Loki - Exclusive First-Look Trailer

Outsiders

It felt like something that could have come from Terry Gilliam in his prime as a writer/director. I'll go further: I don't just think this was the best first episode of any of the Disney+ Marvel shows so far, I think it's possible it may have even been the very best episode of any of the Disney+ Marvel shows so far.

7 minutes ago, SpiderS said:

Minor Spoilers but its funny that RED DEVIL from stained glass in church scene and trailers has nothing to do with Mephisto according to show people lol

It doesn't. It basically show the common people saw loki with his horned helmet and people thought it was the devil.

22 minutes ago, tarot said:

It doesn't. It basically show the common people saw loki with his horned helmet and people thought it was the devil.

It was so funny that I got the chance to experience people getting baited by that live.

I was simulwatching the episode with some friends and the instant the stained glass appeared they were like "Mephisto!!!" and I said "Guys... guys, pay attention to the horns, not the devil in its entirety. Who else has horns?" and then, surprise surprise, the villain is revealed to be a Loki.

I think Marvel loves toying with us about Mephisto ever since the first Doctor Strange movie. I think they intentionally put in these vague clues and just sit back and watch as all the Youtubers explode with joy and speculation. I think it's funny. It's never gonna happen, folks. Disney will put the Devil in their cartoons and align with evil corporations and pander to oppressive governments, but they'll never show an analog of "The Devil" in the MCU. At least not until they've run out of ideas and can make damn sure they make fook tons of money off it. It's just not time yet.

Edited by monron999

To give credit where it's do, Loki DOES lack the vitriolic racism that permeated Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I'm pretty sure the only people the producers of this one hate are Marvel fans.

Out side of that, I got nothing.

If you took a first grader who had never seen an MCU movie or read a Marvel comic, gave them a one paragraph Dick and Jane description of Loki, then had them write a Loki story for some creative writing exercise,* it would probably read a lot like this show plays.

* No doubt that's exactly how this show came about.

6 minutes ago, tarot said:

Well no new characters this week (unless you count that "twist" as a new character but I guessed that in the first episode). 

Also the ending of this series is predictable and will lead to What IF and Strange 2.

Yeah was calling that twist from the jump, still really cool.

I still think this so far is my fav show of the first 3, the vibe is excellent, I'm really starting to have a soft spot for Mobius..now I kinda want the figure 😆

42 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah was calling that twist from the jump, still really cool.

I still think this so far is my fav show of the first 3, the vibe is excellent, I'm really starting to have a soft spot for Mobius..now I kinda want the figure 😆

Random thoughts...Tom has really made Loki is own, I love his performance. But now and then I think of Loki and I see Adrian Brody instead. What the....

8 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Random thoughts...Tom has really made Loki is own, I love his performance. But now and then I think of Loki and I see Adrian Brody instead. What the....

spacer.png

maybe Adrian Brody is Loki.... could it be the greatest illusion Loki ever pulled was making us think he was Tom Hiddleston?

3 minutes ago, tarot said:

This weeks episode was more relax but many people are thinking that they are mixing both the Sylvia Lushton Enchantress with Loki. Given that she is also an asgardian she could also be a nod to Amora.

Anyway, we need Sylvia now

Sylvie_Lushton_(Earth-616)_from_Illuminati_Vol_1_5_001.jpg

We would then also need the rest of the Young Masters, updated Young Avengers and the cast of Avengers Academy as well.

On 6/13/2021 at 8:48 AM, mako said:

To give credit where it's do, Loki DOES lack the vitriolic racism that permeated Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Do you think you could cite just one example of vitriolic racism from the Falcon and the Winter Soldier, please? Somehow I missed it on my first watch, and I’m sure that you’re not referring to “black people lamenting how rarely they have been afforded dignity or equality by American society” when you say ‘racism’, since I’m not ready to believe anyone’s capable of such a mind-numbingly stupid and bad faith take.

On 6/24/2021 at 8:18 PM, Benn said:

Do you think you could cite just one example of vitriolic racism from the Falcon and the Winter Soldier, please? Somehow I missed it on my first watch, and I’m sure that you’re not referring to “black people lamenting how rarely they have been afforded dignity or equality by American society” when you say ‘racism’, since I’m not ready to believe anyone’s capable of such a mind-numbingly stupid and bad faith take.

I'm confused by this too. Was Zemo supposed to be the racist?? I didn't see him do anything vitrolic. Because while the comic version was a natzi, this one isn't; he's got more ties to real-life Serbia than anything else, and his motivations are more based out of his belief that humans shouldn't have superhuman abilities. Hard to argue since superhumans destroyed his nation. But if its not zemo who's the "racist", then who was it??

Marvel today released a new character poster for the Disney+ Loki series which features the statues of the TVA Time Keepers. Could one of these guys be Kang or Immortus?

Also the have released a mid-season trailer for the show.

The fourth episode for the series premiers tomorrow (6/30) on Disney+

Loki-Time-Keepers.jpg