Loki - Exclusive First-Look Trailer

Outsiders

Marvel has released a first-look trailer for the eagerly anticipated standalone series "Loki," featuring Tom Hiddleston reprising the role.

The six-episode limited series follows Loki after the events of Endgame as he finds himself imprisoned and interrogated by mysterious jailers.

Loki stars Tom Hiddleston, Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sasha Lane, Sophia Di Martino

LoKi is set to premiere on Disney Plus sometime in May 2021.

16 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Marvel has released a first-look trailer for the eagerly anticipated standalone series "Loki," featuring Tom Hiddleston reprising the role.

The six-episode limited series follows Loki after the events of Endgame as he finds himself imprisoned and interrogated by mysterious jailers.

Loki stars Tom Hiddleston, Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sasha Lane, Sophia Di Martino

LoKi is set to premiere on Disney Plus sometime in May 2021.

This trailer is litterally in the other thread and one the front page. No need for a second one.

• 2 months later...

According to the D23 Website the Loki series will premiere on Disney+ on Friday, June 11.

Tom Hiddleston returns as the title character, the God of Mischief, as he steps out of his brother’s shadow in a new series that takes place after the events of Avengers: Endgame. Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku, and Richard E. Grant round out the cast. Kate Herron directs Loki, and Michael Waldron is its head writer.

• 1 month later...

We've seen Loki do many things throughout his MCU run. Now he's something like a superdimensional cop and I'm sold. Actually it's always important to make your characters try out new things and stuff, in order to avoid repetition, but whatever involves Loki it somehow always interests me so yeah, even if it was something similar to what he's done before I wouldn't care..😂

Looks to me like some sort of Quantum Leap type show where he goes in and out of the time stream to try to fix the timeline. How is that supposed to be possible though. According to Endgame logic you can never re-write the past, just create a new timeline.

And why is he the Variant if there are literally infinite versions of him? Is one of him somehow the "main" him, and is one timeline in the MCU the "main" timeline? I think Marvel really opened up a can of worms with the whole time travel thing. I don't see any way they don't break the rules they've previously established.

Not that it won't be a good show, but I think they set themselves up to shoot themselves in the foot here.

The Time-Keepers thing is interesting.  Is there any chance Owen Wilson is maybe playing Eternity?  That would certainly be in keeping with Marvel casting quirky, affectatious actors in the Elders of the Universe roles.  Either way, I would hope they keep going with this.  I love everyone cast so far in those roles.  We need Chris Walken as The Stranger next!

I wonder if Kang will be teased or make his debut appearance in the show at all.

41 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

The Time-Keepers thing is interesting.  Is there any chance Owen Wilson is maybe playing Eternity?  That would certainly be in keeping with Marvel casting quirky, affectatious actors in the Elders of the Universe roles.  Either way, I would hope they keep going with this.  I love everyone cast so far in those roles.  We need Chris Walken as The Stranger next!

I wonder if Kang will be teased or make his debut appearance in the show at all.

Owen Wilson is not playing Eternity. He is an officer in the Time Bereau which is based on this - https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Time_Variance_Authority_(Null-Time_Zone)

• 5 weeks later...
Via a video from Loki himself Tom Hiddleston comes word that Marvel is moving the premier date of the Disney+ Loki series from Friday June 11 to Wednesday June 8. Each new episode will then premier on Wednesdays as opposed to Fridays.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, monron999 said:

Looks to me like some sort of Quantum Leap type show where he goes in and out of the time stream to try to fix the timeline. How is that supposed to be possible though. According to Endgame logic you can never re-write the past, just create a new timeline.

And why is he the Variant if there are literally infinite versions of him? Is one of him somehow the "main" him, and is one timeline in the MCU the "main" timeline? I think Marvel really opened up a can of worms with the whole time travel thing. I don't see any way they don't break the rules they've previously established.

Not that it won't be a good show, but I think they set themselves up to shoot themselves in the foot here.

I always assumed we'd be given a backstory explaining how Loki has damaged the time stream(s) outside of just what we've seen in the MCU, and his 'job' throughout the series will essentially be going back and restoring the events to eliminate the alternate timelines they created. Basically what Cap does at the end of Endgame.

In a weird way, I'm actually looking forward to this. I mean, I HATE what they did to the Thor franchise, and I NEVER liked Loki, but I didn't think I'd get into WandaVision . . . and that was awesome.

Plus, after only 6 episodes of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I've had enough identity politics, and ham-fisted pontificating for three life-times. Just give me some good-old fashioned superhero escapism.

On 5/5/2021 at 6:38 PM, Gigantor said:

So, some sorta "Quantum leap/umbrella academy' ripoff?  Time traveling Loki? No gracias.

TVA was established in comics about 3 years before Quantum Leap ever aired (and nearly 30 years before Umbrella Academy), and time travel/alternate timelines are a staple in Marvel and DC comics  (well before Umbrella Academy or Quantum Leap). Might not be for you, but hardly a rip off.

2 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

TVA was established in comics about 3 years before Quantum Leap ever aired (and nearly 30 years before Umbrella Academy), and time travel/alternate timelines are a staple in Marvel and DC comics  (well before Umbrella Academy or Quantum Leap). Might not be for you, but hardly a rip off.

Well, just because the TVA was established in the comics many years ago does not mean that the production of this show based on the TVA, which started production a few years after Umbrella Academy and many years after Quantum Leap, could not have ripped off elements from both those shows. One major differences in the TVA is that in the comics, changing something in the past does change the present, but the Infinity Saga blasted that out of the water in the MCU, so technically the comics version and the MCU version are completely different. I'm also of the opinion that the show looks to have strong elements of both shows (more so from QL), but I don't necessarily call it a bad thing. I mean there's only so many directions you can take a theoretical concept like time travel so they're all gonna resemble each other in one way or another.

I'm interested in how Marvel Studios plans to work around these new time travel rules they've set for themselves. My feelings are that they're gonna use the same cop out they used in End Game and make sure each show or the end of each assignment goes back to the exact moment it began, effectively changing the past without creating a new future. It still doesn't make sense by the rules they themselves created, but they made it work once so they can make it work again.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

(...) in the comics, changing something in the past does change the present, but the Infinity Saga blasted that out of the water in the MCU, so technically the comics version and the MCU version are completely different. (...) I'm interested in how Marvel Studios plans to work around these new time travel rules they've set for themselves.

But the time-travel rules they used for Endgame are pretty much the same as the rules in the comics. These rules have been broken from time to time, but a time-traveller being able to jump in time within their own timeline is an exception, not the norm. The comics have even had to come up with ways to explain the instances of time-travel within the same timeline.

qEL5AhhjTiHm9JpgR4HPAED-9f8GAs7d1AHPXUhf kukLp3ObJw06r-7bJuroodHGveRmJ9i1NjnZOYy5