Which Female Heroes should be remade with double Jointed elbows.

SpiderS

image.thumb.png.397ca59564bfde40d193b0f8d27e43cf.png

It came to my attention that first pin less and double jointed  Hasbro figure isn't even from Marvel line but G.I.Joe, which as far as I'm aware never used pin less tech. It's only matter of time before this will be incorporated into Marvel Legends line, So I would like to ask which females superheroes and villains do you want to see remade with this new feature? 

My #1 pick so far is Elektra she desperately needs good articulation in arms, I would add black cat but she was just released in retro line, Both female Captain Marvels of past and present could use new updated figures as well.

I don't think it's impossible. I think it's been established by the ML team that it's not a design issue so much as it is a aesthetics issue. Skinnier arms just don't look good with double jointed elbows and it's the opinion of many toy "experts" that they also make the skinnier arms more flimsy and prone to warping. Sure, you'll see them time to time with larger females like Proxima Midnight, but TBH that figure was just a dude with boobs (kinda). I don't think we're gonna see any redos on female figures just to add a double elbow anytime soon.

I personally agree with the team about the double elbow issue. I have female figures from other companies with double elbows and I do feel the single design is much better looking and the functionality is good enough. It's a question that's existed for as long as I can remember and the team has stood firmly behind this decision from day one and I don't think they intend on changing it, at least for now. I think it's time to just come to terms that it's just never gonna happen.

Monron brings up the real truth here, the double elbows just generally don't look visually pleasing on skinny arms, and tend to get warped, I personally don't feel like I like the way it looks and appreciate that Hasbro cares about how the figures aesthetically look over just pleasing the select few who desire more poseability. I don't think we will see the double elbow ever come a constant part of the female figures, but a few here and there when they can slip it in sure. I can't say for certain that if they manage to update the technology that it couldn't become a standard in years to come, but I am currently cool with the way the female figures look for the most part (aside from needing more variety in bucks).

They just need to do what some of their other brands have done/are doing and get a better single jointed elbow in the mix.  I mean Lightning Collection does it just fine, and Black Series Jaina Solo has a really good single jointed elbow if memory serves.  Legends just needs to get with it.

Once they've done that...all the female Spider characters, the martial artists, everyone needs a re-do with better elbows, and butterfly joints, and a better crunch.

Proxima Midnight has double jointed elbows and so does Rescue- and she also has biceps swivel. Looks fantastic. If the problem is "super skinny" arms then stop making the arms so skinny. The Rogue from the Pyro 2 pack, for example, has perfectly reasonable legs but the arms look too slight for the rest of her.

But I wouldn't stop with re-making female figures with double jointed elbows- I'd seriously overhaul their whole female line. No, I'm not saying they all should have Juggernaut wave Rogue/ Gamorra body types but neither should they all have scrawny Kate Bishop bucks either. So yeah, do that, and bring on the double jointed elbows. That should be standard!

• 8 months later...

Literally every female (some males too) character needs the double jointed arms. It's 2021 now and the near decade old female body/arms set up needs to go, its purely out of laziness that they don't change it, and i'm bothered that there are 'consumers' a part of this conversation who seem to be fine with this wonky, ancient, aesthetic ruining, design oversight, and continue to applaud Hasbro for their lack of care. I don't see how anything from the toybiz era can be considered 'out of proportion'  with the current female character set up being seen as acceptable for modern day ML.

i will agree, indeed some double jointed elbows can look terribly off, even if they're pinless or with pins, i guess it does mostly depend how the figure's aesthetic is made and will double joint or single joint fit, i welcome any choice, as with single joints i guess as long as it's similar to Wandavision Scarlet witch's single joint i am alright with that. (i mention this one since i can't picture which other female figure had a similar joint)

On 8/16/2021 at 5:10 AM, SweetTee007 said:

Literally every female (some males too) character needs the double jointed arms. It's 2021 now and the near decade old female body/arms set up needs to go, its purely out of laziness that they don't change it, and i'm bothered that there are 'consumers' a part of this conversation who seem to be fine with this wonky, ancient, aesthetic ruining, design oversight, and continue to applaud Hasbro for their lack of care. I don't see how anything from the toybiz era can be considered 'out of proportion'  with the current female character set up being seen as acceptable for modern day ML.

Those Toy Biz figures aren’t out of proportion at all… for gorillas or lanky space aliens. I mean, care about what you want, but Toy Biz figures looked legitimately terrible, and most figures Hasbro produces these days look incredible. Would I complain about double-jointed elbows if the figure still looked great? No, of course not. That sounds awesome. That slight additional range of motion doesn’t make or break anything for me, though, at least not in the way that, say, arms that reach down to the knees or tiny heads with pinched faces might.

• 2 weeks later...