Disney Announces 10 New Marvel Series Coming To Disney+ Over The Next Few Years

JayC

Ima be that guy. Nobody cares about Riri, shocked they're still going ahead with her after  the stink she and other lame a$$ characters created when replacing legacy characters. Armor Wars just feels out of place. GOTG and Iam Groot can suck it. The rest are grand. Jon Watts doing F4 is a superb choice. 

No Dr Strange 2?

No Eternals?

That does not leave me with much confidence not having a trailer for Eternals and Shang -chi. 

Covid ain't going nowhere, in fact in the USA it's at pandemic insanity levels, ergo there is no point in holding back the trailers. Just let loose. 

14 minutes ago, Lordtom said:

Ima be that guy. Nobody cares about Riri, shocked they're still going ahead with her after  the stink she and other lame a$$ characters created when replacing legacy characters.

Riri started off on the wrong foot, but as soon as Brian Michael Bendis stopped writing her, Jim Zub and Eve Ewing elevated her into something good. She even managed to carry an ongoing for 12 issues, which is a pretty high number for today's standards.

It's all in the execution. Just like how Miles Morales in the comics is a pretty bland character, but Into the Spider-Verse greatly improved him.

14 minutes ago, Lordtom said:

Ima be that guy. Nobody cares about Riri, shocked they're still going ahead with her after  the stink she and other lame a$$ characters created when replacing legacy characters. Armor Wars just feels out of place. GOTG and Iam Groot can suck it. The rest are grand. Jon Watts doing F4 is a superb choice. 

No Dr Strange 2?

No Eternals?

That does not leave me with much confidence not having a trailer for Eternals and Shang -chi. 

Covid ain't going nowhere, in fact in the USA it's at pandemic insanity levels, ergo there is no point in holding back the trailers. Just let loose. 

Yes Dorctor Strange was mentioned, but nothing much that hadn't been previously reported. Nothing new on Eternals front either.

3 hours ago, Lordtom said:

No Dr Strange 2?

No Eternals?

Eternals won’t get a trailer for a while, considering it won’t be out for almost a year. We’ve already gotten plenty of promotional stuff for Black Widow, which is the next movie to come out. Shang-Chi I’d imagine we’ll get in a few months, since it’s out in the summer. I think them releasing the trailers for TFATWS, Loki and Wandavision is perfectly on schedule.

10 hours ago, JayC said:

Ms. Marvel from the TV series will be in Captain Marvel 2 as well as Monica Rambeau. She-Hulk will see Tim Routh return as Abomination as well as Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk.

Secret Invasion is coming to Disney+ with Samuel L. Jackson. Iron Heart is also coming to Disney+ These will tie into MCU feature films.

Don Cheadle will be featured in a Armor Wars series as War Machine.

James Gunn is doing a Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday special which will air before GOTG 3 in 2023.

Christain Bale confirmed for next Thor movie.

Boseman's Black Panther will not be recasted.

John Watts will be directing a new Fantastic Four movie.

Thanks for the live update JayC, I was surprised that they have this event on today...happy with the trailers and look forward to the new year of Marvel....way overdue, but glad it is coming

The line up is pretty big!
I can't wait to watch Wanda Vision, Loki, Falcon and Winter Soldier.

I am not against women but allow me to observe :
- What if Captain America, woman
- Thor Love and thunder, woman
- Iron Heart, woman
- She-hulk, woman again.
- Hawkeye will have woman too

So they are "replacing" every legacy character with (or putting in front) women?
And I don't even count Captain and Miss Marvel.

Isn't that too much forced?

Don't get me wrong cause I love She-Hulk and I liked Kate Bishop from the young Avengers in the comics.
I'm even interested in watching "What if..." and getting a Peggy Cap figure.
And I admit I almost stopped reading the comics after Axys and Spiderverse.
Maybe that's why I don't know and I'm not currently interested in Jane Thor and Iron Heart.

Other than that, I wonder what they will do with Black Panther if they don't recast Tchallah.
They did recast Bruce Banner and James Rhodes so that would not be a first.

The Shuri actress if more like a sort of Q like in James bond than an athlete/ninja/super hero type.
I wish the Damage Control VR stuff was made into a show.
The idea of Shuri combining wakandan and stark technology is more interesting than Riri Williams.

At this point, I would rather have Killmonger being still alive, trying to redeem himself and taking the mantle of the Black Panther.
THAT would be amazing! Michael B Jordan shoud appear again in the MCU.

15 minutes ago, JayC said:

Forgot to post this one last night.

Ms. Marvel, a newer character to Marvel comics has grabbed the world's imagination and we are excited to announce Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan. Ms. Marvel, an Original Series from Marvel Studios, is coming late 2021 to Disney+

Hopefully this will be fun

Last night during the Disney Investor Day event it was announced that three of the Marvel Studios movies will be getting release date changes in 2022. Thor: Love and Thunder is moving to a May 6, 2022 release while Black Panther 2 movies to a July 8, 2022 release. Finally Captain Marvel 2 will go to Nov. 11, 2022.

MCU-Thor-BP-Captain-Marvel.jpg

Now this is what I call some good news, most excited about Fantastic Four and the What If animated. Falcon and Winter Soldier looks promising but still on the fence about Wandavision. The Loki clips were very interesting to say the least. Overall 2021 shows a lot of promise at least in the entertainment aspect.

7 hours ago, Innershade said:

Maybe that's why I don't know and I'm not currently interested in Jane Thor and Iron Heart.

When I heard that Thor was being replaced by a "female version" in the comics, I rolled my eyes and figured it was just another sales gimmick. But I gave it a shot because I was really digging Jason Aaron's run on the books, and Jane Foster's saga as Thor was AWESOME! It was epic, it was emotional, it was dangerous... it was "worthy"... and it was only temporary, for all the classic fans who want the Odinson back in the role; they got it. But if the movie can capture even a fraction of how good the Jane Foster as Thor comics were for that time, there's no reason it shouldn't be the best Thor movie so far.

Wasn't expecting X-men any announcement and I'm glad they finally announced F4 (any X-men news would've stolen their thunder). Let the X-men sit out these next few years.

Not sure I like the choice of Jon Watts as director though. Although I loved Homecoming, I thought Far From Home was one of the weaker movies of the MCU.

20 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

When I heard that Thor was being replaced by a "female version" in the comics, I rolled my eyes and figured it was just another sales gimmick. But I gave it a shot because I was really digging Jason Aaron's run on the books, and Jane Foster's saga as Thor was AWESOME! It was epic, it was emotional, it was dangerous... it was "worthy"... and it was only temporary, for all the classic fans who want the Odinson back in the role; they got it. But if the movie can capture even a fraction of how good the Jane Foster as Thor comics were for that time, there's no reason it shouldn't be the best Thor movie so far.

Personally I hate Jane's Thor run, especially it's treatment of Jane's cancer and the ending. Still the MCU have done right by other dodgy stories like Civil War, so hopefully they will be able to make this not as offensive