Rumor Report: Hasbro 6" Marvel Legends 2021 Iron Man Theme Wave - Who Will Be In It?!?

JayC

If these are indeed coming out, Im super stoked for modular armor IM.. Hoperfully they do it justice and make him look awesome. Ive wanted a good modular armor for ages. Toybiz version is good but goofy proportions and too small. If they can give me the quality that they did with the war machine, oh baby. Stealth armor was pretty predictable since its just a blue version of the one we ve already got. The rest aside from Ultron im meh about. It all comes down to who and how well the BAF is. 

45 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

Guardsman and the later Vault Guardsmen are virtually identical, so the figure will likely be able to double as both. Smart move on Hasbro's part.

51zysummVFL._AC_.jpg

Hopefully they'll do the smart thing (which they do on occasion) and include an Kevin O'Brien head sculpt, a generic "guy" head sculpt and a helmeted head sculpt to give us the option to use him as the original Guardsman or army build him as the Guardsmen. They did this with Nick Fury so he could double as a regular SHIELD agent.

8 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Hopefully they'll do the smart thing (which they do on occasion) and include an Kevin O'Brien head sculpt, a generic "guy" head sculpt and a helmeted head sculpt to give us the option to use him as the original Guardsman or army build him as the Guardsmen. They did this with Nick Fury so he could double as a regular SHIELD agent.

it's Michael that wore the one the Vault's Guardsman man armor, not his brother. (Oh god. This is going to turn into another Thunderbird and Warpath thing isn't it.)

10 minutes ago, tarot said:

it's Michael that wore the one the Vault's Guardsman man armor, not his brother. (Oh god. This is going to turn into another Thunderbird and Warpath thing isn't it.)

Ya, I knew it was one of the two. I just couldn't remember exactly which one came first. Lol, maybe we can meet in the middle and just call it and O'Brien head sculpt.

Additionally, I think there were some slight differences between the original Guardsman and the Vault Guardsmen particularly in the helmet and "shorts" at first, but I think over the years they've pretty much resolved to portray them as pretty much the same design, with each artist's particular interpretation, of course. I'll be displaying him as Guardsman because I think we're seriously lacking in Iron Man's armored enemies Rogues Gallery.

Thinking about the Modular Armor, and considering Hasbro's attentiveness to the possibilities of interchangeable heads, I'm really hoping the figure comes with an alternate head that corresponds to the way the armor's helmet looked like in the first season of the 90s cartoon:

iron-man-marvel-condivide-esilaranti-mom The season 2 helmet also looked different from the comics, so I wouldn't mind another alternate head for it, but since the difference was more subtle compared to the mouthslit of season 1's design, I wouldn't mind if it didn't get an alternate head.

And since it's the Modular Armor, I really really hope it comes with some snap-on accessories. I really appreciate it when Hasbro gives a figure a relevant accessory to represent a specific powerset, like the shapeshifting-cannon they gave to the Invincible Iron Man figure.

4 hours ago, ADour said:

I was actually thinking the exact same, that she should have been part of the Black Widow wave. Spymaster and her should have switched places.

A Black Widow wave with a few more of the Soviet Super Soldiers (Vanguard, Crimson Dynamo) and an Ursa Major BAF would work very well. Some could argue they should be in a Hulk wave though. But I can see the Soviets in either a Black Widow, Iron Man or Hulk wave.

1 hour ago, ADour said:

Thinking about the Modular Armor, and considering Hasbro attentiveness to the possibilities of interchangeable heads, I'm really hoping the figure comes with an alternate head that corresponds to the way the armor's helmet looked like in the first season of the 90s cartoon:

iron-man-marvel-condivide-esilaranti-mom The season 2 helmet also looked different from the comics, so I wouldn't mind another alternate head for it, but since the difference was more subtle compared to the mouthslit of season 1's design, I wouldn't mind if it didn't get an alternate head.

And since it's the Modular Armor, I really really hope it comes with some snap-on accessories. I really appreciate it when Hasbro gives a figure a relevant accessory to represent a specific powerset, like the shapeshifting-cannon they gave to the Invincible Iron Man figure.

Not a bad idea. Alternatively, I could see them wanting to squeeze a few extra bucks out of it by later releasing a retro version with the TV headsculpt (like they did with classic Beast).

1 hour ago, ADour said:

Thinking about the Modular Armor, and considering Hasbro attentiveness to the possibilities of interchangeable heads, I'm really hoping the figure comes with an alternate head that corresponds to the way the armor's helmet looked like in the first season of the 90s cartoon:

Well, since it's a 7 figure wave it's possible that this armor will be the centerpiece character that doesn't come with a BAF and added snap on pieces instead. Then again it is Hasbro and they've never been all that fond of doing things that make sense. The recent Hand Ninja notwithstanding.

I would almost be willing to pay a premium price for a Deluxe set like this.

IRON MAN 1.jpg

Really like the idea of a Ursa Major BAF.

I may be in the minority but I’d rather have a Legends level Articulated bear that could fit in with my love of creatures as well as my Legends collection than either another crack at Crimson Dynamo or the Titanium Man

not against either armored Russian but the chance to get a bear is too awesome to pass up

Guardsman is long overdue! That's a must have. Iron Heart is also one I've  had on my list of desired figures that I knew they'd eventually get to. I'll certainly buy Darkstar as well. 

Honestly I don't want the Ultron or either of the Iron Men so I'm somewhat hoping that this won't be a BAF that I want.

In regards to Iron Man characters, I'd sure like a comic based Whiplash figure at some point.....  Detroit Steel might be cool too.

I was only going to get Ultron originally, since I'm not really a comic Iron Man fan, but this wave may have to start an Iron Man shelf for me. If that's the case I'll probably have to get Silver Centurion sooner than later. I have Iron Monger, Whirlwind, Spymaster, Blizzard and a few Iron Man villains already, so I do have a bit of a beginning. Hoping they release new versions of Extremis and Bleeding Edge too, though the existing versions aren't bad. I also want a Ghost rerelease, since the original is super expensive now. I assume we'll get a comic Mandarin also at some point next year, either in a Villain or Shang-Chi wave, and maybe Fin Fang Foom as a Haslab or BAF in the future. Bit interesting to see Legends revealing interests I didn't know I had. 

I like for the most part what I'm hearing, Darkstar, Classic Ultron, Ironheart and Guardsman all finally! , the other Iron Men meh..at this point until I see them, but if this is a BAF wave it will all come down to whos the BAF.. Ursa Major would be amazing, but I bet it's Titanium Man. either way if it was 1 of those two as the BAFs I'd be buying the whole waves to build em.

1 hour ago, Ironspider428 said:

I was only going to get Ultron originally, since I'm not really a comic Iron Man fan, but this wave may have to start an Iron Man shelf for me. If that's the case I'll probably have to get Silver Centurion sooner than later. I have Iron Monger, Whirlwind, Spymaster, Blizzard and a few Iron Man villains already, so I do have a bit of a beginning. Hoping they release new versions of Extremis and Bleeding Edge too, though the existing versions aren't bad. I also want a Ghost rerelease, since the original is super expensive now. I assume we'll get a comic Mandarin also at some point next year, either in a Villain or Shang-Chi wave, and maybe Fin Fang Foom as a Haslab or BAF in the future. Bit interesting to see Legends revealing interests I didn't know I had. 

Mandarin is in the Shang-Chi wave but it's the movie version, so it's unlikely they'd do both. I think it's very likely they'll do a comic Mandarin if there's a Retro/Vintage Iron Man wave, however. Or maybe as a store exclusive.

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Really like the idea of a Ursa Major BAF.

I may be in the minority but I’d rather have a Legends level Articulated bear that could fit in with my love of creatures as well as my Legends collection than either another crack at Crimson Dynamo or the Titanium Man

not against either armored Russian but the chance to get a bear is too awesome to pass up

X-men fans can use it as their Demon Bear.

9 hours ago, JayC said:
"...As for the Build-A-Figure...again I have NO info on it, but I am HOPING for a Dmitri Bukharin as the fifth Crimson Dynamo. Classic Titanium Man would be another cool choice, though we already have that one coming from Diamond Select Toys for the Marvel Select line...."

I also hope for the Crimson Dynamo, but not as a BAF...that should be Titanium Man. Of course, since there's a notion Darkstar could be in this wave, now fans are speculating the BAF to be Ursa Major. That too would make sense, especially if there's another Soviet Super Soldier in this wave. But we already know the Legends team doesn't always use "sense" when making these waves; just look at the inclusion of Ultron. So CD might be the BAF, might not be, might not even be in this wave, might be the BAF in the Betty Brant-Robbie Robertson-Ned Leeds-Aunt May wave. Who can say, with these guys. I just hope they do him justice like they did with the 3.75" figure from years ago.

crimson dynamo.jpg

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

I'm with you here. Most people seem to be inferring that Ursa Major would be nothing more than a bear but I think the way Mark Silvestri (re)designed him in these pictures is the way he's been, more or less, portrayed since then. I'd also love both these versions of Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man (complete with Gremlin popping outta his chest plate with a blaster) in the future but as far as the BAF for this wave, I think one of the larger versions of Titanium Man is the no-brainer here. I think for the simple fact that they've already done the bigger version of CD in the Black Widow wave kinda discounts him as a BAF again. Of course there are a few other large IM villains that could qualify, like Controller or perhaps Firepower who took down Starks Silver Centurion armor in the first Armor Wars. With a version of Armor Wars coming to Disney+ I don't think that's outta the question.

Of course, if this IM wave is a hit, which I suspect it will be, especially after that abysmal Eternals wave, I fully expect one or both these versions of CD and TM to show up in a sequel wave. Me being the constant cost/value numbers guy, I would expect that they would not be likely to be in the same wave because the would/should be two completely new sculpts. And we all know how skimpy Hasbro gets about too many new sculpts in an assortment, especially in regards to non movie related product. I really hope for IM to be an ongoing line in the ML like Spider-Man. One could only hope that a Captain America dedicated line would follow suit. Between both franchises there have been quite a few characters that got skipped over to make room for movie figures and droves and droves of IM and Cap movie figs.

Being a massive Iron Man fan, this wave is a bit disappointing, two characters who aren't massively to do with Iron man (Ultron and Darkstar) and Three armours (Since when as a wave had 3 of the same character) and none of his actual villains. Glad to see Guardsman and Modular finally being done. Hopefully the BAF will be Titanium Man

Definitely excited about Darkstar and Ultron,  wait-and-see atttitude regarding the rest.  Iron Man is far from my favorite marvel character but he is definitely deserving of getting his own wave. 

I'd really like to see a Hulk-themed wave as well, although that is trickier since hulk and a lot of his rogues gallery are BAF sized.  But would be nice to get figures for Bruce Banner, Doc Samson,  and Thunderbolt Ross plus a few more villains.