Hasbro Fan First Friday: Marvel Legends Livestream - 12/04/20 - X-Men, M.O.D.O.K., Classic Ultron, NOVA And More

JayC

This was all very cool but thankfully nothing really becoming a must buy for me, a few maybes but nothing I 'gotsta have!' feel. I actually thought the dusty dp was a joke at first. Like start out the gate with a imo bland weak entry to get us started?! But of course I get it, a way for them to sell the mold and single carded, but thats not exciting. I havent read house of X or anything new in forever so none of that really appeals to me but they look cool. Trisentinel is neat and a cool way to reuse parts from sp/dr. MODOK is really nice but I debate on him hard since I still have the Toybiz one and thats a pretty stellar entry, but it all depends on what Im feeling the closer he gets to released and i see more in hand. Overall, my wallet is thankful and I can relax for a bit longer on my marvel legends needs. Oh yeah and Classic Ultron!! I wonder if hes going to be in the bring on the bad guys wave. 

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

I had no intention....ZERO INTEREST.....in getting that Moira. But they took some extra time to liven up an otherwise dull figure. So, dammit, more $ out my wallet. Well played, Hasbro. I CONCEDE this round to you, and am gracious enough to admit it.

Dude, for real.  That Moira looks amazing.  She's the highlight of the wave for me.

Way to go, Hasbro!

I ordered Jean (much needed for Classic Xmen team to replace that terrible original Hasbro version) and Moria (even though I really wanted her classic jumpsuit, at least the lab coat helps).  I didn’t get anyone else.  I don’t collect designs past the Jim Lee era anymore.

Not sure on M.O.D.O.K. yet.  I like the Toy Biz version.

While I was at it I had forgotten to order Phage, J Jonna Jameson, two more Moonstars, and an extra hand ninja. Uhg, had to order from multiple sites to get what I needed - BBTS (love buying from them), Entertainment Earth (their shipping rates are crazy), and even Megalopolis (who is probably the worst retailer ever).

2 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

Man, Moira and Marvel Girl sold out in seconds on Amazon! Not worried, EB games usually always comes through for us Canadians. Got my MODOK pre-ordered and can now get on with the rest of my day, lol.

I just bought Moira on Amazon.  I couldn't find Marvel Girl or Professor X. 

Edit: Found Marvel girl.  Now I just need Professor X. 

10 minutes ago, Inspection12e said:

I just bought Moira on Amazon.  I couldn't find Marvel Girl or Professor X. 

The Prof:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08MVY5MXL?pf_rd_r=2MYPRCZ71ZJ81EETSFJM&pf_rd_p=6fc81c8c-2a38-41c6-a68a-f78c79e7253f

And for Marvel Girl:

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Classic-MVL-Men-Legends/dp/B08MVSTHMD/ref=pd_ybh_a_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=S14JYB71KFGD586MAEV9

Any how, yeah, I managed to get them too a few minutes later. Must have been a glitch.

Some really amazing reveals today! that MODOK is so excellent looking it's a must have no question, as for that dusty deadpool count me out on that bland re-paint, he should have been more gray IMO, Classic Ultron coming.. I am so happy!, The new Nova is a must have as well. Silver Surfer is still a no.. it's not even black, I'm fine with the one I already have,  as for the HoX wave I'm not that interested in that BAF it looks kinda cool but do I need it the answer is no (at least for now), I do want to get that Omega Sentinel she looks stellar, Jean is fine and I will get her, Moira is actually rad seeing as how she has 2 looks, I think I want 2 so I can have Moira in the coat , and use the uncoated body for my Retro MJ head. the Cyclops and Prof X are snoozes, and I won't buy it but I have to say that Wolverine is amazing! I love it, but I can't stand to have another Wolverine in my collection at this point. Magneto is a maybe, I don't feel like I need a white Magneto, classic is good enough for me. also finally for me the news of Cannonball's legs is wonderful I just hope I don't have to do something stupid to get them.

17 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Sweet just grabbed him.  The only skip was Wolverine since he had no BAF piece and I have like 12 Wolverines. 

I question Hasbro's wisdom in making a whole X-Men wave based on one modern comic storyline. Current comic readership is very low- the Age of Apocalypse Legends wave seems to be one of the least-popular waves of the past few years, and many, MANY more people have read AoA than House of X. These figures are well-done, but there arte still so many characters and outfits to be done for X-Men within the mainstream universe, it seems like an odd choice. 2 or 3 of these figures with 4 other figures would be nice. With this wave, the AoA wave, and all of the Fox X-Men figures, we've gotten so many X-Men-related figures, but not enough of them have been classic comic-based figures. 

12 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

I question Hasbro's wisdom in making a whole X-Men wave based on one modern comic storyline. Current comic readership is very low- the Age of Apocalypse Legends wave seems to be one of the least-popular waves of the past few years, and many, MANY more people have read AoA than House of X. These figures are well-done, but there arte still so many characters and outfits to be done for X-Men within the mainstream universe, it seems like an odd choice. 2 or 3 of these figures with 4 other figures would be nice. With this wave, the AoA wave, and all of the Fox X-Men figures, we've gotten so many X-Men-related figures, but not enough of them have been classic comic-based figures. 

I do agree with this statement even though I still read and like a lot of the modern looks. I still want more Marauders, Generation X, Hellions, New X-men(rockslide, Anole and Armor).

27 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

You'd really hate what McFarlane is doing with DC figures then. It seems that they're basically only making figures from Dark Knights Metal or other recent runs. Of course the 7" scale is what really sucks for those figures. I'm a DC collector also and going from Mattel to McFarlane is absolutely horrific. Let's hope nothing like that ever happens with Marvel Legends.

Nice, had not planned on getting any of this House of X wave but that Moira Mac T is a must have. Like the Modok figure but not over fifty bucks worth. Tri Sentinel looks good and Ultron looks great. Glad Im not in the market for the Marvel girl, those boots are a deal breaker.

That classic Nova...at first he's so awesome, then the realization sets in that he's another Walgreens exclusive that's going to be a pain to hunt.  Great figure, though.  Makes me want Hasbro to revisit his Annihilation look and see what they could do with it now.  Ultron is a homerun of a figure.

The only figure that is an easy pass for me is Wolverine. It doesn't come with a BAF piece and I can use the Juggernaut wave Wolverine as a placeholder. I have no interest in getting another Wolverine. I'm disappointed that the Professor X is using that horrible Pizza mold. I would have preferred the Spider-Man 2099 mold instead.

30 minutes ago, Hogun said:

The only figure that is an easy pass for me is Wolverine. It doesn't come with a BAF piece and I can use the Juggernaut wave Wolverine as a placeholder. I have no interest in getting another Wolverine. I'm disappointed that the Professor X is using that horrible Pizza mold. I would have preferred the Spider-Man 2099 mold instead.

The ANAD Spider-Man 2099 mold? That mold would have been too buff for Professor X. I would even argue that the Pizza Spidey mold is still too muscular and the figure should have used the Mr. Fantastic mold instead.

The House of X wave looks so good. I'm least excited for Jean, but really the whole wave has me stoked. My opinions now are the same as they were when we saw the renders, but everything looks so much better in plastic. What a great wave. I still hate that costume for Jean, which I think is making me more apathetic about their cost-cutting measures with her, and I'm less than thrilled with Karima's fairly severe whitewashing, but the overall quality of the wave is high. I'm honestly a little surprised not to have seen any complaints about Karima's build. Much as I'm loathe to revisit this old song, that has to be the biggest departure from comic depictions of a body-type the line has ever done.

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

As I'm sure you are, I am hyped for the Ultron coming out for next year. 20 years late. Finally, somebody got him back to work!

ulte.jpg

ultromn.jpg

YES!!  I missed the livestream because I was in a work meeting.  (My priorities need work, I know.)  I read the Ultron chatter, but didn't know they showed a render until I saw it on reddit a few hours ago.  So then I had to go watch the livestream.  He looks so good!  And are they kidding me with that Kirby crackle that can go in his mouth or his hand!?  So stoked.

I missed the last Silver Surfer so maybe I can catch this one. That Nova looks good too. All these new figures popping up all over the place is about to give me plastic overload. And I think I like it. Just don't bunch them up too close together, my wife is starting to notice my plastic smuggling operation and check online shopping. Its action figure espionage around here.

3 hours ago, silverback said:

"... Glad Im not in the market for the Marvel girl, those boots are a deal breaker..."

You said it. The level of sheer cheapness and laziness here just p1sses me off. While I'm no fan of this outfit of hers- which always screamed 1950s blandness to me- if theyre gonna do it, then do it right. Marvel Girl wears pointed yellow boots in this outfit. Not hard to do. Yet Hasbro seems to have a problem with getting these kinds of boots right, and then they cheap out and just paint it on. Worse, they just painted over Moira's shoes and didnt even bother to hide it to make it look like a boot. Even just adding a raised seam, like they did for the Hellfire Club opera gloves or Rogue's green and white outfit, wouldve been better. For the Dormammu BAF, they not only gave him pointed boots but threw in boot swivel as well. Its just so odd, because Dwight Stall is on record saying how much he loves this character. You'd think they'd pull out the stops to make it right.

Jean-Grey-Phoenix-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-i.jpg

I am really liking that Ultron. His ultimate characteristic for me has always been his face with that really creepy mouth. None of the many Ultrons to date have captured that, in my opinion. That Select one Jay posted last month was probably the best. This one looks great. There doesn’t appear to be a waist joint, which seems odd, but he looks really great so I will go with it. He’s a robot. He can be a little stiff.