Rumor Report: Hasbro 6" Marvel Legends 2021 Iron Man Theme Wave - Who Will Be In It?!?

JayC

Earlier this month Hasbro revealed that they were going to be releasing a 6" Marvel Legends Classic Ultron figure sometime in 2021. They however did not officially reveal how or where the figure would be released. I previously told you in a recent Rumor Report that the figure would be released in an Iron Man themed wave.

So besides Ultron, I am sure many of you are wondering what other figures will be released in this wave? Well wonder no more. Based on info I have seen, I'm about to tell you how the wave is likely to break down. AGAIN I MUST STRESS, this HAS NOT been officially confirmed by Hasbro, and should be treated as RUMOR for now. I do however also want to point out my track record has been pretty good on this stuff, including when I told you the figures for the House Of X

wave back in October and that MODOK was going to be released as a Deluxe figure for $50 in November.

I also want to EMPHASIS that my info only pertains to names. I have not actually seen any of these figures yet, and the images used here are for reference purposes ONLY. The actual specific figures may vary some from the versions shown here.

One final note before we get to the names. All indications are this will be a regular release wave as opposed to a Retro one, but I can't say with 100% certainty that it's not a Retro wave. I also have no info on what the Build-A-Figure will be assuming there is one.

Ok so now that we have all that out of the way, lets get to the names.

- Classic Ultron

- Darkstar (Unknown if this will feature her classic look or a more modern one)

- Iron Man Modular Armor

- Iron Heart

- Guardsman (My info was not clear if this will be just a regular classic Guardsman or possibly a more specific version like maybe Curtis Elkins who was part of The Jury. Granted the Sentry version would seemingly be more fitting for a Venom themed wave, but we will have to see.)

Hologram - (The assumption is that this will be an Iron Man figure, possibly the more modern Model 68 version.)

Iron Man Stealth - (There have been several versions of the Stealth Armor featured in the comics over the years, and I have no idea which specific one the figure will actually be based on. My best guess would be that they will repaint the recent Alex Ross Iron Man figure with stealth colors, but we will have to wait and see.)

As for the Build-A-Figure

, again I have NO info on it, but I am HOPING for a Dmitri Bukharin as the fifth Crimson Dynamo. Classic Titanium Man would be another cool choice, though we already have that one coming from Diamond Select Toys for the Marvel Select line.

So there you have it, the RUMORED Iron Man themed wave for 2021. Let us know what you think about it below in the COMMENTS SECTION, and once Hasbro officially confirms or shows the list to be false, we will be sure to update you all.

Iron-Man-Marvel-Legends-Wave.jpg

That's an interesting line-up, but I'm not really feeling it for Darkstar as part of an Iron Man wave. I'm happy for Ironheart and Guardsman.

Based on the inclusion of Ironheart, I would say this wave is 100% gonna be a regular wave. And if that's the case, I think it's a waste not to hold onto the Modular and Stealth suits for a retro wave sometime down the line. The Modular Armor would be perfect to headline a retro Iron Man wave. It would have been better to put out more modern suits in this regular wave, since retro waves aren't really the place for them. It would be a fun plot twist, though, if the Modular Armor turned out to be a redo of the Marvel NOW! armor. I highly doubt it, but it's just a fun thought.

37 minutes ago, JayC said:
I do however also want to point out my track record has been pretty good on this stuff, including when I told you the figures for the House Of X

wave back in October and that MODOK was going to be released as a Deluxe figure for $50 in November.

I love how you remind us how brilliant you are before you ever mention a character name.

Nope, no ego here. 🙄

@ADour I don't think Darkstar is 100% right for this wave either. She should be part of a Black Widows wave. However, then I remember that she is a recurring character in the latest Avengers series as part of the Winter Guard. But eh who care? we might finally be getting her.

I am delighted for Iron Heart. I know some don't like her, but I enjoyed her character after Bendis left. Like others, I want her as her more unique Champions look instead of a female Iron Man.

I'm also hoping for Guards man to be an army builder. Make me think the baf will be another type like Stiltman.

28 minutes ago, tarot said:

@ADour I don't think Darkstar is 100% right for this wave either. She should be part of a Black Widows wave. However, then I remember that she is a recurring character in the latest Avengers series as part of the Winter Guard. But eh who care? we might finally be getting her.

I was actually thinking the exact same, that she should have been part of the Black Widow wave. Spymaster and her should have switched places.

I was hoping to see the Iron Man NOW black/gold armor, and instead of that Hologram we'd get Sunturion (he's a long shot, I know). Also been pining for Crimson Dynamo for years (but we were all wanting Silver Centurion and look how that turned out). I do hope Titanium Man is going to be the BAF.

Darkstar isn't a fave of mine but I would like to see the Soviet Super Soldiers. But if she "shouldn't be part of this wave" then certainly Ultron shouldn't be. I do think she should've been in a Black Widow wave but absolutely, Ultron should be in Avengers. Bottom line, happy either are appearing.

Really curious to see what kinds (if any) of dark energy effects they use for her. Translucent black?

Love this wave and love the variety. Why the hell it took them so long to devote an entire wave to IM is beyond me. Oh yeah, the movies. As everyone else seems to be, I'm also scratching my head about Darkstar but I guess it kinda makes sense in that she was/is a long standing member of the Avengers' Russian counterpart and they have fought against each other on several occasions. Mostly I think it's because she'll be an easy repaint and most likely re-use the over used Kate Bishop buck. Looking at it as a numbers and minimizing costs game, I'd have to say that the Stealth IM will probably be just the 80th IM cast in black (with no paint wash, to be sure) and Hologram will probably be a translucent version of the Invincible IM mold. This would basically make Iron Heart (finally) and Guardsman the only new sculpts, with Modular IM possibly being a heavy re-tool of the previous version. At this point I would bet dollars to donuts that the BAF is going to be Titanium Man, similar in size to the Crimson Dynamo figure.

The only place I think they missed here is the chance to do Viv in this wave, though I am almost certain a Champions wave will eventually happen. I do agree with @tarotthat Ironheart became a better character post Bendis, but at any rate I hope they do her hair as crazy as some artists portrayed it.

After that probably DOA Eternals wave this will be a welcome smash hit for ML fans.

I have no problem with Darkstar randomly showing up in this wave, given how much of Iron Man's early history was fighting Soviet threats and villains from behind the Iron Curtain. Plus, tons of waves do things like this. Spider-Man waves have Daredevil characters. Who cares if Spymaster and Darkstar should've/could've been swapped. 

And yes, as others have hypothesized, her inclusion will make a lot more sense if the Build-a-Figure is another member of the Winter Guard, like Titanium Man or Ursa Major.

Darkstar! Squeeeeal! Rumour or not, the possibility of Darkstar is enough to get a huuuuge pop from me (yeah, Vanguard & Ursa are needed to, but just to be able to tick this one off my 'They'll never make 'em' list of Legends, will be so sweet & historic, I'd feel anything more is pushing my luck).

But this isn't a retro wave? The esoteric characters and Iron Man suit variations literally screams retro. They surely wouldn't do the always pointless stealth armour and Iron Heart in a regular wave, would they?

Ah, screw it. As long as there is Darkstar and none of these guys suffer from Silver Centurion Iron Man's inexplicably poorly articulated neck syndrome, Hasbro can crank out whoever they want and knock out as many F4 or Iron Man retro carded (or not) figures as they want. 

I don't know, @tarot  old chap. I'm working on the basis that even a six figure wave can become seven or eight (or 50) really quickly (Variant Storm, Black Cat, Gambit, Rogue etc.) There's no wave 2 X-Men or Spider-Man retro, but there's been countless singles. And all those Iron Man suits in a non-movie wave? That's pushing it!!

2 hours ago, tarot said:

I am delighted for Iron Heart. I know some don't like her, but I enjoyed her character after Bendis left. Like others, I want her as her more unique Champions look instead of a female Iron Man.

I'm also hoping for Guards man to be an army builder. Make me think the baf will be another type like Stiltman.

Guardsman and the later Vault Guardsmen are virtually identical, so the figure will likely be able to double as both. Smart move on Hasbro's part.

51zysummVFL._AC_.jpg

I'm already excited for Ultron, glad to finally see them Making DarkStar I hope it's her classic costume with yellow lines on the sides, which I already can sense will be very tricky to do paint wise, but I hope they find a way, maybe she will even feature new female body with pin less double elbows? One can hope.  Titanium man with less goofy looking helmet would be cool baf, like the one from Dark reign. Modular armor is my second most favorite armor but if they use lame plastic red instead of metallic red paint I will likely pass on it.

image_2020-12-17_020308.png