Hasbro Fan First Friday: Marvel Legends Livestream - 12/04/20 - X-Men, M.O.D.O.K., Classic Ultron, NOVA And More

Ok I better stop reading these posts because I was initially excited about these figures after the pics were first revealed. Now I'm gonna be thinking about why Magneto has a silver helmet, etc. Damnit people!¬†ūüė̬† (I initially loved the Quicksilver that came in the Family Matters 3-pack and actually preferred him over that Scarlet Witch. Now I can't unsee Quicksilver's head being way too big for his body). I'm being facetious, I still think these figures are gorgeous ūüôā

Re: the choice of BAF. I've surrendered to the fact that the X-men waves will (Apocalypse aside) get the weaker BAF because Hasbro knows X-fans will buy them (Sugarman aside lol). That's why Deadpool got Sauron and Strong Guy.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they do an Iron Man wave, here's what I want. Iron Man (90s Modular Armor) Crimson Dynamo (Valentin Shatalov) Ultron (Classic) - Confirmed Blizzard (90s Cartoon series) Tit

Called it.  

Hoping for a classic Ghost and Backlash.

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Iit made these sets way better than they would be otherwise. 

In your opinion I'm sure it did. I just don't see the need for a different head for every mood or hair-do. I don't want a screaming Jean or a Jean with wind-swept hair, I want to be the one to decide she's screaming, or it's windy. It's called imagination, Hasbro just has to make the figures, I'll decide what they're doing and how they feel about it.

2 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I would rather get additional Jeans angry head with well sculpted hair instead of Wolverines boring alt head with goatee.  

I'm actually stoked for the bearded Wolverine head. It lets the figure pull double duty between ninth-life horseman Wolverine and Dawn of X Wolverine.

14 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Happily Hasbro corrected this nonsense with their recently released figure. Why and how they got Karima wrong, was likely not a mistake  but a marketing choice. If the team addresses it at all, its gonna be a lot of wide eyes and open mouths and "wow, sorry fam, we have no idea how this happened", and face palms and promises of having better quality oversight in the future. 

This is sadly likely.

39 minutes ago, Benn said:

This is sadly likely.

I've thought about it, and I can't figure out how that would be a marketing choice, or as my wife (a pretty big fan of Karima's) speculated, a suggestion from higher up...Or more precisely why anyone would make that decision. It's not like there aren't other brown-skinned characters in Marvel Legends.  There are quite a few, actually. in 2020, whitewashing a character on purpose seems somewhat tantamount to self-immolation from a PR standpoint. I think they only reason there hasn't been an even bigger thing about this online is that a lot of people are just unfamiliar with the character.

All I know is that if you're gonna sculpt a "screaming" head sculpt for a figure, you have to include a neutral or mean looking closed mouth version as well. JL Sabretooth, JL Beast, Thunderstrike & now classic Thanos are stuck with eternally opened mouths screaming for Hasbro to make alternate closed mouth head sculpts for them before they get a permanent case of lockjaw.

29 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

All I know is that if you're gonna sculpt a "screaming" head sculpt for a figure, you have to include a neutral or mean looking closed mouth version as well. JL Sabretooth, JL Beast, Thunderstrike & now classic Thanos are stuck with eternally opened mouths screaming for Hasbro to make alternate closed mouth head sculpts for them before they get a permanent case of lockjaw.

That's what should have been there in place of the head sculpt that doesn't even go with this body.

I'm most excited about Omega Sentinel. That's a character that I've always wanted but never even allowed myself to get my hopes up that it would ever happen. I like that they actually included two gun hands and the bionic arms give me some hope that we will someday see a Yo-Yo figure. I'm not all that concerned about the skin tone. While it does look a bit light, it also is pretty apparent that the complexion is a bit darker than what is considered the standard Caucasian character. Also, the complaints of the certain lack of curves argument I've heard from some is valid but I think it's mostly due to perspective of art styles. I think she's most recognizable through Bachalo's run through X-Men, and we all know how notorious he is for those ultra slim waists and abnormally large chesticles. It's not a bad thing, it's his style. He's a little bit old school and still unapologetically enjoys the female form. Since then though most other artists have portrayed her much more slender and less curvaceous. I don't think either way is wrong. The character hasn't been around that long and I don't think it's ever been established that she is supposed to have a particular body style. Now, if and when they do a Monet figure I hope they understand that she is on the curvy side as well as a darker skin tone. I gotta believe she's in the works somewhere.

Comparing pics, the skin tone on Karima looks lighter than (or as light as) that on the Moira McTaggart figure.
5lU97eC.png

The hair should also be black (or VERY dark brown) on the pigtails head.
TfSCO2h.png

The skin and hair colors on figure pictured on the left are far too light compared to the images on the right.
ZJuqa45.jpg

If that doesn't bother you, @monron999, that's totally cool. It bothers some of us, though.

• 3 weeks later...