Jump to content

Hasbro Fan First Friday: Marvel Legends Livestream - 12/04/20 - X-Men, M.O.D.O.K., Classic Ultron, NOVA And More


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Benn said:

Those weren't credible rumours, though. They were basically just snowballing excitement based on someone in marketing saying during an interview that he liked the idea of doing an Iron Man retro wave. Retro waves ship in cases of 6, not 8. If there are 7 figures in this rumoured wave, it's a BAF wave.

In  my opinion no rumour is credible until it is confirmed, other than that I take all rumours with a grain of salt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they do an Iron Man wave, here's what I want. Iron Man (90s Modular Armor) Crimson Dynamo (Valentin Shatalov) Ultron (Classic) - Confirmed Blizzard (90s Cartoon series) Tit

Called it.  

Hoping for a classic Ghost and Backlash.

Posted Images

On 12/5/2020 at 8:49 PM, RyanDaly said:

I understand why Iron Man gets a wave, especially a vintage/retro wave when they have the packaging from the '90s line to repurpose. On the other hand, I agree with you that the Nine Realms are severely underrepresented. I would love to get comic versions of the Warriors Three, Heimdall, Sif, Hildegarde, and more. 

I also understand why Iron Man is getting a wave based on the 90s toy line and the popularity of classic carded figures.  My problem however, is that we will get a full wave of Iron Man and we will most likely also get another 4-6 armors thrown in other places.

There is the big 3 Avengers- Iron Man, Cap and THOR

In the 2020 Gamerverse waves based on the Avengers game (which Thor is featured in) we got 3 Iron Man, 2 Cap and 2 Hulk figures.  How many Thor.....zero.

In 2019 when Hasbro finally nailed down decent molds for Hulk and Thor that Hulk mold has been converted into three additional figures within a year (plus Hulk got two other figures on different molds).  Did we get an updated Modern Thor to scale better than the 2011 release on the new Thor buck?  No.  Did we get a 6' scale sleeveless Modern Thor like the 12" offering we got a couple of years ago? No.  Did we get that mold converted into a Simmonson Armored Thor, an updated King Thor to replace the one from the Hasbro dark days, an updated Ages of Thunder Thor that scales better with our collection, an updated Old King Thor that scales better than the 2015 BAF, or even a new Herald of Thunder Thor?  No on all counts.  We got 6 Iron Man armors this year, 2 Cap figures and lets be honest that Black Widow movie wave was as much a Cap wave as it was Black Widow and since the release of the 80th Ann line we have gotten 6 Hulk figures. 

Thor has carried his own title since what, 1962? He is a major MAJOR player in almost all Marvel events yet he barely has any representation in the Legends line.  In 2019 we got a Thor, Loki and Beta Ray Bill. Three figures, this year we got Thunderstrike.  Thor and Asgardians are severely overlooked by the Hasbro team.  Just give us one year where Thor gets a little love.  If you gave us:

Amazon Exclusive Warriors Three pack,

Deluxe Surtur 

And a wave where we get six comic figures and a BAF 

I feel certain they would sell at least as well as a Cyborg armed Spider Man that appeared in one issue of one comic almost 30 years ago.  I guarantee they will sell better than the Age of Apocalypse wave which is still sitting at every Wal Mart and Target nationwide. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, CAC said:

Thor has carried his own title since what, 1962? He is a major MAJOR player in almost all Marvel events yet he barely has any representation in the Legends line.  In 2019 we got a Thor, Loki and Beta Ray Bill. Three figures, this year we got Thunderstrike.  Thor and Asgardians are severely overlooked by the Hasbro team.  Just give us one year where Thor gets a little love.  If you gave us:

Amazon Exclusive Warriors Three pack,

Deluxe Surtur 

And a wave where we get six comic figures and a BAF 

I feel certain they would sell at least as well as a Cyborg armed Spider Man that appeared in one issue of one comic almost 30 years ago.  I guarantee they will sell better than the Age of Apocalypse wave which is still sitting at every Wal Mart and Target nationwide. 

I hear you, but I think we're just living through a period where Iron Man and Captain America are more popular than Thor, based largely on the performance of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But with no Iron Man in the movies, his flame is bound to dwindle soon, so I can see why Hasbro would want to push a lot of Iron Man produce while he's still hot. But in two years (hopefully), we'll get a new Thor movie and hopefully a lot of renewed interest in the character's cinematic and comics representations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2020 at 12:51 PM, JayC said:

I bet money the figure with the tail is gonna be Tigra, just because I recently bought an originally one off eBay 😕

 

I really hope that is right. I'm a fan of the character and Hasbro's first take was middling. I'd definitely like an updated version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, leokearon said:

In  my opinion no rumour is credible until it is confirmed, other than that I take all rumours with a grain of salt.

I'm not looking for an argument, but there is a measurable difference between leaks from retailers and off-hand comments by the Legends brand team, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. The former amost always pan out, and the latter are almost always just wishful thinking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Benn said:

I'm not looking for an argument, but there is a measurable difference between leaks from retailers and off-hand comments by the Legends brand team, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. The former amost always pan out, and the latter are almost always just wishful thinking.

Exactly. If it's in the stores computers database, then 90% of the time that means the listing is true. The only time it has been wrong was years ago (way back at the Cap Civil War) where they listed something else. This hasn't happened for a very long times so anything that in a store listing is more then often right. It has to be. That's how store know what to order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Okay, I've come up with two lists for possible Iron Man waves, depending on whether it's a standard BAF wave or retro carded, and I don't think they're mutually exclusive, so...

Iron Man (Titanium Man BAF) Wave

  1. IRON MAN (Neo-classic) - the first vintage wave Iron Man needs a serious upgrade, but the armor design that came out of the "Armor Wars" story line is one of my favorites.
  2. IRON MAN (first appearance) - classic gray Mark I armor
  3. IRONHEART (modern) - I like Riri's colorful armor and I'd like to put her on the shelf with Kamala and some of the other young heroes
  4. ULTRON (classic) - assuming this is the figure already revealed
  5. GHOST - classic first appearance
  6. CRIMSON DYNAMO (classic) - scaled down and all red, unlike the BAF from Black Widow wave
  7. STINGRAY - classic, outside the Iron Man family but he did appear in "The Armor Wars"

Iron Man Retro Wave

  1. IRON MAN (Modular armor) 
  2. IRON MAN (Stealth armor)
  3. The Mandarin (comic) - not green-skinned like the cartoon, but dressed in green and gold ceremonial robes
  4. MADAME MASQUE - classic
  5. UNICORN - classic
  6. GUARDSMAN - classic

And as I have said oh-so many times, once the first appearance Iron Man is released, Hasbro can repaint it metallic gold as an exclusive or deluxe figure. 

I'm down with 90% of your choices except I'd replace Iron heart with classic Blacklash & Madam Masque with 70s/80s Melter..

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard folks guess that the tail the brand team referenced could be Fin Fang Foom, or Tigra, but I'm going to make a guess that with all the Spiderman love with the retro line that the tail could be for a new, more classic scale Lizard (the Lizard BAF is awesome, but I would love a smaller version...and maybe a better scale Sandman and Absorbing Man too).

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems strange to mention Tales to Astonish (and first appearances) and then mention the "tail", but so far I haven't seen anyone who debuted in Tales to Astonish that has a tail (still lokking), unless... it's a reference to Black Knight's horse and we are finally getting Horses in the Ultimate Riders

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, leokearon said:

It seems strange to mention Tales to Astonish (and first appearances) and then mention the "tail", but so far I haven't seen anyone who debuted in Tales to Astonish that has a tail (still lokking), unless... it's a reference to Black Knight's horse and we are finally getting Horses in the Ultimate Riders

Or perhaps Hasbro will finally give us the universally beloved fan-favorite Inhuman Stallior!!!

Stallior_(Earth-616)_from_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_2_6_001.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some one in hasbro (or was marvel, I don't know) goofed on the name for the house of x baf. It is not tri-sentinel. Its name is Theta Sentinel. So a new character? Eh who care. New sentinel for my army.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tarot said:

Some one in hasbro (or was marvel, I don't know) goofed on the name for the house of x baf. It is not tri-sentinel. Its name is Theta Sentinel. So a new character? Eh who care. New sentinel for my army.

Well it has three heads, so it is a Tri-Sentinel in a way

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, about Cannonball, are we actually going to be getting a set of legs that will fit the "blasting action" torso that came out in the Wendigo wave? if so, I will go buy a Cannonball figure right now. Other than not having legs, he looks pretty good. Not having legs has been a deal breaker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unclear. It could be an entirely new version of Cannonball, maybe the Onslaught era or modern, and just happens to include all of his proper limbs.

I for one think it would be funny if they just sold his legs in little boxes from HasbroPulse like they do with the army-builders. $7.99 for a box with fully painted legs and crotch. Limit one per customer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm super impressed with Moria MacTaggert. She's perfect for city streets as well as laboratories. Two non-masked heads, removable coat via arms change. Tied for best figure since Stepford Cuckoos with retro Gwen Stacy. I have 10 on pre-order.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ransomz said:

So, about Cannonball, are we actually going to be getting a set of legs that will fit the "blasting action" torso that came out in the Wendigo wave? if so, I will go buy a Cannonball figure right now. Other than not having legs, he looks pretty good. Not having legs has been a deal breaker.

Dan Yun later tweeted this. 

 

I'm guessing it's just a new figure that actually has legs this time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

Dan Yun later tweeted this. 

 

I'm guessing it's just a new figure that actually has legs this time. 

Going to honest and am hoping the new figure is a New Mutants version. The girls are lonely sitting on the shelves by themselves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tarot said:

Going to honest and am hoping the new figure is a New Mutants version. The girls are lonely sitting on the shelves by themselves.

Isn't Dani Monster (and Rahne and X'ian) wearing the mid-2000s era costume when she was a junior councilor for the Young X-Men, though? That's not the costume she wore in the '80s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2020 at 9:24 AM, Benn said:

"...The argument has historically been that big box stores wouldn't carry the waves without MCU content, but I think 2020 has proven that theory false, and it sure didn't seem like the all-comic or comic/gamerverse waves sold any worse than anything prior..."

Agree. This is what I've been saying: the MCU content is a great addition to the Marvel Legends line, but really isnt indispensable in the long run. Legends werent made to tie into movie goers interest, because Legends were started way before anyone even thought of a movie line.

Marvel's characters will be around long after the studios run out of gas, and 2020 has just shown that again, as if it had to be done. Its baffling to hear that some people who've long been fans of these comic characters are buying into this notion that Hasbro can't do a toy unless its got movie/tv to fuel it. People need to let that go.

Also, they don't necessarily need a BAF either, nor does the wave have to be "themed". If Hasbro were to debut a new wave of Firelord, Equinox, Thundra, Namorita, Blue Marvel (helmeted head and unhelmeted), Wonder Man (original outfit),  and Gladiator (from Daredevil), with the Watcher as the BAF (or with no BAF), BBTS, Target, Amazon, big box stores etc. are gonna carry it. And even while ranting on forums like this that these characters have virtually nothing to do with one another, fans and collectors will buy it.

Seriously, tell me you wouldn't get that wave. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Agree. This is what I've been saying: the MCU content is a great addition to the Marvel Legends line, but really isnt indispensable in the long run. Legends werent made to tie into movie goers interest, because Legends were started way before anyone even thought of a movie line.

Marvel's characters will be around long after the studios run out of gas, and 2020 has just shown that again, as if it had to be done. Its baffling to hear that some people who've long been fans of these comic characters are buying into this notion that Hasbro can't do a toy unless its got movie/tv to fuel it. People need to let that go.

Also, they don't necessarily need a BAF either, nor does the wave have to be "themed". If Hasbro were to debut a new wave of Firelord, Equinox, Thundra, Namorita, Blue Marvel (helmeted head and unhelmeted), Wonder Man (original outfit),  and Gladiator (from Daredevil), with the Watcher as the BAF (or with no BAF), BBTS, Target, Amazon, big box stores etc. are gonna carry it. And even while ranting on forums like this that these characters have virtually nothing to do with one another, fans and collectors will buy it.

Seriously, tell me you wouldn't get that wave. 

 

Personally, I would only get Firelord and Blue Marvel out of that wave. Then again I cherry pick most waves anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE