Would you buy Super-Articulated Animated Style Figures (For Collectors)?

Air-Walker

Imagine Marvel figures done in something akin to Bruce Timm's Animated style, but geared towards Collectors, like McFarlane's recent DC Multiverse Animated Batman, Superman, Green Lantern etc). Not kiddy figures like the Disney Infinity etc, but again something more like Bruce Timm, see the sample pics below...

Thoughts? 

choose files... Click to choose files

blackbolt01.JPG

blackcat01b.jpg

elektra02.JPG

ironfist01.JPG

Jean Grey05_Phoenix_2.jpg

Nick Fury 02.JPG

spider-woman04.jpg

silversurfer02.JPG

I love Bruce Timm's style, and I would actually love to see him produce a Marvel animated series or one-off animated movie, but I don't need another line of Marvel action figures or collectables. I've already got Marvel Legends for myself and I'm going to get the Retro 4 inch figures for my son. I mean, maybe one or two at the most for display purposes, but I wouldn't collect a series of these. 

I would have to say No, as a line I don't think I'd be interested, I really like the way current legends blend well with each other and have a unified look, so adding something in that is so different doesn't appeal to me, and to collect a whole other line based off animation style I don't think I could go for, I already don't really like the whole Spiderverse thing. I however might be tempted to buy some animated figures if they were really good, maybe a figure here and there but even then probably not. I also will probably get hate my way for saying I'm not huge on the Bruce Timm art style, I don't really like the whole huge upper body small waist and leg thing, and the blocky look odd proportion thing. never really dug it. I do like the females he draws sometimes though, so maybe a chick figure I could get with.

Tempting but probably not. I got the McFarlan animated style John Stewart because I liked it better than the other one they made. But that's the only one I wanted. I placed him in with the rest of my DC figures and nobody messes with him. He's too big and mean looking.

No for me as well. 

Uniformity in my Legends is the deciding factor. Guess I could be tempted with a few characters that I cherry pick but for the most part animated styles clash hard with my sensibilities.

plus, Legends is my main collection. I may grab a Star Wars gu here and there but always end up selling them off. Same with those McFarlane DC figures. I bought them thinking I’d come around on them but got rid of them all except Superman. 

However, this upcoming Spider-Verse Legends appear to be a perfect blend of the animated  costumes on today’s Legends style.. if they continued to make Legends in animated designs I will continue to get.

If Hasbro wanted to expand to yet another distinct Marvel superheroes toy line (which I don't think they should, but IF...) I would recommend basing it on the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series from about ten years ago. The show was terrific, blending lots of classic and contemporary stories. It had a huge cast by the end of the second season. And the style was reminiscent of the Timmverse without being an obvious copy. 

avengers_team.jpg