Marvel Legends 6" Red Hand Ninja Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new 6" Marvel Legends Red Hand Ninja figure from Hasbro. You can pre-order this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our

GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Hand-Ninja-01.JPG

Hand-Ninja-02.JPG

Hand-Ninja-03.JPG

Hand-Ninja-04.JPG

Hand-Ninja-05.JPG

Hand-Ninja-06.JPG

Hand-Ninja-07.JPG

Hand-Ninja-08.JPG

Hand-Ninja-09.JPG

Hand-Ninja-10.JPG

Hand-Ninja-11.JPG

Hand-Ninja-12.JPG

This figure is relatively well done. I have several of the prior version that Hasbro did, so I'll likely only get a couple of these. I do wish that they had done some type of alternate variation of head sculpt or something like many of their other army builders, but I also realize that part of the charm of The Hand is that they're pretty uniform in appearance. All in all, it's pretty good. I expect it or some slight variation of it will eventually get added as an additional Hasbro Pulse exclusive at the lower $14.99 price point.

36 minutes ago, Legender said:

Is a shame, it doesnt look like the classic Hand Ninja, and most of the latest Hand aparitions follow the previous Hasbro design (reused Ronin mold) ... so this figure is in a limbo looking/design-wise.

In another post about Ultron I mentioned that he is a Legend they just can’t seem to get a true classic appearance.. seems the Hand ninja can be added to this list of so close but not quite the classic look ..

that being said, this Hand Ninja is very well done. If a little too tall.

it is as I predicted as well, this guy is sold out everywhere now as people try to build their tallest Stilt Man they can.. hopefully stores will get cases so he won’t be hard to find for long.

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

To be fair, I've seen various artists draw them all differently. So there's really no definite version of a Hand Ninja. 1189408899_HandvsWolverine.thumb.jpg.500554d46072bcf1e7d6c77159a702bb.jpgI was hoping they'd been based on this version myself. Oh well, they're close enough & I'll be getting at least 6.

I agree, there really isn’t an iconic or definitive look, and I too thought this version was/is quite good! I have four on preorder, but now you have thrown down the gauntlet and I may need to purchase more! 

Looks great, I really want this figure, but I have a feeling it's going to be realllly hard to find, because everyone is going to be buying 4 at least out the gate, and well will constantly be trying to get more so they can make a dumb 10ft Stilt-man and have a whole shelf of Hand Ninjas so they can do toyography with them so they will need 20, so I already have decided I will never get this, it's pre-sold out, and I bet it's like back back back ordered because ya.. everyone wants 20 , I just want 1

how about everybody who wants more then 2 , you gotta wait till this figure has been out for at least 2-3 months, let people get it, then hoard 20+ of them. Thank You!

2 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Looks great, I really want this figure, but I have a feeling it's going to be realllly hard to find, because everyone is going to be buying 4 at least out the gate, and well will constantly be trying to get more so they can make a dumb 10ft Stilt-man and have a whole shelf of Hand Ninjas so they can do toyography with them so they will need 20, so I already have decided I will never get this, it's pre-sold out, and I bet it's like back back back ordered because ya.. everyone wants 20 , I just want 1

how about everybody who wants more then 2 , you gotta wait till this figure has been out for at least 2-3 months, let people get it, then hoard 20+ of them. Thank You!

Bigbadtoystore has them on preorder - I buy most my figures there or directly through Hasbropulse (Toy hunting became too tough once Toys r Us folded, and Target is just too hot or cold...and Walmart is straight up awful, so online is the way to go for me)!

Pretty generic looking as far as ML goes. To me this looks like any "Ninja" figure that can be found in one of those Kickstarter type projects. Nothing about it actually says Hand to me. I'd said earlier that the previous Hasbro design was much more appealing, but I realize that at the time they were just repurposing the Ronin body mold to get more use out of it. Whatever the reasoning it still looked much better. I hope this means they made this figure look so plain because they plan on doing a new comic style Ronin and they intend it to have a much more intricate design like the first one. Y'know, something to make it stand out just a bit more than the average ninja.

It's a pretty boring figure imo, but I'll still buy one to go with Daredevil. Honestly, I'm not very interested in this wave at all, except for StiltMan and  FrogMan just as a novelty.  I just really they'd gone with a baf that was movie based and saved Stilt-Man for a different wave.

10 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

Bigbadtoystore has them on preorder - I buy most my figures there or directly through Hasbropulse (Toy hunting became too tough once Toys r Us folded, and Target is just too hot or cold...and Walmart is straight up awful, so online is the way to go for me)!

Agreed.  I've pretty much sworn off buying at retail unless absolutely necessary.

5 hours ago, silverback said:

I wish the G I Joe classified red ninja had the same uniform as the hand ninja, his head sculpt is nice. May try to get one for my collection anyway. And I think he comes with more weapons than the ML ninja.

I wish the G.I. Joe Classified Red Ninja, just was the Marvel Legends Hand Ninja, it's an amazing figure, and yes comes with a ton of cool accessories and has drop hips for probably way better posing, if Red Ninja already wasn't dedicated to my Joe shelf, I just move it to the Legends collection and call it a Hand Ninja.

On 11/25/2020 at 7:09 PM, Psychosomatic said:

I agree, there really isn’t an iconic or definitive look, and I too thought this version was/is quite good! I have four on preorder, but now you have thrown down the gauntlet and I may need to purchase more! 

In their very first appearance, it seemed as if the outfits were more heavily muted and black but a lot of that had to do with Miller's artwork and collaboration with the inkers. Later appearances showed us the "all-red" look. And yes theyve had so many different looks over the years due to different artists and, frankly, laziness. Their main function is to be a horde of assassins the heroes get to wade through, most often.

rh dd.jpg

Yeah so I googled “ Marvel Comics The Hand” and the resulting images are all over the board in their depiction. So no harm done that the Legends crew went with their own interpretation. 

Just wondering if the pursuit of a tall Stilt Man will make this guy impossible to find? My “armies” that I have already assembled ( HFC Goons, Dora Milaji, Skrulls (MCU Talos’s with various kit bashing, AIM, Hydra, Paladins..) I’ve stuck to a unofficial rule of six.. will these generic Hand Ninjas be too much of a hassle to pursue?

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

I've decided to just buy 2 as I have no interest in making a 3ft+ Stiltman, a foot & 1/2 tall version will suffice. I'll wait till Hasbro pulse makes the Hand Ninja the next $14.99 army builder & then buy like 6 more that way

Agreed. Plus, those legs are pretty scrawny. I'd mentioned in another discussion how they don't look accurate in the sense of width. In the comics the legs are drawn where it's conceivable that actual legs can fit inside them, but this figures legs are done about as thin and flimsy as can be done without collapsing from the weight of the upper torso. I'm not sure that if you went over 2 sets of legs, that the figure would even be able to stand on its own. I'm still gonna get it, and I still think it's a pretty good figure otherwise, but between the plain looking any-ninja and the wonky leg pieces, there's not much appeal for buying multiple $20 figures. I'll also await the inevitable $15 offerings that are sure to come out on Hasbro Pulse (if they're smart). 

I don't have issues with the visual look Hasbro decided to go with, Hand ninjas do look the way artist wants them to look. This figure would be  almost perfect example of reuse, I say almost because these arms from Mordo just don't cut it for Hand Ninja, yes visually its close but due to movie costume specific design they have ineffective double jointed elbows, which is unacceptable for Ninja character, it's in a way sad because they could reused Dr. Strange arms from same movie wave that would look even better due to being simply baggier and slightly bigger looking, which would work great with Hand ninja visuals along with double jointed elbows that work. 

image.png