Jump to content

Hasbro Fan First Friday: Marvel Legends Livestream - 12/04/20 - X-Men, M.O.D.O.K., Classic Ultron, NOVA And More


Recommended Posts

You all may be giving out that Iron Man is getting a wave but Thor isn't (though he has a movie out in 2 years) But I think this is more the case of Hasbro making a special wave each year. They started with the F4, next is Iron Man and after that probably be something else, could be Thor, Captain America, Dr. Strange, etc.

I suggested it before that Hasbro should make a rotating Theme wave each year. I hope this is what hasbro is doing now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they do an Iron Man wave, here's what I want. Iron Man (90s Modular Armor) Crimson Dynamo (Valentin Shatalov) Ultron (Classic) - Confirmed Blizzard (90s Cartoon series) Tit

Called it.  

Hoping for a classic Ghost and Backlash.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

I started collecting right before the Marvel Legends line started, and I remember the aim being to focus on iconic characters... not really focusing on a complete wave from one character's comics. We had waves with X-Men characters and Avengers characters in the same wave... there was a wave with Blade, Colossus, Fury, Mister Fantastic, Red Skull, Sabretooth, and Silver Surfer - that is what I think they should get back to! I like complete teams too (X-Force, New Mutants), but I think the waves would be a lot more exciting if there was a little bit of everything. Imagine a wave with Classic Doctor Strange, Ultron, Fandral, Marrow, Dum Dum Dugan, Classic Powerman, Mole Man, and a Ulik BAF. I will buy damn near whatever Hasbro pushes out, but I would much prefer waves without a theme and more variety.  

I don't think this is a great plan. There are a lot of collectors who don't like every Marvel property, and keeping them separate makes it much more likely that collectors will want to buy in on entire waves to assemble BAFs. I had a prolific Toy Biz X-Men 5" collection when I was a kid, and always had my eye on Legends, but didn't pull the trigger on starting to collect until they started doing separate X-Men waves. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of Crimson Dynamo parts to get Psylocke and Colossus, or have to buy Mole Man and Titania to get the parts I need to build the Juggernaut. I can't be the only one. There are also so few "iconic characters" left to do that if they went back to that model, they'd have them all out in a year, and the line would be done. Wave themes with BAFs allow them to go much deeper with their character selections, which is good for the longevity of the line, and has frankly drawn in a ton of collectors who otherwise would've sat it all out (again, like myself).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tarot said:

You all may be giving out that Iron Man is getting a wave but Thor isn't (though he has a movie out in 2 years) But I think this is more the case of Hasbro making a special wave each year. They started with the F4, next is Iron Man and after that probably be something else, could be Thor, Captain America, Dr. Strange, etc.

I suggested it before that Hasbro should make a rotating Theme wave each year. I hope this is what hasbro is doing now.

It's not a bad idea, though if that is the case, I would be even more determined that the characters in the special wave should be specific to that character. So again Ultron shouldn't be in an iron man wave as he is more of an Avengers foe and therefore should be in an Avengers wave like Kang was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Benn said:

I don't think this is a great plan. There are a lot of collectors who don't like every Marvel property, and keeping them separate makes it much more likely that collectors will want to buy in on entire waves to assemble BAFs. I had a prolific Toy Biz X-Men 5" collection when I was a kid, and always had my eye on Legends, but didn't pull the trigger on starting to collect until they started doing separate X-Men waves. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of Crimson Dynamo parts to get Psylocke and Colossus, or have to buy Mole Man and Titania to get the parts I need to build the Juggernaut. I can't be the only one. There are also so few "iconic characters" left to do that if they went back to that model, they'd have them all out in a year, and the line would be done. Wave themes with BAFs allow them to go much deeper with their character selections, which is good for the longevity of the line, and has frankly drawn in a ton of collectors who otherwise would've sat it all out (again, like myself).

BENN you're lucky you didn't commit until they started with the complete X-Men Waves - you saved yourself a lot of money and time spent replacing older versions that needed updating. I don't disagree with your take - I get the business of why Hasbro does what they do - I wasn't saying what I wanted was the strongest plan for Hasbro, it is just what I would like to see. That is the beauty of this - there isn't just one type of collector, or right or wrong way for Hasbro to do this. As mentioned, I will buy whatever they pump out (their releases just get better and better), and what we are seeing now is probably the best they have come up with to get us to buy more and maximize their profits. Deluxe figures - great. Special two packs/three packs/ four packs - great! Retro Line - great! Army Builders on Hasbro Pulse - great! Haslab Sentinel - Inspired! Store exclusives are about the only things that suck. All I was saying was that I find a varied wave more exciting and fun, and regardless of what most of us want to see in a wave, if the BAF is amazing we will purchase everything anyway (like you I would have bought everything needed to build a Juggernaut, but it certainly didn't need to be all X-Men characters for us to do that). As for exhausting iconic characters, that would be hard to do - there are so many versions of these iconic characters (which is why we have so many Wolverine, Ironman, Cyclops, Spiderman, Cable, Deadpool, Storm, Thor, Hulk - they originally said their focus was to put out iconic characters, but not necessarily just their iconic outfits). I have nearly every BAF, so obviously I am buying complete waves regardless, and I love obscure characters too, I just don't mind waiting to get everything I want and having more fun along the way with varied character waves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ADour said:

... I'm sorry, what are you talking about?

I never said that Hasbro shouldn't have made a classic Ultron, only that I think he's a weird pick for an Iron Man wave since he's not really part of Iron Man's rogues gallery even if they have a bit of history. Every time Iron Man has fought Ultron it has felt like he is fighting an enemy of the Avengers without the Avengers, not an enemy of his own.

I didn't even mention that I'm not going to buy it. I only mentioned that I already have an Ultron because that allows me to already feel that him being in an Iron Man villains shelf is a bit of a stretch for me. On top of that, I never mentioned the Marvel Select Ultron. The Ultron figure I mentioned having is the one from the Iron Monger wave, which I only got because it was part of it. I'm actually happy for this Ultron release even if I'm not gonna get it, and the reason I'm not gonna get it doesn't have anything to do with believing that Hasbro shouldn't have made a new Ultron, because I don't even believe that.

The way you worded it by saying , " I already have an Ultron" on my IM shelf, made it sound like you were saying it was a wasted figure to make cuz you already owned one. What you fail to understand is that the Ultron that came in that came in the Iron Monger BAF wave was utilizing an outta date buck that Hasbro used for their Titanium man figure & the only thing new on it was the head sculpt. This version is made completely from a new buck specific to the character & is based on the Mark 11 version that George Perez drew & that all us Ultron fans have been wanting for close to 2 decades.444854871_Avengers162.thumb.jpg.9ab8a1fc6c1cf64cc6c2320619b07d4c.jpg816192518_avengers162004.jpgultronpopsThorWonderman.thumb.jpg.2aa421e8894fb0f046f37953e1069aee.jpg383926751_Ultronclassic.thumb.jpg.8200f30686253d18fba8a6f05f6610c6.jpg1149407638_UltronvsAvengers.thumb.jpg.311611bad688ca49772c897998c2fd1c.jpgUltron-8.thumb.jpg.fd8afd0045f6cde15b16e7c60368dc7c.jpg376817936_UltronbyPerez.thumb.jpg.12604e3619e2e648ae654db68447f190.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tarot said:

You all may be giving out that Iron Man is getting a wave but Thor isn't (though he has a movie out in 2 years) But I think this is more the case of Hasbro making a special wave each year. They started with the F4, next is Iron Man and after that probably be something else, could be Thor, Captain America, Dr. Strange, etc.

I suggested it before that Hasbro should make a rotating Theme wave each year. I hope this is what hasbro is doing now.

Not a bad suggestion! I was just commenting on this with BENN (he prefers theme waves, I prefer varied waves), but I think this could be a happy medium. Don't get me wrong, the theme waves are great too (like BENN, the X-Men Theme waves have probably been my favorites), I just love variety.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

BENN you're lucky you didn't commit until they started with the complete X-Men Waves - you saved yourself a lot of money and time spent replacing older versions that needed updating. I don't disagree with your take - I get the business of why Hasbro does what they do - I wasn't saying what I wanted was the strongest plan for Hasbro, it is just what I would like to see. That is the beauty of this - there isn't just one type of collector, or right or wrong way for Hasbro to do this. As mentioned, I will buy whatever they pump out (their releases just get better and better), and what we are seeing now is probably the best they have come up with to get us to buy more and maximize their profits. Deluxe figures - great. Special two packs/three packs/ four packs - great! Retro Line - great! Army Builders on Hasbro Pulse - great! Haslab Sentinel - Inspired! Store exclusives are about the only things that suck. All I was saying was that I find a varied wave more exciting and fun, and regardless of what most of us want to see in a wave, if the BAF is amazing we will purchase everything anyway (like you I would have bought everything needed to build a Juggernaut, but it certainly didn't need to be all X-Men characters for us to do that). As for exhausting iconic characters, that would be hard to do - there are so many versions of these iconic characters (which is why we have so many Wolverine, Ironman, Cyclops, Spiderman, Cable, Deadpool, Storm, Thor, Hulk - they originally said their focus was to put out iconic characters, but not necessarily just their iconic outfits). I have nearly every BAF, so obviously I am buying complete waves regardless, and I love obscure characters too, I just don't mind waiting to get everything I want and having more fun along the way with varied character waves.

Yeah, I totally get that the current model wouldn't be everyone's preference, but I do think it's probably the most savvy. I think separating out MCU and comics waves would be an improvement on it. The argument has historically been that big box stores wouldn't carry the waves without MCU content, but I think 2020 has proven that theory false, and it sure didn't seem like the all-comic or comic/gamerverse waves sold any worse than anything prior. Anyway, the bad guys wave seems like a real mixed bag, so hopefully that's got you excited. I'm stoked for the alleged Lady Deathstrike, but not thrilled about the BAF situation for the reasons I mentioned before, regardless of who it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Benn said:

Yeah, I totally get that the current model wouldn't be everyone's preference, but I do think it's probably the most savvy. I think separating out MCU and comics waves would be an improvement on it. The argument has historically been that big box stores wouldn't carry the waves without MCU content, but I think 2020 has proven that theory false, and it sure didn't seem like the all-comic or comic/gamerverse waves sold any worse than anything prior. Anyway, the bad guys wave seems like a real mixed bag, so hopefully that's got you excited. I'm stoked for the alleged Lady Deathstrike, but not thrilled about the BAF situation for the reasons I mentioned before, regardless of who it is.

Funny, I almost mentioned the Bad Guys wave as the kind of thing I am excited about (most excited about Lady Deathstrike too). Totally agree with your comments about the MCU figs being necessary to a wave's success, and that separating out MCU from comic would be a great improvement.  They'll never be able to please us all, but they are doing a pretty great job of keeping us all engaged even if we aren't getting exactly what we want all the time. I have a pretty extensive want list with about 30 absolute must haves and an additional 30 that would be really great. It is cool watching my list dwindle down so quickly (Classic Storm, Thunderbird, Warpath, Hellfire Club, Hellfire Goons, Sugarman, Xavier, Nightcrawler, and the 80th anniversary Avengers characters knocked out a bunch), but I can't wait to see classic versions of Toad, Blob, Doctor Strange, Iron Fist, Powerman, Ronan, Drax, Wolfsbane, Yondu, Hercules, Beta Ray Bill, Giant Man, Mandarin, Red Skull, Valkyrie, Warriors Three, Mephisto, Nightmare, Mastermind, Kree, Brood, Surtur, Frost Giants, the Marvel Monsters - and then the rest is just icing on the cake for me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kingpin BAF wave was the last time I bought an entire wave just to get the BAF figure, I sold off everyone else in that wave so I made back at least 50% of the purchase. Prior to that, I purchased the X-heavy wave for BAF Juggernaut. I cherry pick from just bout every wave of the past few yrs as I only collect comic based characters that I like. So far with 3 weeks left in 2020, I may have bought about 25 -28 ML comic based figs. The recent Mr Fixit wave is a no buy as I also don't buy video game based figs &  Jocasta & Thunderstrike have never been characters I really cared for. Kang is the only one I do intend to purchase but will wait till I see him on clearance later in 21'. The current "Stiltman" BAF wave is a dilemma for me as I want Stiltman, Frogman & HAND Ninja but don't care for the animated figs in the wave. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Wait, who said we can only get a Thor wave as long as its tied to a movie? That's just jumping to conclusions.

It's not jumping to conclusions. It's how Hasbro has been doing things since the return of Marvel Legends. As I already noted, last time there was an Iron Man wave was way back in 2013 because that was the last time there was an Iron Man movie in theaters. Hasbro does this for a reason. Certain properties like Spider-Man, the Avengers and the X-Men are evergreen and will likely always have some presence in stores, but others are a far easier sell when you can point to there being some sort of mass media tie-in for them.  Even in 2020, most of the waves we got were more of these evergreen properties like Spider-Man and the X-Men, and the Venom wave was obviously intended as a tie-in to that movie before it got delayed.

Look at it like this: every few weeks or so, someone suggests something like a New Warriors wave or a Ghost Rider wave or whatnot. While neat ideas, there's a reason you're not gonna see those. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I love Iron Fist, for example, but making a wave strictly dedicated to him is a stretch.

Oh ye of little faith.... 😉

I would swallow up a whole wave based on the Claremont/Byrne run of Iron Fist. Hell, there's a wave just in this picture:

Byrne.thumb.jpg.08657d1a6d8c1cb1ad9af4926ddb49dd.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

But I would swap out Boomerang for Chaka.

  1. Iron Fist
  2. Colleen Wing 
  3. Misty Knight
  4. Steel Serpent
  5. Chaka 
  6. Sabretooth (first appearance)

That's not even dipping into the Fraction/Aja run with the other Immortal Weapons from the Kingdoms of Heaven, or characters like White Tiger who appeared in the Deadly Hands of Kung Fu magazine.

Not sure who the build-a-figure would be. Might have to forego large scale for someone with a lot of robes and less action, like Yu-Ti the August Personage in Jade, or Master Khan.

Chaka.png

1.jpg

2.png

3.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

The way you worded it by saying , " I already have an Ultron" on my IM shelf, made it sound like you were saying it was a wasted figure to make cuz you already owned one. What you fail to understand is that the Ultron that came in that came in the Iron Monger BAF wave was utilizing an outta date buck that Hasbro used for their Titanium man figure & the only thing new on it was the head sculpt. This version is made completely from a new buck specific to the character & is based on the Mark 11 version that George Perez drew & that all us Ultron fans have been wanting for close to 2 decades.

I feel like we are involved in two completely different conversations, because you are still replying to things that I've never said. And while I get that you got the completely wrong idea behind my "I already have an Ultron" comment, my comment was still framed in the context of dicussing Ultron being in an Iron Man wave, not about him getting a figure at all. My comment only reinforces my idea of "I don't feel like Ultron should be considered an Iron Man villain" because already having an Ultron in an Iron Man villains shelf allows me to visualize him being labelled as an Iron Man villain, something that I feel it's a stretch. It has nothing to do with whether or not I want the new Ultron figure.

And why are you lecturing me on "failing to understand" that the Iron Monger wave Ultron isn't the best figure when I never brought that into the discussion? I'm an Iron Man fan, I think you can expect me to be familiar with that Titanium Man figure. I actually have it, and I specifically pose him as far away from that Ultron as possible because they share the same body. I also know that the only other Ultron figure by Hasbro uses the Ultimate Beetle body mold, and I share the sentiment that it's about time Hasbro made an Ultron figure without reusing unfit inaccurate body molds.

I even said, and I quote, "I'm actually happy for this Ultron release even if I'm not gonna get it." Or did you also misconstrue that comment?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ADour said:

I feel like we are involved in two completely different conversations, because you are still replying to things that I've never said. And while I get that you got the completely wrong idea behind my "I already have an Ultron" comment, my comment was still framed in the context of dicussing Ultron being in an Iron Man wave, not about him getting a figure at all. My comment only reinforces my idea of "I don't feel like Ultron should be considered an Iron Man villain" because already having an Ultron in an Iron Man villains shelf allows me to visualize him being labelled as an Iron Man villain, something that I feel it's a stretch. It has nothing to do with whether or not I want the new Ultron figure.

And why are you lecturing me on "failing to understand" that the Iron Monger wave Ultron isn't the best figure when I never brought that into the discussion? I'm an Iron Man fan, I think you can expect me to be familiar with that Titanium Man figure. I actually have it, and I specifically pose him as far away from that Ultron as possible because they share the same body. I also know that the only other Ultron figure by Hasbro uses the Ultimate Beetle body mold, and I share the sentiment that it's about time Hasbro made an Ultron figure without reusing unfit inaccurate body molds.

I even said, and I quote, "I'm actually happy for this Ultron release even if I'm not gonna get it." Or did you also misconstrue that comment?

I'm an Ironman fan as well & that T-man is pretty pathetic & I never bought it due to being undersized & not in the classic more iconic armor that I woulda preferred him to be done in. The MS version is very nice & the correct scale for him but the POA is not the best so I'll just wait on the ML BAF version which will be superior. Can I ask why you would not be interested in buying the classic Perez Ultron? That is by far his most classic & iconic version. 

 

I also know full well that Ultron isn't a IM specific arch enemy but if the only way Hasbro felt comfortable making him was to include him in a retro IM wave, I ain't gonna argue about it.  Ever since ML,s debut via TB in 2002, I've been dreaming of a comic accurate Perez Ultron so imagine my horror at seeing the video game based dog faced version they decided to give us Ultron fans.

Then Hasbro took over  2008 & I said, "OK, now I'll see a classic Perez Ultron", what do they give us,  cheap looking versions utilizing the TM & Beetle bucks. I was like , I'm never gonna see a classic Perez Ultron in my lifetime. Well it took 18yrs but we finally got the version myself & many other Ultron fans have wanted & I cannot wait to see additional pics of him & when he will be available to purchase. Classic Thanos & classic Ultron are my 2 most awaited & wanted figs in 21'!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why so many people are assuming the rumoured Iron Man wave is a retro wave. That wasn't part of the rumour and we already have a rumoured F4 retro wave coming next year. They could surprise everyone and do two retro waves next year, I suppose, but they usually only do one retro wave and a handful of additional fan channel exclusives. I would guess that any Iron Man wave coming is a BAF wave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

Can I ask why you would not be interested in buying the classic Perez Ultron? That is by far his most classic & iconic version.

The reason I'm not buying this figure is because I only collect Iron Man-related figures and I don't believe Ultron truly belongs in Iron Man's rogues gallery. Yes, I do have that meh Ultron figure, but only because it came in the Iron Monger wave. Why do I keep it in my Iron Man villains shelf then? Because even though I don't believe he belongs entirely there, I don't think it hurts to have him here either, and he also helps pads out the shelf.

So since I'm not fazed about having any Ultron in my Iron Man shelves, I don't think it's a priority to replace the Ultron that I already have, which I might just put in storage to make room for other actual Iron Man villains released in the future.

Bottom line: Do I believe Hasbro shouldn't have made this figure? No, I don't believe that. Do I not understand the importance of Ultron's classic look? No, I do understand it. Do I know the Ultron from the Iron Monger wave was a cheap repaint and inaccurate? Yes, I've known that since 2013. Can I still pass on a figure even though I think it's long overdue and I believe it's really neat they even added the crackle effects on the head? Yes, I can still pass on a figure. Am I still happy for the collectors who have a wider scope in their collection who will get this figure? Yes, I'm happy for them. Do I understand why Hasbro would add Ultron in an Iron Man wave? Yes, understanding and disagreeing are not mutually exclusive.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me specifically, the Retro speculation comes from a few things:

 

- Dan Yun has publicly talked about wanting to do a Retro Iron Man wave based on the cartoon several times. It would also make sense since Iron Man aired as part of the Marvel Action Hour with the Fantastic Four cartoon, which we're getting Retro figures based on next year.

- The Modular Armor (the suit Tony wore in the TV show and ToyBiz's tie-in action figure line) is one of the remaining prominent armors Hasbro hasn't done in any capacity yet, so would be a no-brainer. 

- While he was never actually in the cartoon, Ultron being the classic Bronze Age version rather than a more modern incarnation would fit the whole vintage theme (like 70s Gwen Stacy in the recent Retro Spider-Man wave). 

- By its very nature, a retro Iron Man wave would likely require a lot of new tooling that might be more feasible in a wave with no BAF. Relatedly, there are a number of potential money savers that would also fit with a Retro theme, like the classic Stealth Armor being done on the 80th anniversary body. acb29612ffa8008f022643331647859b.jpg

I could be totally wrong, but I suspect strongly a Retro Iron Man figures of some kind are coming sooner or later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@watanabefan I agree with all of these. HOWEVER, the listing for the wave is listing 7 figures. While it is not impossible for it to have more, Retro waves have had only 6 figures so far. 7 or more figures are usually indication that it is a baf wave. Do I think there won't be a vintage Iron Man wave? No. Definitely going to happen but I also think this is not it.

@Benn No F4 wave has been confirmed. You are probably right but Just because we got Doom does not mean we are getting a retro wave. it could (for the time being) just be a one off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tarot said:

the listing for the wave is listing 7 figures. While it is not impossible for it to have more, Retro waves have had only 6 figures so far. 7 or more figures are usually indication that it is a baf wave. Do I think there won't be a vintage Iron Man wave? No. Definitely going to happen but I also think this is not it.

Forgive me because I don't know the source of the rumor or how detailed it was, but if it is, in fact, only a rumor at this point that number of characters could change. Or maybe that number refers to the number of characters getting the retro card treatment (if that happens) but not necessarily the "wave". After all, the Retro Spider-Man wave was six figures, but like eleven or twelve figures came out with that packaging. Again, this is just me speculating and questioning because I don't know anything about this rumor other than what I've read on the last two pages of this thread.

EDIT: Never mind, I see that the source was in JayC's announcement on the homepage. I guess we'll see if that turns out to be the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Excited for the classic Nova and Ultron figures! Definitely picking both of those up!

Only pre-ordered the females from the X-Men wave. Marvel Girl for the classic X-Men shelf, Omega Sentinel for the X-Men villains shelf, and Moira will stay in the lab coat for the '90s Excalibur shelf. Will pick up the Wolverine eventually, but after it's release. Will pick up the other BAF pieces to put that also on the X-Men villains shelf.

Modok looks nice but I don't think I would spend $50 for it (and I don't even have the original Toybiz version). May pick it up if it's at a good price on the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gigantor said:


444854871_Avengers162.thumb.jpg.9ab8a1fc6c1cf64cc6c2320619b07d4c.jpg816192518_avengers162004.jpgultronpopsThorWonderman.thumb.jpg.2aa421e8894fb0f046f37953e1069aee.jpg383926751_Ultronclassic.thumb.jpg.8200f30686253d18fba8a6f05f6610c6.jpg1149407638_UltronvsAvengers.thumb.jpg.311611bad688ca49772c897998c2fd1c.jpgUltron-8.thumb.jpg.fd8afd0045f6cde15b16e7c60368dc7c.jpg376817936_UltronbyPerez.thumb.jpg.12604e3619e2e648ae654db68447f190.jpg

I'm wondering just WHY it took 20 years to do Ultron (correctly), and how the 3.5" Marvel Universe was done (was that 2010??) before we got an accurate 6" version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Benn said:

I'm not sure why so many people are assuming the rumoured Iron Man wave is a retro wave. That wasn't part of the rumour and we already have a rumoured F4 retro wave coming next year. They could surprise everyone and do two retro waves next year, I suppose, but they usually only do one retro wave and a handful of additional fan channel exclusives. I would guess that any Iron Man wave coming is a BAF wave.

Prior to the rumour that Ultron was going to be part of an Iron Man wave, there has been rumours of a Iron man Retro wave for many months. Therefore people are assuming that this rumour Iron man wave with Ultron is the rumoured Retro Iron Man wave

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'm wondering just WHY it took 20 years to do Ultron (correctly), and how the 3.5" Marvel Universe was done (was that 2010??) before we got an accurate 6" version.

Your guess is as good as mine. I figured when he was announced as the next villian in Avengers 'Age of Ultron" movie, that we would see both movie & comic versions of him but all we got was umpteenth MCU Ultron versions that I did not buy. All I kow is that he was loooooong over due! Hoping we see additional pics of him & the package he will be in, also hope he has additional fist hands as well as a weapons effect or 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leokearon said:

Prior to the rumour that Ultron was going to be part of an Iron Man wave, there has been rumours of a Iron man Retro wave for many months. Therefore people are assuming that this rumour Iron man wave with Ultron is the rumoured Retro Iron Man wave

Those weren't credible rumours, though. They were basically just snowballing excitement based on someone in marketing saying during an interview that he liked the idea of doing an Iron Man retro wave. Retro waves ship in cases of 6, not 8. If there are 7 figures in this rumoured wave, it's a BAF wave.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I've come up with two lists for possible Iron Man waves, depending on whether it's a standard BAF wave or retro carded, and I don't think they're mutually exclusive, so...

Iron Man (Titanium Man BAF) Wave

  1. IRON MAN (Neo-classic) - the first vintage wave Iron Man needs a serious upgrade, but the armor design that came out of the "Armor Wars" story line is one of my favorites.
  2. IRON MAN (first appearance) - classic gray Mark I armor
  3. IRONHEART (modern) - I like Riri's colorful armor and I'd like to put her on the shelf with Kamala and some of the other young heroes
  4. ULTRON (classic) - assuming this is the figure already revealed
  5. GHOST - classic first appearance
  6. CRIMSON DYNAMO (classic) - scaled down and all red, unlike the BAF from Black Widow wave
  7. STINGRAY - classic, outside the Iron Man family but he did appear in "The Armor Wars"

Iron Man Retro Wave

  1. IRON MAN (Modular armor) 
  2. IRON MAN (Stealth armor)
  3. The Mandarin (comic) - not green-skinned like the cartoon, but dressed in green and gold ceremonial robes
  4. MADAME MASQUE - classic
  5. UNICORN - classic
  6. GUARDSMAN - classic

And as I have said oh-so many times, once the first appearance Iron Man is released, Hasbro can repaint it metallic gold as an exclusive or deluxe figure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE