't see us getting another Cap wave without a movie to anchor it to. It's too specific to be a purely comic wave and the characters they'd include in that wave could easily be in an Avengers or Villains wave instead..." 

I don't see what a movie anchor has to do with anything. People seem to be forgetting that Marvel Legends figures have been coming out long before any movie or television shows, and that the Marvel stable is so vast it can certainly go on long after the movies fizzle out- not to mention that thanks to COVID, its not likely there are going to be that many movies coming anytime soon anyway. I think most fans get that.  The "vintage" waves, the "retro" waves" etc. have been big sellers and clearly the Hasbro team is on board to do even more. One of my pet wishes is for a Golden Age wave or box set; Captain America would place prominently there.  I can easily see non-movie related waves, Especially for Cap. 

On 11/21/2020 at 9:48 AM, JayC said:
We know Hasbro is going to deliver on the villains in 2021 with a dedicated wave titled "Bring On The Bad" guys. Hasbro has already officially revealed three figures in the wave which includes Spider-Man/X-Men baddie Arcade who loves to play in Murderworld, Dr. Strange arch-nemesis Dormammu and A.I.M.'s Scientist Supreme.

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-02.jpg

I have no idea what that harness/vest thing is on Dormammu, or what purpose it serves- I suppose only Ditko does. Of the reveals so far though he is hands down the one I want the most.

9 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I have no idea what that harness/vest thing is on Dormammu, or what purpose it serves- I suppose only Ditko does. Of the reveals so far though he is hands down the one I want the most.

Same here; I've been wanting to get my hands on a Dormammu for ages

I really want a new improved Blackheart. Been wanting him for forever and Hasbro has finally got to a place where I think they can do him great justice. I too am really only excited for Dormammu but Arcade is definitely out of left field. Never thought id see a fig of him. 

35 minutes ago, tarot said:

Precisely. Hopefully we will have another venom wave for the movies release next year.

I'm hoping and maybe a deluxe Venom figure based on Donny Cates/Ryan Stegman's Venom run

• 1 month later...