Over 60 In-Hand Images For The Avengers Infinity War Marvel Legends 6" The Children of Thanos Boxset

JayC

Shown below via LittleToysBiggerWorld are over 60 in-hand images for the new Avengers Infinity War Marvel Legends 6" The Children of Thanos Boxset from Hasbro. The set which here in the US is being sold as a Amazon exclusive includes updated figures of Thanos, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, and Cull Obsidian.

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-04.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-03.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-02.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-01.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-05.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-06.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-07.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-08.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-09.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-10.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-11.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-12.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-13.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-14.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-15.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-16.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-17.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-18.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-19.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-20.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-21.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-22.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-23.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-24.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-25.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-26.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-27.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-28.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-29.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-30.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-31.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-32.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-33.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-34.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-35.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-36.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-37.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-38.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-39.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-40.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-41.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-42.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-43.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-44.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-45.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-46.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-47.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-48.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-49.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-50.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-51.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-52.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-53.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-54.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-55.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-56.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-57.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-58.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-59.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-60.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-61.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-62.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-63.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-64.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-65.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-66.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-67.jpg

Children-Of-Thanos-5-pack-68.jpg

Initially I thought it was only Cull and Proxima that had any changes to them, but it's clear now that the Maw has had some "accuration" done to it as well. I was gonna be happy to let this one fly by but Damnit, based on Cull alone I hadda pull the trigger. What really sucks is that Glaive was such a beeyatch to get a hold of the first time and he's the one who got the least upgrade (paint only, it seems). I could care less about Thanos. We got enough of him and the Freddy Kruger arm isn't enough to sell me on him. Still on the fence on whether this was a worthy purchase or not, but TBH if I'm leaning at all, I'm leaning towards "yes".

edit: Yes, it does suck that we have to pretty much buy them all again just to get the movie accurate versions, but I really don't fault Hasbro so much as I do Marvel themselves. Hasbro had to get design and production into the process long before the movie was finished and they pretty much got the rug pulled out from under them as far as the final look of these mostly CGI characters. If you'll remember, I think even some of the displays at one of the larger Cons that year (I think SDCC) even had the first design of Cull in several displays and images.

Seeing the side by side comparisons I see that the paint apps are much better on this new box set. I like the new pick axe they gave Cull too. I already have the first figures though. I could never reconcile pulling the trigger again on this new box set of these gangly grotesque's.

It’s a nice set for anyone who didn’t pick these guys up the first time around. I’m passing but can understand why the improvements would be enough to make some people buy it even if they have the originals. But imo worth waiting as the set being marked down at some point after the holidays is “inevitable”.

also I don’t think it’s any conspiracy by hasbro to make us buy figures twice; they’re working off concept art way ahead of time. Blame Disney if you have to blame someone, but tbh It’s really not anybody’s fault. Probably doesn’t help that retailers are really into having toys on pegs right when the movie comes out rather than a year later or whatever 

I do think these look great, and are nice improvements, especially on the Cull, but I couldn't justify purchasing this, despite the fact I don't have a MCU Thanos or Cull, I feel as though the original versions of all of these figures are good enough for me, and feel even more slightly comicesque that I would rather have them over these far more screen accurate figures, I really wish now that this is coming out I could finally build the BAF cull without having to pay a dumb price. I am fine and cool with passing on this set.

Man, I can’t believe the difference between original release and updated. As others have said the Cull is the incentive but wow, they ALL look miles better on the remake. Gives me hope that Hasbro will revisit bearded Cap ( and for that matter, Avengers 1 Cap on modern articulation ) for a much needed update now.

i am all in, I love the updated sculpts/paint apps..I preordered the day they were announced. Kinda hoped they  get an early release but as it stands it will be a nice Xmas gift to myself.

not if this has been explained in MCU canon but the story of how Cull got an extra pair of Captain Marvel’s pajamas would be fun to hear.

This set was an instant pre-order for me, as I'll just stick the previous versions on the Endgame shelf and these on the Infinity War one. They all look so much better, even Proxima's head looks a little less weird than the pictures. Cull Obsidian is pretty much perfect now. This Thanos kind of makes me want to get the UK exclusive IW Cap so I can have an accurately colored right arm, then get a t-shirt for him and make myself a beginning-of-Endgame Thanos out of the BAF from 2018.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Man, I can’t believe the difference between original release and updated. As others have said the Cull is the incentive but wow, they ALL look miles better on the remake. Gives me hope that Hasbro will revisit bearded Cap ( and for that matter, Avengers 1 Cap on modern articulation ) for a much needed update now.

I'd love to get updated versions of both of those. I'd even pay for 2-packs, one with IW Cap and maybe Wong or War Machine, then Avengers Cap with an updated Loki or Hulk. 

I had to resell the first version of the Black Order to be able to ...order this new set!
I can't wait to get them.

By the way, I felt a lot frustrated too when hasbro updates movie design to be accurate.

I wish they wait like they did for Venom or Deadpool.

There are enough comic figures to support the main line while MCU collectors wait more for better movie figures.

5 hours ago, Innershade said:I had to resell the first version of the Black Order to be able to ...order this new set!
I can't wait to get them.

By the way, I felt a lot frustrated too when hasbro updates movie design to be accurate.

I wish they wait like they did for Venom or Deadpool.

There are enough comic figures to support the main line while MCU collectors wait more for better movie figures.

While I’ve gotten used to seeing MCU waves drop in accordance with film releases I’m tending to agree with you that with some time to get truly movie accurate designs I would just as soon wait to get amazing figures like these once. Not sure what they could release at movie time, maybe comic counterparts. Or characters from an earlier MCU appearance.. maybe knocking out screen accurate designs from the previous film.. that Red Guardian is just off without a helmet. And the first attempt at AntMan was dubious...

As it stands, my original Children of Thanos will most likely be relegated to my storage bins. Unless I can mostly hide their inaccuracies in a display..