Disney Announces 10 New Marvel Series Coming To Disney+ Over The Next Few Years

JayC

Disney right now is holding their 2020 Inventor Day event where they have announced that the Disney+ channel has reached 86 Million subscribers and that they have 10 new Marvel based shows coming to the streaming service over the next few years. We already know things kick off with WandaVision on Jan. 15, followed by shows such as Loki and Falcon & the Winter Soldier. We also know other shows in the works including What If (Animated), Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel and rumors of a series where Samuel L. Jackson will reprise his role as Nick Fury.

We will update you with any more Marvel news over the course of the 4 hour presentation. You can watch it yourself here.

Its confirmed that the Doctor Strange movie will connect with Spider-Man 3. Falcon And The Winter Soldier will be 6 episodes. New trailer was shown. Loki will air in May 2021.

Loki is going to be a crime drama. They showed a trailer which gave us a possible glimpse of Black Widow's fate.

What If trailer shown.

Production has just wrapped for Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. Meet the fantastic cast bringing the film to life. Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings is in theaters July 9th, 2021.

Ms. Marvel from the Disney+ series will be in Captain Marvel 2 as well as Monica Rambeau who will be played by Teyonah Paris. The movie will be directed by Candyman's Nia DaCosta.

She-Hulk will see Tim Routh return as Abomination as well as Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk. Tatiana Maslany will portray Jennifer Walters/She-Hulk. Directed Kat Coiro and Anu Valia, She-Hulk is coming to Disney+

Secret Invasion is coming to Disney+ with Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. Ben Mendelsohn from Captain Marvel returns as the Skrull Talos. Iron Heart is also coming to Disney+. Dominique Thorne is genius inventor Riri Williams in Ironheart, an Original Series about the creator of the most advanced suit of armor since Iron Man. These will tie into MCU feature films.

Don Cheadle will be featured in a Armor Wars series as War Machine. This retells the classic comic book story of the fear of Stark's armors falling into the wrong hands.

James Gunn is doing a Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday special which will air before GOTG 3 in 2023.

Christain Bale confirmed for next Thor movie. Academy Award-winning actor Christian Bale will join the cast of Thor: Love and Thunder as the villain Gorr the God Butcher. In theaters May 6, 2022.

Peyton Reed is back to direct the third Ant-Man film, Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, and Michelle Pfeiffer all return. Kathryn Newton joins the cast as Cassie Lang and Jonathan Majors as Kang the Conqueror

Boseman's Black Panther will not be recasted. Black Panther 2, opening July 8, 2022, is being written & directed by Ryan Coogler. Honoring Chadwick Boseman’s legacy & portrayal of T’Challa, Marvel Studios will not recast the character, but will explore the world of Wakanda & the rich characters introduced in the first film.

Blade, a new feature film starring Mahershala Ali in the title role.

Everyone’s favorite little tree, Baby Groot, will star in a series of shorts on Disney+ featuring several new and unusual characters. I Am Groot, an Original Series from Marvel Studios, is coming to Disney+.

John Watts will be directing a new Fantastic Four movie.

disney-plus-brand-840x340__scaled_600.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Loki.jpg

Marvel-01.jpg

11 1.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

MCU.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

13 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

That's gotta be a typo. I mean I know the Mandalorian is hot but is there really enough gas in the Star Wars tank for that many shows?

Actually, it looks like ten Marvel and ten Star Wars, among other things. Pretty ambitious, but they gotta do something to get more subscribers if no one's going to their theme parks.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 5.56.07 PM.png

16 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Actually, it looks like ten Marvel and ten Star Wars, among other things. Pretty ambitious, but they gotta do something to get more subscribers if no one's going to their theme parks.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 5.56.07 PM.png

Ambitious indeed. Then again I forgot all about their plans for C3P0's Cookoff Galaxy Show and Moff Tarkin's Pimp My Starship reality show.

All jokes aside, I wish them luck. Far as Marvel works go, I really hope the standard is quality over quantity. If they spew out a bunch of Marvel shows and they all tank, its gonna leave a bad taste in the mouth for the whole brand.

33 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

That's gotta be a typo. I mean I know the Mandalorian is hot but is there really enough gas in the Star Wars tank for that many shows?

Not really.  But after a couple disappointments at the box office and fans talking about oversaturating the franchise, one show became a huge success, so executives forgot all about that other stuff and decided to make ten more. What could go wrong?

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

LOL, it was a typo in that it should say Marvel, but in fact they did announce that 10 star wars series are coming in the next few years.

Still waiting for the Marvel portion of the presentation to begin.

They already announced an Alien live action TV series coming to FX and several new Star Wars series including  Rangers of the New Republic and Ashoka Tano series. They Will take place in the time of The Mandalorian.

Also Andor will be a spy thriller and Obi-Wan Kenobi will take place 10 years after Revenge of the Sith with Hayden Christensen reprising his role as Darth Vader.

The Bad Batch Animated series will take place after Revenge of the Sith and before A New Hope.

Lando Calrissian event series will be coming as well. It's called Lando.

Other stuff was announced including a Rogue Squadron movie being directed by Patty Jenkins from the Wonder Woman movies.

Its confirmed that the Doctor Strange movie will connect with Spider-Man 3. Falcon And The Winter Soldier will be 6 episodes. New trailer was shown. Loki will air in May 2021.

Loki is going to be a crime drama. They showed a trailer which gave us a possible glimpse of Black Widow's fate.

What If trailer shown.

Ms. Marvel from the TV series will be in Captain Marvel 2 as well as Monica Rambeau. She-Hulk will see Tim Routh return as Abomination as well as Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk.

Secret Invasion is coming to Disney+ with Samuel L. Jackson. Iron Heart is also coming to Disney+ These will tie into MCU feature films.

Don Cheadle will be featured in a Armor Wars series as War Machine.

James Gunn is doing a Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday special which will air before GOTG 3 in 2023.

Christain Bale confirmed for next Thor movie.

Boseman's Black Panther will not be recasted.

John Watts will be directing a new Fantastic Four movie.

All of this is very exciting. I'm happy we finally get confirmation on GOTG 3 and Ant-Man 3. I'm looking forward to the shows. The first three look incredible so far, and if the Mandalorian is any indication of Disney+ shows, they should be great. It is looking like they might mostly function as 1 season, almost movie-like shows, especially in the case of Wandavision. Loki looks very interesting, I cant wait to see where they go with it. It also is pretty cool that phase 4 seems to be a multiversal phase, ending with Doctor Strange. That perfectly sets up the arrival of X-Men and FF, I can't wait. Also very intriguing that Wandavision, Doctor Strange 2 and Spider-Man 3 all seem to be connected. I'm interested to see how that goes. All in all, it's going to be a very fun next 3 years, totally makes up for the lack of MCU stuff this year. 

1 hour ago, ransomz said:

The big surprise is no X-Men news. They didn’t mention Dr. Strange either, at least not in the recap. Coincidence?

Nothing new for Doctor Strange was really mentioned other than a confirmation that it will have a close tie-in with the Spider-Man 3 movie which we pretty much figured out for ourselves.

Wow, that was quite a large amount of info dropped almost outta know here. I guess War Machine is set to sub in for Iron Man in Armor Wars. I'm not totally against that. Gotta work with what you have. I hope we get to see Titanium Man and maybe Firepower. I'm a little intrigued by Iron Heart. If they do it right it was a decent concept, but after the whole ANAD fiasco in the comics it's easy to be skeptical about all the characters that came from that crop. Tim Roth as Abomination, another cool grab on the past. Hopefully the can actually make him look like Abomination this time.

There seems to be some bold gambles in this line up, but hey, I've been waiting for Marvel to start doing a massive character dump similar to DC, so here it is. I just hope they do a better job of keeping them all wrapped up in the MCU storyline. I'm sure they'll do a better job. I got Disney+ precisely in anticipation of something like this. I just hope stories take precedence over anything else.

Major news drop man, especially with all the Star Wars series too! I'm not sure if I'll check out every series, but we'll see. I'd only note that Kang seems an odd choice of villain for an Ant-Man film, given how many epic tussles Big K has had with the Avengers. No biggie though! Looking forward to all this entertainment!