Morbius - Japanese International Teaser Trailer With Intro By Jared Leto

Outsiders

Sony today released the new trailer for the upcoming Morbius movie. In the trailer we see Michael Keaton who I assume is reprising his role of Vulture from the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies. We also in one clips see Morbius walk by a poster that looks to have the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man on it with the word "murderer" painted over it. Finally there are several references to Venom in the trailer as well. Check it out below and look for the movie to open in theaters this January.

00-Morbius.jpg

On 11/2/2021 at 12:26 PM, Hogun said:

Maybe it's Tom Holland's Spider-Man. I believe this movie takes place in a universe adjacent to the MCU. The Maguire suit Spidey might be considered fan art in this universe.

Have not idea what the significance of that image is, but that is Maquire's suit not Holland. 

On 11/2/2021 at 12:37 PM, JayC said:

Have not idea what the significance of that image is, but that is Maquire's suit not Holland. 

Yeah but if you look at the picture, it has Murdererer spray painted over it, seems like that has to do with the upcoming movie and Spider-Man being blamed for Quentin Beck's Murder, so that's interesting it appears to be Toby's suit, hmmmm

anyways movie seems cool, although I'm feeling a bit lost in the trailer, is Morbius just both the protagonist and antagonist at the same time?

On 11/2/2021 at 12:37 PM, JayC said:

Note that I wrote "could be considered fan art in this universe". I am aware that it is the Maguire, but I am just saying it might be fan art within the universe of Morbius/maybe the MCU.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:08 PM, Hogun said:

Note that I wrote "could be considered fan art in this universe". I am aware that it is the Maguire, but I am just saying it might be fan art within the universe of Morbius/maybe the MCU.

It be a bit of Spidey merchandise based on concept art...

A thought on the Spider-Man image, is this could be taking place in the Sam Raimi universe as Spider-Man I believe was blamed for the murder of Norman Osborn.

Also spotted a Black Cat and Rhino reference on the top of the Daily Bugle newspaper.

I like these trailers that make your brain wonder what may be going on, and not give away the entire movie. 

On 11/2/2021 at 8:10 AM, JayC said:

Sony today released the new trailer for the upcoming Morbius movie. In the trailer we see Michael Keaton who I assume is reprising his role of Vulture from the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies. We also in one clips see Morbius walk by a poster that looks to have the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man on it with the word "murderer" painted over it. 

Batman loaned him that cauldron of bats lol

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2021 at 9:24 AM, JohnF said:

That's true, but now that it looks like they're all MCU one way or another because of the Multiverse, I am wondering if that will be changing their ways.  

They are part of the Marvel Multiverse but not part of the MCU, there is a difference.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:07 PM, leokearon said:

They are part of the Marvel Multiverse but not part of the MCU, there is a difference.

We saw Vulture in one of the trailers, though and also what happened with Venom, it makes me think there is some immediate connection to the MCU. How that will actually happen I can't say with certainty (could be something similar with Venom), but we'll see. As it is, Morbius is set in another universe, but there definitely are plans for him to meet Spiderman though, at least in my opinion. But it could be some other Spiderman universe, not the MCU, so there are definitely equal chances we'll never see him there. 

• 1 month later...