Loki - Exclusive First-Look Trailer

Outsiders

It's Kang.  His whole schtick is time travel and he was well-known in the comic world.  It will not make any sense for them to bring in a B-lister or otherwise obscure villain, especially if the plan is to create a whole phase of movies around the confrontation.  Not only that, he's potentially even bigger and badder than Thanos.  Anyone who has read the comics knows how chaotic Kang "variants" are capable of creating cosmic mayhem.  This story is literally built to prime everything about comic Kang.  

Anyway, feel free to speculate and entertain all of these conspiracies but MCU isn't exactly known for subtlety or plot twists.  When the answer is 99% likely to be one thing, it probably is.  

OMG. I can not believe I was right. well we all guessed that it would be setting up the multiverse but I can't believe I got Immortus right. I mean he is all but confirmed to be He who remains. Can't wait for the ....Breath in...... Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness, Spider-man: No way home, Ant-man and the wasp quantumania and Loki s2.

Now hasbro get onto giving us an Immortus!!!

immortus.jpg

It was great season finale, this time it wasn’t WandaVision’s guessing game with Mephisto all over again, it did play with our expectations but this without making us disappointed and truly having scale and range of comic book story.  That office  meeting was reminiscent of Immortus appearance in X-men animated series where Bishop was stuck on the time axis, maybe it was even used as inspiration as one of the few multimedia appearances of Immortus, for me as kid that scene was one of the most mysterious and intriguing  scenes that would keep me up at night. In nutshell all episodes but 4th one were great, which  easily makes Loki the best series as a whole and in the MCU and likely way better than at least  70 percent of MCU movies. 

Considering the finale introduced a brand new character we've never seen or heard of who then spent 30 minutes giving exposition, all of which seems like a disastrous idea for storytelling, they actually pulled it off pretty well. Credit good writing and Jonathan Majors playing a very unexpected type of mastermind in Immortus.

I still have a lot of problems with the series on the whole and it's my least favorite of the three Disney+ series, but it was easily the best season finale. 

On 7/12/2021 at 12:14 PM, Virtualzach said:

It's Kang.  His whole schtick is time travel and he was well-known in the comic world.  It will not make any sense for them to bring in a B-lister or otherwise obscure villain, especially if the plan is to create a whole phase of movies around the confrontation.  Not only that, he's potentially even bigger and badder than Thanos.  Anyone who has read the comics knows how chaotic Kang "variants" are capable of creating cosmic mayhem.  This story is literally built to prime everything about comic Kang.  

Anyway, feel free to speculate and entertain all of these conspiracies but MCU isn't exactly known for subtlety or plot twists.  When the answer is 99% likely to be one thing, it probably is.  

That very last statue of him is Kang's outfit, just without the helmet. And he did mention he was the "conqueror". And Immortus is, after all, Kang's future self.

But all in all I wasnt moved by this series. It was clumsy, confusing, and just didn't grab me. In fact, I had actually forgotten that the finale was a few days ago. I'm not sure what I was expecting from a Loki show, but this wasn't it. Not sure why theyre getting a season 2 when the others didnt.  Falcon & Winter Soldier definitely need another season.

kang.jpg

On 7/14/2021 at 10:54 PM, tarot said:

OMG. I can not believe I was right. well we all guessed that it would be setting up the multiverse but I can't believe I got Immortus right. I mean he is all but confirmed to be He who remains. Can't wait for the ....Breath in...... Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness, Spider-man: No way home, Ant-man and the wasp quantumania and Loki s2.

Now hasbro get onto giving us an Immortus!!!

immortus.jpg

Soory to burst your bubble, but Kate Herron confirmed that he Who Remains isn't Immortus

https://www.cbr.com/loki-jonathan-majors-he-who-remains-not-immortus/

Disney+ has released a new character poster following last weeks season finale of Loki which will be getting a second season. This one features Jonathan Majors as the character referenced as "He Who Remains" in the series. Was that Kang The Conquer or perhaps that variant of him was actually Immortus?

All we know is that Majors is going to be appearing in the Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumani which is set to hit theaters in February 17, 2023 as Kang. My guess we will see some version of him pop up in the MCU again before then.

He-Who-Remains-Character-Poster.jpg

On 7/19/2021 at 3:31 PM, JayC said:
Disney+ has released a new character poster following last weeks season finale of Loki which will be getting a second season. This one features Jonathan Majors as the character referenced as "He Who Remains" in the series. Was that Kang The Conquer or perhaps that variant of him was actually Immortus?

All we know is that Majors is going to be appearing in the Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumani which is set to hit theaters in February 17, 2023 as Kang. My guess we will see some version of him pop up in the MCU again before then.

He-Who-Remains-Character-Poster.jpg

They already confirmed he's a Kang variant but not Immortus

I bowed out after the first episode. If there's any truth to the TOTS numbers that have been floating around, I wasn't the only one.

Either way, I couldn't care less. WandaVision surprised me by being great, otherwise each new MCU project elicits a similar reaction to that of the house-guests in Clue when they find Yvette's body.