Jump to content
Dabboi

Desired versions of already done characters

Recommended Posts

I'm literally only making this topic to say that I desperately need a Wasp figure in this outfit for my collection

Actually, given that she changes her costume every few panels, I'm surprised Wasp doesn't have more Legends figures

What are some other characters that you'd like a very specific version of? Namely characters that have already been done

 

 

b2fbe0-tta044cvr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Psylocke in her Outback armour. This is probably my number one want. I also want Magik in any of her New Mutants uniforms, an updated Wolverine in his Astonishing costume, various versions of Colossus (Acolytes, Outback, red/white 80s, Age of Apocalypse), Shadowcat in her Excalibur and Age of Apocalypse looks, Havok in his classic and Age of Apocalypse looks, Emma Frost in her Astonishing outfit, and Bishop in his short-lived but awesome Uncanny X-Force volume 2 costume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Benn said:

Psylocke in her Outback armour. This is probably my number one want.

It would never happen, but I would love an Outback Wave.

Along with your Psylocke, I would have Rogue; shirtless-powered Colossus (comes with either an additional half-human arm a la movie Mystique or a Piotr head); Longshot (include a Classic/outback Havok head that can be paired with Juggernaut wave Havok); Silvestri Storm (with her weird half mohawk that's almost filling out); and Gateway. I guess we need a Wolverine here too. Give us a great sculpt of an unmasked head no fan can say no to.

Dwight can insert his explicable Reaver fave Bonebreaker here as a BAF lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

 

It would never happen, but I would love an Outback Wave.

Along with your Psylocke, I would have Rogue; shirtless-powered Colossus (comes with either an additional half-human arm a la movie Mystique or a Piotr head); Longshot (include a Classic/outback Havok head that can be paired with Juggernaut wave Havok); Silvestri Storm (with her weird half mohawk that's almost filling out); and Gateway. I guess we need a Wolverine here too. Give us a great sculpt of an unmasked head no fan can say no to.

Dwight can insert his explicable Reaver fave Bonebreaker here as a BAF lol

I always envisioned Bonebreaker getting released in a Rider's wave. I could be wrong though. I like your Havok idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a given that Iron Man is an already-done character, but what's funny is that all but one of my most desired figures have already been done.

Neo-Classic Iron Man, since the two versions released by Hasbro were underscaled and had the old school swiveled shoulderpads.

Modular Iron Man, since its previous version was during the Toy Biz era.

Modern Classic Iron Man, since its previous version was during the Toy Biz era and also corresponded to Pat Lee's specific interpretation of it.

Extremis Iron Man, since the previous version was underscaled and poorly articulated.

Marvel NOW! Iron Man, since the previous version was a lazy repaint of the MCU Mark IV armor and not a proper representation of the suit.

And then there's Iron Man's current armor. Kinda hoping that's the one in the rumored assortment of the Shang-Chi wave.

Iron_Man_Armor_Model_9.jpgIron_Man_Armor_Model_13_(Retouched).jpgIron_Man_Armor_Model_25.jpgIron_Man_Armor_Model_29.jpgIron_Man_Armor_Model_42.jpgIron_Man_Armor_Model_70.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Modular Armor Iron Man

MCU Quicksilver

Morrison era Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Emma Frost and Beast

Sam Wilson Captain America with actual wings

Immortal Hulk

Dark Ms. Marvel Moonstone

Generation X Jubilee (masked look is my fave but I'd take the starting uniform as well) and Emma Frost, with the rest of their never-been-made teammates

Marvel Knights Black Panther

Red Harpy Betty Ross

Fantastic Four She-Hulk

New Avengers Wiccan and Hulkling

Domino mask Patriot (it's absurd the only figures most of the Young Avengers ever got were in the costumes they only ever wore for one story arc)

Uncanny X-Force Nightcrawler

Marvel Boy Noh-Varr 

 X-Men Red Storm and Jean Grey

God Emperor Doom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 1:13 AM, Dabboi said:

I'm literally only making this topic to say that I desperately need a Wasp figure in this outfit for my collection

Actually, given that she changes her costume every few panels, I'm surprised Wasp doesn't have more Legends figures

b2fbe0-tta044cvr.jpg

I love the Wasp and felt so strongly about getting more outfits out of her in Marvel Legends form that I imagined an entire sub-line of Wasp waves: 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are some other characters that you'd like a very specific version of? Namely characters that have already been done :

Vision- correct outfit

Wonder Man, Ionic form (the ones that haven't been done are the original green/red and safari jacket)

Iron Man- Iron Man NOW and Extremis armors. One was a repaint, the other was way too small for a normal human to fit into. He's wearing ARMOR....not a body stocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of great suggestions here, people have already mentioned a good bunch of figures I'd suggest, Armored Psylocke, Excalibur Shadowcat, X-Men Red Jean Gray, FF She-Hulk, Dark Ms. Marvel, AOA Kitty.

some others that come to mind are

Classic 90's Domino & Marvel Now

All New All Different Black Bolt

Dan Ketch Ghost Rider (if that counts)

All New All Different Scarlet Witch

Black Cat (Claws)

All New All Different Misty Knight

Classic Nebula (if that counts since we only have MCU)

Defenders era Valkyrie (silver and gold armor suit)

Classic Squirrel Girl

Classic X-23

Paradox Dr. Strange

 

those are a few things that currently came to mind.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valkyrie (in her original outfit) was done before, about 10 years ago (that long??) in a Hulk/Valkyrie two pack. Not only is that one in serious, dire need of an update, but I always liked her short-lived off the shoulder gold-orange number. She only wore it in a few issues of the Defenders but its a version I'd love to see. I don't know if it has that "Norse" feel to it, but I liked that they kept her belt from the original garb.

I'd do these both in a larger female buck...maybe there would need to be an all-new mold just for characters like her (Thundra, She- Hulk, etc). Pinless, and for the original suit, I'd really accent bright silver for the neck/collar piece, breast cups, belt and wrist/bicep bands. For the off-shoulder, I'd like to see a metallic orange paint and long hip boots (but do NOT put her on the Emma Frost buck from the Hellfire Club set. Valkyrie is a more robust figure). 

valk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still waiting for my Neo Classic and Wada Wandas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Valkyrie (in her original outfit) was done before, about 10 years ago (that long??) in a Hulk/Valkyrie two pack. Not only is that one in serious, dire need of an update, but I always liked her short-lived off the shoulder gold-orange number. She only wore it in a few issues of the Defenders but its a version I'd love to see. I don't know if it has that "Norse" feel to it, but I liked that they kept her belt from the original garb.

I'd do these both in a larger female buck...maybe there would need to be an all-new mold just for characters like her (Thundra, She- Hulk, etc). Pinless, and for the original suit, I'd really accent bright silver for the neck/collar piece, breast cups, belt and wrist/bicep bands. For the off-shoulder, I'd like to see a metallic orange paint and long hip boots (but do NOT put her on the Emma Frost buck from the Hellfire Club set. Valkyrie is a more robust figure). 

 

RCO005_1463889890.JPG

No the Valkyrie I was talking about was not that version released in the Hulk 2 pack

I'm talking about this look

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

No the Valkyrie I was talking about was not that version released in the Hulk 2 pack

I'm talking about this look

spacer.png

Yep, I know which one youre talking about, I was referring to the desired version I wanted to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Yep, I know which one youre talking about, I was referring to the desired version I wanted to see.

Oh hahaha my bad, anyways I do agree with you on the version you mentioned I'd love to see that as well, I'd just like to see her released again as her face could really benefit from the current work being done with female legends face sculpts, the release we currently have really was a odd face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh hahaha my bad, anyways I do agree with you on the version you mentioned I'd love to see that as well, I'd just like to see her released again as her face could really benefit from the current work being done with female legends face sculpts, the release we currently have really was a odd face.

Yes! But they really have been killing it with faces lately, especially the females, right? Can't even compare the toybiz versions....some of those were truly nightmarish. And they also have been styling hair quite well, which is something the 2pack version didn't have. Valkyrie's hair tends to sweep over the right side of her face, so that should be how she's done.

The white silver/gold outfit probably looks more "Asgardian" than the orange chrome thing I like, but I'll take either one as long as they put her on the right body buck. She's supposed to be like 6'3" and over 400lbs...so please, none of this spindly Kate Bishop mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hickman Hyperion

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love a screen accurate Infinity War Captain America with a face and hair that look like Chris Evans.

Then I’d like Hasbro to put some actual effort into Caps Avengers 1 suit. A better paint job does not excuse the poor decision to use a buck with articulation from over 10 years ago.

The recent review of the Children of Thanos show how well remakes can be done. ( and how piss poor the two Caps mentioned above look compared to those spectacular rereleases)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 6:47 PM, Satam said:

lots of pictures 

I can definitely get behind most of these! Those are my favourite looks for Sinister and Rogue, and definitely up there for Beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yes! But they really have been killing it with faces lately, especially the females, right? Can't even compare the toybiz versions....some of those were truly nightmarish. And they also have been styling hair quite well, which is something the 2pack version didn't have. Valkyrie's hair tends to sweep over the right side of her face, so that should be how she's done.

The white silver/gold outfit probably looks more "Asgardian" than the orange chrome thing I like, but I'll take either one as long as they put her on the right body buck. She's supposed to be like 6'3" and over 400lbs...so please, none of this spindly Kate Bishop mess.

Yeah they could really knock a new Valkyrie out of the park with the quality of the figures we get now, and I actually think they need to bring back the tall girl buck (I didn't have a problem with that last Val figure, but the face was a bit weird, and the lack of paint), that they used for the last Valkyrie (and Thundra, Angela for examples) it was a nice buck (at least I thought) that they really didn't use enough, it worked well.

I'm sure we will see a new Comic Valkyrie soon enough and I'm sure it will be what we hope for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Valkyrie (in her original outfit) was done before, about 10 years ago (that long??) in a Hulk/Valkyrie two pack. Not only is that one in serious, dire need of an update, but I always liked her short-lived off the shoulder gold-orange number. She only wore it in a few issues of the Defenders but its a version I'd love to see. I don't know if it has that "Norse" feel to it, but I liked that they kept her belt from the original garb.

I'd do these both in a larger female buck...maybe there would need to be an all-new mold just for characters like her (Thundra, She- Hulk, etc). Pinless, and for the original suit, I'd really accent bright silver for the neck/collar piece, breast cups, belt and wrist/bicep bands. For the off-shoulder, I'd like to see a metallic orange paint and long hip boots (but do NOT put her on the Emma Frost buck from the Hellfire Club set. Valkyrie is a more robust figure). 

 

RCO005_1463889890.JPG

I would flip for this version of Valkyrie!!! 

As for the topic, I'm really hoping we see Adam Warlock, ideally in either of his two classic outfits: first Shazam-bolt outfit, or the one from the Starlin years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly my most-desired remake is a total vanity deluxe version of Ant-Man (Hank Pym).

  • using the retro wave Spider-Man buck or something comparable
  • New head sculpt with classic-looking helmet the way Neal Adams drew it in Avengers #93
  • Interchangeable Hank Pym head without helmet
  • Helmet
  • Two pair interchangeable hands (closed fists and open/gripping)
  • Jetpack thing he used in Avengers #93
  • Half-inch miniature Ant-Man (standing/neutral)
  • Half-inch miniature Ant-Man (running)
  • Half-inch miniature Ant-Man (jumping/punching)
  • Half-inch miniature Ant-Man (riding an ant)

Ant.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Possibly my most-desired remake is a total vanity deluxe version of Ant-Man (Hank Pym).

  • New head sculpt with classic-looking helmet the way Neal Adams drew it in Avengers #93
  • Interchangeable Hank Pym head without helmet
  • Jetpack thing he used in Avengers #93
  • Half-inch miniature Ant-Man (standing/neutral)
  • Half-inch miniature Ant-Man (running)
  • Half-inch miniature Ant-Man (jumping/punching)
  • Half-inch miniature Ant-Man (riding an ant)

 

I agree! That "retro" thing they pulled a few years back was an embarrassment....just a repainted Black Ant, and not even the correct helmet. I liked the toybiz version that came with a helmet he can actually take on and off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE