Figures that should see a re-release in the vintage wave

Hogun

As much as I hate the vintage figures. There is one figure I so desperately want to see re-released in that wave and that is 90s Cable. Hasbro should redo him on the Omega Red body with slightly new paint and give him more weapons storage and an interchangeable left hand. I found it hard for him to carry his big rifle with both hands because of the limited shoulder articulation. Maybe Hasbro could also give us a Vintage wave Cannonball with legs, but that I feel would better fit a deluxe figure so that he can come with a longer blast effect and legs.

43 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

I’m surprised we haven’t gotten a simple classic Daredevil repaint in the vintage wave, given that he was one of the characters in the first wave of ToyBiz’s 1990 Super Hero line.

We got one in the Amazon exclusive Defenders box set. I remember picking up that set on boxing day for 40$ CDN

30 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

I want his classic, classic outfit, the very first one, which was black with the red stripes and the shoulder fur:

2a0b4fa1ec0e1fcaf9f630ca8d81477a.jpg

Fair enough but as a point of contention That wouldn't be his classic version. If anything its his first appearance. Classic is the costume he is most famous for wearing. Like red and blue spidey, tiger stripe wolverine or red costume daredevil. 

11 minutes ago, tarot said:

Fair enough but as a point of contention That wouldn't be his classic version. If anything its his first appearance. Classic is the costume he is most famous for wearing. Like red and blue spidey, tiger stripe wolverine or red costume daredevil. 

I see what you're saying and to a large part agree, but to me, First Appearance also equates to Classic. Either way, now that we've got Black Cat in her Classic look, I really want this version of Puma for a sweet 80s style display!

If the issue is re-releasing "vintage" figures then definitely The Black Panther and The Black Widow need to be on that list. The Panther they made was not the vintage figure, it was the more modern look (specifically, the Stelfreeze style). The Widow had the wrong face, definitely the wrong body; they got the costume right (not that hard to do really) though I would've liked to have seen a more glossy black.

Then there's the Vision. Great paint job all around. Choice of colors was just perfect. Figure was good, though I think he should be on a bigger buck. But he's missing his ear cups, the cape collar is wrong, the belt shouldn't be painted on, the boots shouldn't be painted on.  

To add on to some of the Spidey suggestions above: Green Goblin's glider is just way way too small, and where are the batwings?? Toybiz got it right.

11 hours ago, leokearon said:
  • Carnage: Using the Absolute Carnage body with weapons and Cletus head
  • Venom: Movie Venom but with Comic paint apps
  • Spider-Man 2099: Either version (but I would prefer the modern costume)
  • Shocker
  • Spider-Girl with Mayday head

Love these ideas for Venom and Spider-Girl. I would want original recipe Spider-Man 2099.

2 hours ago, leokearon said:
  • Rhino
  • Sandman
  • Hobgoblin with Classic head
  • Green Goblin with alt harry and Bart Hamilton heads with ability to hang under glider
  • Mary Jane

I would love to get retro/classic Rhino and Sandman since I never got the BAFs; I would settle for simple repaints or rereleases, but I would really prefer if they redid them scaled down a little bit. 

Some others

• Cyclops - I know he already got a vintage wave one; I'd like him in the classic look of the Dark Phoenix 2-pack but with the vintage X-Factor optic blast effects
  • Ant-Man - classic Han Pym; different buck than the last vintage wave one; new classic helmet sculpt; different hands
  • Sub-Mariner - redo his head to give it more of that classic triangular shape with the super arched eyebrows and the flat top
  • Super-Skrull - recolored, brighter green and purple colors
  • Man-Thing - slight recoloring to give a bit more variety in the green and brown tones
  • Ulik- since I never got that Thor 5-pack

these come to mind

Spider-Man 2099 - on the Retro Spidey buck

Hobgoblin - just so I can get him

Dreadknight - same as above

Ms. Marvel - updated version from the 3 pack (or could be the older look)

Baron Zemo - just a re-release with some new paint apps and unmasked head

Nova - Richard Rider, just update the older one from the guardians wave, with more classic asthetic

Radioactive Man - just give us a re-do of the 3 pack one

Stryfe -  better paint apps though

that's all I can think of right now.

I would like to see the vintage wave return to its roots of being a means to re-release figures and create evergreen versions of characters and not just nostalgia pandering. So if I had to pick figures to re-release in a vintage wave:

80 Years Iron Man: So they can release a version of this figure without the QC issues that required people to take the figure apart to fix them. I would love to see it in the colors of the Iron Man 2020 figure. For accessories, it could come with a horned MK II helmet (though I'd rather Hasbro did the MK II with its unique armor details). It would be also fun to see an Iron Man figure come with a platform with roller wheels you could plug into the pegholes of the feet.

80 Years Captain America: With a lighter blue. I prefer the darker blue, but I figure it'd be an interesting release and some people would prefer it to the original release.

80 Years Thor: I mean, I guess Hasbro could just re-release all three 80 Years big three figures with more retro paintjobs. The Thor figure could include a bearded Thor headsculpt, or even a Clor headsculpt, but I feel like that one wouldn't fit with the vintage vibe.

Black Widow: I feel like Hasbro could kitbash a classic Black Widow out of the Legendary Riders version with the bracelets and belt of the original vintage version, and changing the upper torso so the zipper is closed.

Hawkeye: Hasbro could repurpose parts of the previous retro Hawkeye on a new body mold, with a new headsculpt and the bow and arrow from the Dani Moonstar figure.

War Machine: I'm thinking long-term here since it just got released, but I believe Hasbro could at some point down the line re-release it with a new chestplate so it's the original Tony Stark version of the War Machine Armor, the one without the unibeam.

X Marks the spot, X-Men!

• Phoenix: With a head that doesn't look like Celine Dion
  • Cyclops: Jim Lee Version with alt optic blast head
  • Juggernaut: With undamaged Cain Marko head
  • Beast: Blue Beast with firendly head
  • Sabretooth: Comes with his attack claw accessory
  • Stryfe : With unmasked head

16 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

these come to mind

Spider-Man 2099 - on the Retro Spidey buck

Hobgoblin - just so I can get him

Dreadknight - same as above

Ms. Marvel - updated version from the 3 pack (or could be the older look)

Baron Zemo - just a re-release with some new paint apps and unmasked head

Nova - Richard Rider, just update the older one from the guardians wave, with more classic asthetic

Radioactive Man - just give us a re-do of the 3 pack one

Stryfe -  better paint apps though

that's all I can think of right now.

I would get all of those except for Stryfe.

12 hours ago, ADour said:

80 Years Captain America: With a lighter blue. I prefer the darker blue, but I figure it'd be an interesting release and some people would prefer it to the original release.

Black Widow: I feel like Hasbro could kitbash a classic Black Widow out of the Legendary Riders version with the bracelets and belt of the original vintage version, and changing the upper torso so the zipper is closed.

I'm one of those who would prefer the lighter color blue on Captain America. As for Black Widow, I actually use one of the Riders heads on the vintage Black Widow for my preferred Natasha. I would love it, though, if Hasbro released a gray costumed Black Widow like the deluxe one that came out this year but without the brown leather jacket.

20 hours ago, ADour said:

I would like to see the vintage wave return to its roots of being a means to re-release figures and create evergreen versions of characters and not just nostalgia pandering. So if I had to pick figures to re-release in a vintage wave:

80 Years Iron Man: So they can release a version of this figure without the QC issues that required people to take the figure apart to fix them. I would love to see it in the colors of the Iron Man 2020 figure. For accessories, it could come with a horned MK II helmet (though I'd rather Hasbro did the MK II with its unique armor details). It would be also fun to see an Iron Man figure come with a platform with roller wheels you could plug into the pegholes of the feet.

80 Years Thor: I mean, I guess Hasbro could just re-release all three 80 Years big three figures with more retro paintjobs. The Thor figure could include a bearded Thor headsculpt, or even a Clor headsculpt, but I feel like that one wouldn't fit with the vintage vibe.

Hawkeye: Hasbro could repurpose parts of the previous retro Hawkeye on a new body mold, with a new headsculpt and the bow and arrow from the Dani Moonstar figure.

War Machine: I'm thinking long-term here since it just got released, but I believe Hasbro could at some point down the line re-release it with a new chestplate so it's the original Tony Stark version of the War Machine Armor, the one without the unibeam.

What were the QC issues on 80th Iron Man? I own him but never noticed anything that stands out..l 

(maybe I don’t want to know haha.. if it’s pointed out my OCD may not rest until I find out how to fix

i think repaints of the 80th are inevitable. Cap with a lighter blue would be amazing, my favorite era he wore the light blue so I kinda need that.

i wasn’t thrilled when I heard they were doing Alex Ross specific versions of the big three ( for all the same reasons I could not get into the DC artist line, too many contrasting styles that wouldnt mess standing next to each other on a shelf). Glad they turned out more or less as standard Legends, albeit the definitive versions

3 hours ago, McHogan said:

What were the QC issues on 80th Iron Man? I own him but never noticed anything that stands out..l 

(maybe I don’t want to know haha.. if it’s pointed out my OCD may not rest until I find out how to fix

You shouldn't be too worried. I'm also finicky but I live with it.

If you want to know what they are about, highlight the rest of this paragraph: There are two QC issues, one is easy to fix and the other one isn't. The first one is that its shins are assembled backwards. It's an easy fix because you only have to turn them around 180°, leaving the feet facing backwards, and then turn the feet around 180° so they're facing the correct way. The second issue is that the left upper arm is on the right arm and the right upper arm is on the left arm. It's only noticeable if you pay attention to the muscle definition. If you grab the figure, you'll notice the outer side of the upper arms has one "muscle line" running across, while the inner side of the upper arms has two lines. It should be the other way round, and you can grab any other figure with muscle definition for comparison. The way to fix this is to heat up the figure, pop it apart, switch the upper arms, reassemble. You should be able to find YouTube videos going over the process in more detail.

Hope that helps.

33 minutes ago, Chunkylover said:

I would Ike’s access to some of those BAFs like Onslaught and Sauron. They catch a pretty penny on eBay. If they released them as deluxe vintages figures they would surely sell.

I could see Onslaught being released next year with it being the 25th Anniversary of the event.

Sauron could come with a club like the old 90's toy

Speaking of Onslaught anniversary, I'm certainly not encouraging Hasbro to do a full Onslaught wave (as much as I loved reading AOA back then, I don't think this year's wave was all that great) but I'd love to a get a Cannonball from that era with his version of 90s Cyclops' blue costume and Storm with the bob hair cut with long strands on either side. I'm sure I've mentioned this want already a few times lol