New Marvel Studios Legends Series Announced For Disney+

JayC

Following last weeks Disney Investor Day event, Marvel Studios has announced another series simply titled "Legends" which will debut before the January 15th premier of WandaVision. Here is the description for the show.

Marvel Studios: Legends is a new series that revisits some of the most iconic moments from the MCU, one character at a time. Kicking off with Wanda Maximoff and Vision, the first two episodes start streaming Jan. 8, only on DisneyPlus.

Marvel-Studios-Legends.jpg

57 minutes ago, Nosferatuman62172 said:

When I read legends, I thought this was for figures.

I though it was going to be MCU Legends sub-line the way that Transformers have the Studio Series when I first saw the logo.

Just going to be a glorified series of clip shhows instead

Probably wishful thinking, but I kind of hope Hasbro uses this show as an opportunity to give us some MCU figures. There's a bunch of Iron Man stuff that could be done in this show, his battle with Thanos, they could give us a brand new MK 50 with a bunch of accessories, the snapping scene, a battle-damaged MK 85 with an unmasked head and gauntlet, maybe even earlier suits, the MK 5 with suitcase, MK 45, anything from Iron Man 3, a brand new MK 1, MKs 2-4. Maybe I just want to complete a MCU hall of armor lol. But they could definitely use this as an excuse to release other characters we don't have, Endgame Thor, Captain Marvel, Rocket, Nebula, they all had pretty good moments in that movie, as did others especially in Infinity War.

wow the logo really is just a rip off of the toyline, whassup with that?

anyways from what I hear it's just going to be a show where they talk about each character or characters and how they developed them and how they progressed in the movies.. probably fairly fluffy.

So is it a clip show? Some kind of retrospective thing where they profile a given character each episode?

Either way, not impressed. You see both done on a daily basis by whatever YouTube guy just got a camera for Christmas and now fancies himself a half-@$$ed Ken Burns. I only watch Disney+ for the cartoons, an occasional movie from the library, and Mandalorian . . . still, I'd hate to see them blow all their "Original Projects" money on glorified DVD extras.

7 hours ago, mako said:

You know, I thought that to. The first thing that came to mind was an open-ended line focusing on the MCU shows. I don't even collect MCU figures, but for some reason that thought made me . . . happy.

Oh, hello reality.

Maybe because it would have kept the MCU figures out of the main line