Walgreens Cosmic wants

tarot

While Quasar seems to be the runaway favorite on this topic I must agree and disagree. He has been on my major wants list for quite some time now, but I honestly think he deserves a mass retail release and not be subjected to the HTF world of Walgreens exclusivity.

I think comic Yondu is a great idea and additionally comic Nebula or Armored Gamora. I'm all in for any of Galactus' heralds. What I don't wanna see is some of the Bigs like Ronan or Champion of the Universe, becaust those are traditionally very large characters that, if done properly, should be far too be done as a single release. Now if they wanna do those guys as a Fan Channel exclusive or some kind of Deluxe set then here's my money.

Another suggestion, what about a comic Star Lord or Mantis.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

While Quasar seems to be the runaway favorite on this topic I must agree and disagree. He has been on my major wants list for quite some time now, but I honestly think he deserves a mass retail release and not be subjected to the HTF world of Walgreens exclusivity.

I just thought 2022 will be the thirtieth anniversary of the "Operation: Galactic Storm" crossover. Even without branding it as such, Hasbro could crank out a wave with Quasar, white Vision, comic Sersi (The Eternals will have come out so she might be popular), bearded Thor, and any number of other Avengers or members of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard so that Gladiator isn't the only one.

Storm.thumb.jpg.e19aafec11004aa90e177a21280ddd34.jpg

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Another suggestion, what about a comic Star Lord or Mantis.

The Star-Lord I want is the original '70s magazine version, but I'm sure most fans will want either the version from Abnett and Lanning's Guardians of the Galaxy or a modern one, at least something from the 21st century.

StarLord2.jpg

StarLord1.jpg

22 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

The only reason I would not want a Firelord Walgreen's exclusive is if there's a chance we'll get a HasLab Galactus with some of his heralds as bonus tiers.

And the more I think about it, the more I think comic Yondu is a pretty safe bet given there was a Marvel Universe 3.75" figure.

Yeah, I used to think that if they did the Marvel Universe figure, then the Legends figure wouldn't be far behind. That's what happened with Vance Astro, and if memory serves Hyperion, Capt America Falcon, *Black Bolt & Medusa. But they did Ms. Marvel, Triton, Karnak, and Yondu in 3.75" size and we still have yet to see 6" versions. Not to mention Ultron....he got a 3.75" figure but it took 20 yrs to get a comic accurate 6" Legends!

So I'm lost, cant see a definitive pattern and guess just have to wait and see. I despise exclusives but if we get Firelord and company thru Walgreens I'm happy to get them. A lot of people are upset that Ultron looks like he's coming in an Iron Man wave instead of Avengers, and I definitely see where that would make more "sense", but frankly I'd take Ultron regardless of what "wave" he would be in.

*I still hope for an Inhumans box set with Lockjaw or a wave with Lockjaw as the BAF

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I just thought 2022 will be the thirtieth anniversary of the "Operation: Galactic Storm" crossover. Even without branding it as such, Hasbro could crank out a wave with Quasar, white Vision, comic Sersi (The Eternals will have come out so she might be popular), bearded Thor, and any number of other Avengers or members of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard so that Gladiator isn't the only one.

Storm.thumb.jpg.e19aafec11004aa90e177a21280ddd34.jpg

The Star-Lord I want is the original '70s magazine version, but I'm sure most fans will want either the version from Abnett and Lanning's Guardians of the Galaxy or a modern one, at least something from the 21st century.

StarLord2.jpg

StarLord1.jpg

Given they are celebrating Infinity Gaunlet's anniversary next year and the cosmic walgreens figures, I could see some additional cosmic characters sneaking into the waves throughout the year

38 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Not that these are big wants of mine but haven’t seen these mentioned:

Frankie Ray Nova

Smasher (Izzy Kane)

Captain Universe (Tamara Devoux)

I’d feel Nova would be in a F4 wave, Smasher in either a X-Men or Avengers wave and Captain Universe in an Avengers wave 

12 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

I don't want all of these to be exclusives. It's more that any would do for me!

Guys...

Top10Men.thumb.jpg.96e1e58afdc6dcafcbbda7682ad21a2e.jpg

Gals...

TopWomen.thumb.jpg.6c40a38a94568ff526669afc679af3d4.jpg

ROM wouldn't happen since he's not longer a Marvel Character, though there would be nothing to Hasbro from creating a 6 inch ROM toy

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

ROM wouldn't happen since he's not longer a Marvel Character, though there would be nothing to Hasbro from creating a 6 inch ROM toy

I was thinking this same thing yesterday. Hasbro could release a six inch ROM figure with the same approximate articulation that would let it blend in with Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black, Power Rangers Lightning, or whatever other line they want to crossover. But it couldn't be a proper Marvel Legends for licensing/contractual reasons.

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

Oh? That bit of news passed me by, lol. Thanks for the update! And yes, I agree, it would be a clever and savvy move for Hasbro to make a special little sub-line of a classic ROM and some Space-Knights that were compatible with Legends. Which leads me to my other Cosmic ML wants: Alien Army-Builders!

1738155681_MarvelAliens.thumb.jpg.103e1e17e3411b01c07895ab89eef6b2.jpg

And my dream pack: The Kree! Ideally a 4pack; Private, Captain, Colonel and General, with bonus heads to reflect the varying side characters that have turned up over the years (Atlas, Bel-Dann, Yon Rogg, Mar-Vell etc.)

RCO019.thumb.jpg.c2cca88b705ff69e91973b8b5e42d826.jpg

1 hour ago, Air-Walker said:

Which leads me to my other Cosmic ML wants: Alien Army-Builders!

1738155681_MarvelAliens.thumb.jpg.103e1e17e3411b01c07895ab89eef6b2.jpg

And my dream pack: The Kree! Ideally a 4pack; Private, Captain, Colonel and General, with bonus heads to reflect the varying side characters that have turned up over the years (Atlas, Bel-Dann, Yon Rogg, Mar-Vell etc.)

RCO019.thumb.jpg.c2cca88b705ff69e91973b8b5e42d826.jpg

I love all of this.

13 hours ago, leokearon said:

Yeah that’s right, didn’t Hasbro create a BEST OF box set for SDCC or something a few years back?  Had 3.75 version of ROM... can’t... recall.... who else but there was definitely a MARVEL UNIVERSE size ROM, I made sure to grab that

Also, doesn’t Marvel still use the Space Knights that were part of the ROM comic lore? Seems like they changed the names and pretty much omitted ROM but we knew who they were,.. I seem to recall they were in the Avengers comic, right before the AGE OF ULTRON storyline.. 

not that it has any bearing on whether they make a ROM toy, just pointing out there are ways around not being able to use a licensed character just as mentioned above by Hasbro putting out a ROM that could be Legends ish 

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Also, doesn’t Marvel still use the Space Knights that were part of the ROM comic lore? Seems like they changed the names and pretty much omitted ROM but we knew who they were,.. I seem to recall they were in the Avengers comic, right before the AGE OF ULTRON storyline.. 

Yeah, the Space Knights, the Dire Wraiths, all the backstory in the comic was created by Bill Mantlo for the Marvel Comics. ROM was a toy without a line or even any real context, so Marvel created and owns everything about it except for the signature character. 

7 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Yeah, the Space Knights, the Dire Wraiths, all the backstory in the comic was created by Bill Mantlo for the Marvel Comics. ROM was a toy without a line or even any real context, so Marvel created and owns everything about it except for the signature character. 

Yeah, the Spaceknights even appeared recently in Swords of X or whatever it was called