Best of 2020 Voting!!!

tarot

9 hours ago, Atlantis said:

wow. some odd surprises here to be sure. Cant see atmos Iron Man winning anything.....

Hahaha he only won something because he was in a category of lame-o figures, he really didn't have much competition. I believe he was up against GV Stealth Cap and GV Ms. Marvel... now you see

Hey my fellow Plastic Addict. The dreaded 2020 is finally over with. For many people it was a year of isolation and illness but for Marvel Legends collectors, we have had one of the best years. Even with a number of waves being held back, we've had a total of eight waves, and that not even including the Stilt-man wave. Not to mention the dozens of regular release deluxe and rider series alongside the awesome X-men Movies line. Every month we got a new Fan Channel exclusive (by the way keep Jan 11th marked) and while our Joe brother had a hard time, we have a surprising amount of store exclusives. We may be stuck at home but at least we had our plastic crack.

But enough about that, you want to know what was the best overall figure. Over the past couple of weeks I have asked you what was the best figure of a particular category, with the winner of each going onto the finals. Now the final results are in and here are the top 5 winners that you have voted for. Thanks to everyone who has voted and lets get onto the winners.

5th Place

5.9% - Movie Venom (The only movie figure in the rankings)

4th Place

3 way tie at 8.8%

Sugar Man, Nimrod and War Machine

3rd Place Winner

10.3% - First Appearance Storm

2nd Place

11.8% - Retro Spider-man

Winner - 22.1%

Dr. Doom

doctordoom03.jpg

doctordoom01.jpg

Not my particular picks, but I got no problem with these. I didn't appreciate that we bought Doom the first time, not knowing a better one was on the way, and it kinda irks me that suddenly everyone expects that the Super Articulated Spidey mold should be used on any and all forthcoming Spider-Man, but the final results were understandable.

A few notable missing figures that surprised me are Strong Guy, Captain Marvel (the real one), Movie Deadpool, AOA Apocalypse and Venompool. Just based on the general rumblings on how good these figs were through the toy community.

What was the official release date for the Hellfire Club box set? I pre-ordered this set back in September, the day it went up on Hasbro Pulse, and my account says the expected shipment isn't until late March. So how many people have already got this set, and why do these characters count as 2020 figures but the Stiltman BAF wave, which has been reviewed and in people's hands for a month is considered 2021?

40 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

What was the official release date for the Hellfire Club box set? I pre-ordered this set back in September, the day it went up on Hasbro Pulse, and my account says the expected shipment isn't until late March. So how many people have already got this set, and why do these characters count as 2020 figures but the Stiltman BAF wave, which has been reviewed and in people's hands for a month is considered 2021?

Officially the Hellfire Club set was released in September with then another shipment due in March and has been available worldwide since October. Officially the Stiltman BAF is supposed to be release this month

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Officially the Hellfire Club set was released in September with then another shipment due in March and has been available worldwide since October. Officially the Stiltman BAF is supposed to be release this month

Is there a determining factor over who got the September shipment and who has to wait? I'm trying not to take it personally that six months will between the time I ordered the set and the time it should be in my hand when some people got it within days.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

Is there a determining factor over who got the September shipment and who has to wait? I'm trying not to take it personally that six months will between the time I ordered the set and the time it should be in my hand when some people got it within days.

First come first serve

The SDCC sets were all in-stock when they went on sale, but since most of them sold out during the early sale before non-Premium members even had a shot at them, they opened up preorders for a second printing and printed to-order. Unfortunately, it takes about six months to do a second run. I got my Hellfire sets and Logan set back in September, but my Cobra Commander's coming in March because I waited to order it until sales opened to the general public. By contrast, the Stilt-Man wave officially releases 2/1. Some places have it already because Hasbro's distribution is all over the place. I honestly think Hasbro has their factories drop-ship for Target and Walmart, so they often get things out a month or two before release, but it's technically a 2021 wave, just as F4 was a January 2020 wave, even though some got it in 2019.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

The SDCC sets were all in-stock when they went on sale, but since most of them sold out during the early sale before non-Premium members even had a shot at them, they opened up preorders for a second printing and printed to-order. Unfortunately, it takes about six months to do a second run.

That's it. I forgot Pulse Premium gets/got a chance to order in advance. I didn't think I would use the site that often when I first started using Pulse, but given how much I did over 2020, maybe I should have.

6 hours ago, Benn said:

the Stilt-Man wave officially releases 2/1. Some places have it already because Hasbro's distribution is all over the place.

Yeah I already got Prowler, and CMDstore has the Spiderverse wave. we got a few places in Canada that got the wave early, also ya I'm in the wait for HFC set. The whole Hasbro distribution thing is wildly in consistent even more so in Covid times.