Best of 2020 Voting!!!

tarot

Hey my fellow Plastic Addicts. It's that time of the year again. It's time for our annual Best of Marvel Legends for 2020. Long time readers know that every year I post a set of questions asking what you thinking are the best figures as well as other stuff of the year. These are broken down into various categories over several weeks.

For new readers wondering why I'm doing it now, it's for several reasons. First and foremost I work retail so over the month of December I have very little time to be working on the site. This is just a easy way to interact with my readers. Second the month of December is considered the first month of the fiscal year for Hasbro. This means that anything that comes out in the month of December is considered 2021 figure and not 2020. Third of all, I just want to do it now and it's fun.

Like last year we are starting of with the best Accessories, best Packaging design, best Wave Assortment, Best BAF and brand new category for this year best Deluxe figures, which also includes riders.

However I will say that, despite dropping in some stores at the moment, the following have been disqualified for this years selection as they have missed the deadline. They are for release in December and while some are being released now they are not supposed to come out til later. These will be allowed in next years selection. Basically, if I haven't gotten it, it's not allowed.

Disqualified for this year:

• Target's Vintage figure - Rogue, Gambit, Cyborg Spider-man and Negative Zone Spider-man
  • Fan Channel Vintage J. Joanh Jameson and Black Cat
  • Into the Spider-verse wave

click here - https://ivlv.me/3EB72

I Want to say the smoke and muzzle fire and weapon fire effects that have come with Gray Widow and White Widow, Fantomex and War Machine, not sure how I should put that since they come with multiple figures. but thats clearly the coolest new addition to legends IMO

15 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I Want to say the smoke and muzzle fire and weapon fire effects that have come with Gray Widow and White Widow, Fantomex and War Machine, not sure how I should put that since they come with multiple figures. but thats clearly the coolest new addition to legends IMO

first come first serve. If you can't remember what was first just enter any.

13 minutes ago, tarot said:

first come first serve. If you can't remember what was first just enter any.

I just called it Black Widow's Smoke, Muzzle Flash and Weapon Fire Effects. , because either way it came with those 2 exclusive Black Widow figures before it came with the others.

Going with:

-Accessories: War Machine, because even though he sports some reused ones, the way the old and new effects come together is excellent.

-Packaging: Spidey Retro card, since it's the only time I've ever considered picking up duplicates to keep MOC/MIB.

-Best Wave Assortment: Spidey Retro, even the lesser figures have a place in the display.

-Best Deluxe/Rider: War Machine, I mean those effects, he really feels like a one man army all set up like that.

-Best BAF: Demogoblin, by a landslide, the new the old, it all meshes great, but that head and the glider are a slam dunk.

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

That is an amazing accessory/effect. Good choice.

Best accessory: Shang-Chi's ten hands.

Best packaging: Doctor Doom's retro Fantastic Four card.

Best wave: Retro Spider-Man

Best deluxe/rider: War Machine

Best BAF: Super Skrull

As for what I voted on :

Best accessory: Smoke, Muzzle Flash, Weapon Fire Effect , which came with White Widow, Gray Widow, Fantomex and War Machine thus far (honestly this is the best new addition to Legends IMO)

Best packaging: Hellfire Club  (they really did beautiful work and put so much detail for a new peice here, the box on it's own is a mini dio)

Best wave: Venom Wave (this is a super personal and biased vote here, but this was personally the best wave of the year, not a single figure in this wave I didn't want, and most of it were wants I was asking for)

Best deluxe/rider: War Machine (hands down amazing figure, came with great effects, and essential to so many set ups, great use of the new IM parts)

Best BAF: Venompool (yup I had to do it, Sugar Man almost won, but because Sugar Man just has less articulation I had to go with Venompool)

Best Accessory: Demogoblin Glider - Looks awesome and the flight stand was a nice extra

Best Packaging X-Men Vintage  - Spidey Vintage was so close but I just like the Bigger character image

Best Wave : Spidey Vintage - Loads of demanded figures and update and I just love my Gwen figure. Shame the wave sold out before I could get Daredevil

Best Deluxe/Rider: Red Hulk - The lack of flame effects was the only downer on this figure

Best BAF: Sugar Man - While Demogoblin is awesome he should never have been a BAF, Sugar Man on the other hand does fit the BAF idea and was well worth it.

I had Shang-Chi's nunchucks as the best accessories, Retro Spidey classics as the best packaging, Fantastic Four wave because it had more figures that I wanted, as well as my really wanting the BAF. My Best BAF was naturally the Super-Skrull, because I really really, really wanted an updated Super-Skrull. Major tick off my ultimate bucket list!

Despite how scrambled this year's been, there have actually been a few strong contenders.

Gonna have to split my ticket though, Retro Spidey and Peter Parker all the way. Packaging was awesome, and both figures fulfilled a solid need (updated Spidey-Tooling and a civilian Parker).

Sure, Peter's glasses sucked, but that was an easy fix requiring no real customizing experience.

Went with

• Accessory: iron man 2020's blast-off effects.  widow's gunfire/smoking barrel effects are also quite cool
  • Packaging: Retro spidey 
  • Wave: spidey vintage.  many of this year's waves were just not up my alley but this one was great
  • deluxe/rider - went with cosmic ghost rider. tough call between him and red hulk but red hulk is so much re-use, even though i love him
  • BAF - Sugarman.  would probably have skipped most of this wave were it not for this BAF.  only completed him and Demogoblin (who should have just been a wave figure).  Fixit and Venompool seem pretty great, too.  Strong Guy just isn't someone i'm interested in

Hey guys. Wordpress seems to be down so I can't post the results today. I apologizes for that. However, we will move onto the second part of our Best of Marvel Legends with the voting for the best Exclusives of the year. I have said it a number of time in the questionnaire but do not judge a figure on where it was exclusive to.  I know Target has been causing so much headaches this year but it's the figure you should vote for. NOT the store. You can Vote for it here - https://ivlv.me/toZMV

I'll post the winners of the last week's voting soon.