How many Hand Ninja's are you wanting?

Dabboi

I'm for sure getting 1, but I want at least 2.

Do you foresee this type of practice being done more in the future (i.e. army builders being included in waves for optional parts)? What other characters could it work for?

Is Ninja already plural?

'Ninja' and 'ninjas' are both acceptable ways to pluralize the word.

I'm on the fence. It would be cool to have a few of these to fight Wolverine, but they're not as relevant to my collection as they might be others', and the trouble is I feel like I should have a lot of them if I'm gonna grab any. It's pretty rare that you see just one or two ninjas. They're always drowning the panel, trying to overcome whomever with sheer numbers.

I'm getting five.  That's where I'm trying to draw the line on army builders.  I've decided ahead of time on most possible army builder characters how many I'm going to want.  Some will be three, some will be five.  In a few rare instances I've allowed for ten.

In the "three copies" group I've got characters like Multiple Man, The Hellfire Guards, Mandroid Weapons, and Dreadnought Robots.  I've also planned for only three generic Skrulls with the understanding that you've got similar but unique figures to swell the ranks, e.g., Paibok, Super-Skrull, and Lyja.

In the "five copies" group I've got guys like Hand Ninja, Hydra Operatives, A.I.M. Terrorists, etc.  Folks that, as @Benn says, tend to fill the panel and just be cannon fodder.

If they do a Moloid (and please do a Moloid), I'll probably go for ten depending on how big they are.

Yeah, speaking of Moloid's that is exactly what we need. A ML version of the Mole Man and his Moleoids. I would certainly like to get at least two or three and like MonsterChris said, depending on the size. As for the Ninja's I would need at least two.

I pre-ordered two Hand ninjas with the wave because HasbroPulse limited it to two per order. I would like to get at least one more so I can have a few surrounding Elektra and/or Daredevil. I'm not sure I'll need more than three leg extensions for Stiltman, so I might stop there until the figure gets re-released as an army builder on Pulse.

As for Moloids, and yes, I too, would love Mole Man and some Moloids. He's one of my Top 5 most wanted villains now. I had an idea I posted a couple months ago that Moloids could be packaged in a Fantastic Four wave instead of a Build-a-Figure piece; as long as the wave included a generic army-builder like a Skrull or Kree soldier or Doombot(!) then you could still get countless Moloids without doubling up on individual characters from the wave. Just one possible suggestion. The other obvious route is to package them two or three per box like Hasbro did with Jawas once upon a time in their Star Wars line.

I can't actually remember how many I pre-ordered, I did it through BBTS so I could score a few more, I want to say I have four pre-ordered, wouldn't mind at least six, but if that never happens I'll be good with four.  

Doombots, Ultron drones, Skrull soldiers, and probably a lot more that I'm forgetting.  I'd like pretty much any type of grunt that's ever been in a comic, there's always someone that wants to army build them.  I'd probably be a bit more selective though beyond the Hand Ninjas, maybe 1-2 of each.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just want 1, and I bet that's going to be hard enough to get at this point, this figure is the most sought after of this wave, doesn't help that every body wants like 6 of them, so a guy like me who just wants 1.. hahah , it's already selling at CMDstore for 47 bucks..and pre-sold out like everywhere else, no thanks, Hand Ninja is not worth that, lets be honest he's not that amazing looking.. the Classified Red Ninja is superior.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally found this wave at the 3rd Tarjay I hit last Saturday. I asked the sales girl in the action fig section if she could check & see if the ML Stiltman wave had arrived & she went to the stockroom to check & after about 5-8 min, came back with all 6 figs from the wave! I asked her if there were any extra figs in the back but she said this was the only set in the back. I bought the entire wave due to wanting Stiltman, otherwise, I would have just purchased Frogman & HAND Ninja separately. Put the Spiderverse figs up on ebay. I dremeled the HAND Ninjas head down some & now it sits more flush with  the neck area, no more Giraffe look. I have to go hunting for more Ninjas this weekend, need at least 4 more at minimum, will probably go for 10 total eventually. I took some pics of him vs some of his more familiar & constant foes. The Shang Chi hands fit him perfectly & make taking action pics of him way better. 

OXMfeXC.jpg

0IgFqXg.jpg

eTNGJlO.jpg

QQ71JvV.jpg

yBjJCiX.jpg

GjjK3Kr.jpg

BCzIn1l.jpg

zehs6OO.jpg

6 hours ago, Inspection12e said:

I haven't found one yet you hoarders. 

Hahaha, yeah me too man, and I have a strong feeling I won't for probably a long time, this figure is being crazy hoarded out the gate which I think isn't fair, I say it all the time, leave some for the rest of us, and then a month or so down the line buy 5 more once some of us get these figures, in the words of Toygalaxy Dan.. leave one for the next collector.

30 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hahaha, yeah me too man, and I have a strong feeling I won't for probably a long time, this figure is being crazy hoarded out the gate which I think isn't fair, I say it all the time, leave some for the rest of us, and then a month or so down the line buy 5 more once some of us get these figures, in the words of Toygalaxy Dan.. leave one for the next collector.

the weird part is you would expect to see lots of pics on IGs of supertall Stilt-Men but i really haven't yet. I'd say i've seen a fair amount of pics with a bunch of hand ninjas though.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

the weird part is you would expect to see lots of pics on IGs of supertall Stilt-Men but i really haven't yet. I'd say i've seen a fair amount of pics with a bunch of hand ninjas though.

Oh I've seen it

apparently this is the work of a man with 8 hand ninjas

you just wait, by next week the competition will be going strong.

and everyone not finding a single hand ninja on a peg or online will be going strong as well.

supertallstiltman1.jpg