Jump to content

Alfred Molina Who Played Doc Ock In The Original Spider-Man Movies Returns For Spider-Man 3


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Spiderman 2 with Alfred Molina was the best out of all the Spiderman movies in my opinion. If he's the lucky charm that makes a Spiderman movie great then I'm all in for him to return!

Yeah I love Spiderman 2, personally the only really good movie in the trilogy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I loved Molina in Spider-man 2, I'm still not liking them attempting to turn No Way Home into "Into the Live Action Spider-Verse". Far From Home has left enough for a good storyline without needing to throw in everyone from the previous Sony movies in

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leokearon said:

As much as I loved Molina in Spider-man 2, I'm still not liking them attempting to turn No Way Home into "Into the Live Action Spider-Verse". Far From Home has left enough for a good storyline without needing to throw in everyone from the previous Sony movies in

Yeah, I totally agree with you here, I don't like it either. I really liked the direction they seemed to be taking by the end of Far from Home, so I'm hoping it won't be just a live action version of into the spider-verse, I feel like that could wait

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JohnF said:

Yeah, I totally agree with you here, I don't like it either. I really liked the direction they seemed to be taking by the end of Far from Home, so I'm hoping it won't be just a live action version of into the spider-verse, I feel like that could wait

I agree with you guys...The JJJ reveal in the end of Far from home was awesome already...I prefer Daredevil as the only addition to the new movie....I guess Sony really want's to take advantage of the success of the animated 'into the spiderverse' 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is no big surprise. Typical Disney collusion. Much like other MCU projects, insider leaks will report that certain actors or personalities have been tapped to play roles in a movie or show and both the actors and Disney will deny or deflect until the cows come home. Recent reports are supposedly confirming other rumors about Toby McGuire and Willem DeFoe and Jamie Fox, which does lead to the entire multiverse/merging of worlds theory many online personalities are pushing. I personally think it's looking like a total cluster fook, but if we know anything about Feige, he somehow makes it work. And he's got his work cut out for him with this one.

I'm thinking the story is going to be set up as somehow between opening up the Quantum Zone and Scarlet Witches ability to twist reality, the multiple universes are gonna cross over and much like the Marvel Comics event from many years ago, certain characters will cross with their counterparts and only one will be allowed to survive. I expect that many of the older versions of characters will make the ultimate sacrifice. Maybe this is even the way bring Osborne into the MCU as there's never been seen in the MCU before. I think they've hinted at Oscorp, but for all we know, the MCU Osborne might be dead. The could also use it to bring Doc Ock and Electro to the MCU to help round out the Sinisters Six without having to actually dedicate a film to "remake" those characters.

Theoretically this could also be done to introduce some X-Men, more specifically Wolverine, into the MCU. Hugh Jackman can reprise the role as Old Man Logan and come across the breach and somehow coax the MCU Logan out who has been in hiding as Patch in the newly introduced city of Madripoor. Not acting as a hero and having no real reason to involve himself in the goings on of the Infinity Saga he just kinda lived (or reappeared) through the Blip. Old Man Logan will confront him or expose him and voila, Wolverine in the MCU. Of course, Jackman's Wolvie would either die or merge with this one, but whatever. Just make it a good story and don't skimp out on the details and the real fans will all come along for the ride.

I always thought Time Travel and Multiverse plots were just BS ways of drumming up interest when all the good ideas are gone, but in this case I think it's a decent way to merge the three major Marvel based movie universes together.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate hate hate HATE this. I can't begin to describe how much I hate this. This is SO unnecessary and SUCH a disservice to all the work the MCU has done to setting up its tone and logic. I would expect all this from a Dr. Strange movie because his whole thing is jumping around other realities, but dragging Spiderman into this is just so awkward and cheap. If they REALLY had to introduce the stupid Multiverse, they could at least cast other Peter Parkers we hadn't seen before to really add to the mystery of it, but instead they're dragging in previous actors for NO other reason than to have two seconds of recognition and excitement from the audience before the story nosedives into campy fantastical BS. 

I'd hoped that the way they handled Evan Peters in WandaVision (much to many people's disappointment but to my delight) would indicate how they'd actually handle something like this, but I'm afraid all these stupid fan posters I'm seeing with Maguire, Garfield, and Molina popping through Sling Ring portals is actually going to influence the creators into thinking this is worth doing. It's going to put a permanent stain on the way they've told their stories so far in the MCU and again, I hate it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brenttoo said:

I hate hate hate HATE this. I can't begin to describe how much I hate this. This is SO unnecessary and SUCH a disservice to all the work the MCU has done to setting up its tone and logic. I would expect all this from a Dr. Strange movie because his whole thing is jumping around other realities, but dragging Spiderman into this is just so awkward and cheap. If they REALLY had to introduce the stupid Multiverse, they could at least cast other Peter Parkers we hadn't seen before to really add to the mystery of it, but instead they're dragging in previous actors for NO other reason than to have two seconds of recognition and excitement from the audience before the story nosedives into campy fantastical BS. 

I'd hoped that the way they handled Evan Peters in WandaVision (much to many people's disappointment but to my delight) would indicate how they'd actually handle something like this, but I'm afraid all these stupid fan posters I'm seeing with Maguire, Garfield, and Molina popping through Sling Ring portals is actually going to influence the creators into thinking this is worth doing. It's going to put a permanent stain on the way they've told their stories so far in the MCU and again, I hate it. 

I tend to agree, feels like sony execs were like "hey, animated spider-verse worked so let's do it with the live-action version!" when nobody was really asking to see the tom holland version interact with the garfield or maguire spideys.  I'll wait and see and try and be cautiously optimistic but imo all it will do is dredge up any negative feelings people have towards either of the prior versions and tinge the new spidey by association.  for the record, i liked the maguire movies for the most part but the garfield movies were a big disappointment to me (especially the 2nd one).  Hopefully the appearances by other heroes and villains will mostly be cameos, otherwise they better have one helluva script to make this work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

..."I tend to agree, feels like sony execs were like "hey, animated spider-verse worked so let's do it with the live-action version!" ....Hopefully the appearances by other heroes and villains will mostly be cameos, otherwise they better have one helluva script to make this work..."

I doubt that the studio has the writing skill to cohesively bring all these actors into a decent story. Their main drive is profit, and they think fans will just wet themselves and line up in droves to see this thing, and they probably will-in that first week.

But after the word gets out about how shoddy it is, and that these guys are only in there for cameo/walk on roles, theyre gonna be looking at a box office and critical flop. And with the mentality these days, I fear there will be fallout that's just going to hurt the overall Spider-Man universe.

Now, I say this Today. If they can pull it off, I'll be the first to give them a standing ovation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I doubt that the studio has the writing skill to cohesively bring all these actors into a decent story. Their main drive is profit, and they think fans will just wet themselves and line up in droves to see this thing, and they probably will-in that first week.

But after the word gets out about how shoddy it is, and that these guys are only in there for cameo/walk on roles, theyre gonna be looking at a box office and critical flop. And with the mentality these days, I fear there will be fallout that's just going to hurt the overall Spider-Man universe.

Now, I say this Today. If they can pull it off, I'll be the first to give them a standing ovation. 

A flop? A SPIDERMAN movie, by Disney in this day of age a flop? I just can't see that happening. I would be surprised if it doesn't reach where its predecessors have reached, I expect it to surpass them and then some (still in pandemic times so we just dont know how life would look by that time, saying this assuming the situation improves). Even if people think their are too many characters and subplots that this movie "won't be cohesive" or "the main spiderman (Tom Holland) won't get enough this" (just general complaints I have heard from people) the casual viewer doesn't care and will give their money to see this. Personally, the last two spiderman films have been pretty damn good. So, I expect this one to be great, I have faith in Marvel. Btw ur points would be understandable if this wasn't a notorious character like spiderman. Example Shang Chi and the Eternals, if people think those can turn out to be flops understandable but I think those will work out as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

the multiverse is a mixed bag for me. the thing i like most about the MCU is how it takes the best parts of the comic history and different universes and simplifies it  down to a degree and combines it into one over arching story and it avoid the retcons and messy history and that comes with being a comic book reader and fan.

 

but on the other hand its hard to have a shared universe of comic book films and series that doesnt address the multiverse sooner or later, i get that they need new visions and new ideas, but i guess i wonder how it will affect the universe going forward?  the last thing i would want to see is characters casually jumping from one universe to another like on the CW dc shows lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, michiganjfrog said:

the multiverse is a mixed bag for me. the thing i like most about the MCU is how it takes the best parts of the comic history and different universes and simplifies it  down to a degree and combines it into one over arching story and it avoid the retcons and messy history and that comes with being a comic book reader and fan.

 

but on the other hand its hard to have a shared universe of comic book films and series that doesnt address the multiverse sooner or later, i get that they need new visions and new ideas, but i guess i wonder how it will affect the universe going forward?  the last thing i would want to see is characters casually jumping from one universe to another like on the CW dc shows lol

What if will be addressing the multiverse of there isn't much of a need for the live action films to go into it apart from fan service.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved Alfred Molina's Octopus. I'm sure I will enjoy this as much as I enjoyed reading the spider-verse.
On a side note, I still have to see the animated Spider verse.
The main reason is the graphic style and the animation frame rate that turned me off when I saw the trailer.
Maybe one day I'll give it a chance ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE