Rumor Report: Hasbro 6" Marvel Legends 2021 Iron Man Theme Wave - Who Will Be In It?!?

JayC

As the person who initially started the Ursa Major craze (Yes I did when we did the whole Wishlist for Black Widow - see here and here), I do hope that if he is made that hasbro would do a Bob, Agent of Hydra and Shadowking type of deal and make a Spider-man character come with the head of Grizzly (or with Ant-man since he was a supporting character in his recent books.) hell it's the main reason I wanted Ursa in the first place.

1 hour ago, Ironspider428 said:

Is he? The list I heard was MCU Shang-Chi, Yi Ling and When Wu, then comic Death Dealer, Iron Man and Civil Warrior. 

When Wu looks to be the real name of the Mandarin (or an alias). Tony Leung was officially confirmed to be the Mandarin but his character was recently called Wenwu at that Disney investor event.

shangchi_castannounce.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

I could totally see them doing a comic Hulkbuster BAF. I think either that or Titanium Man are the most likely candidates. Though I do want Ursa Major...

If we were talking about what would most likely be, or what would make "sense", I could see Ursa Major as a BAF IF there were at least 1-2 more Soviet Super Soldiers in this wave. Then again Sasquatch was a BAF for a Deadpool wave that had no other Alpha Flight members....so I give up.....

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

I'm still hoping the movie will lead to a comic book version of Razor-Fist in his classic, kinky outfit. 

Razor-Fist-1-Marvel-Comics.jpg

Why not, it will be interesting looking figure for sure, maybe as fan channel exclusive in 2 pack that has previous almost perfect Shang chi with screaming new head sculpt and maybe some shading on his torso

If Ursa Major is the BAF then I'll be happy for his fans, but this seems like one of those cases where people might be reading a bit too much into things. It honestly seems like they went with Darkstar because she'd be a cheap figure to cobble together (basically just a new head on a repainted body) in a wave that is gonna require new sculpts for several other characters. Ultron is already confirmed to be all-new, and both Modular Iron Man and Ironheart are gonna require all-new new bodies too.

3 hours ago, watanabefan said:

When Wu looks to be the real name of the Mandarin (or an alias). Tony Leung was officially confirmed to be the Mandarin but his character was recently called Wenwu at that Disney investor event.

shangchi_castannounce.jpeg

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification. I did think it was weird he wasn't in the wave.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

If we were talking about what would most likely be, or what would make "sense", I could see Ursa Major as a BAF IF there were at least 1-2 more Soviet Super Soldiers in this wave. Then again Sasquatch was a BAF for a Deadpool wave that had no other Alpha Flight members....so I give up.....

I feel like in Deadpool waves pretty much anything goes, so idk if they would apply to Iron Man. I'm not terribly well versed in Iron Man comics, but did Ursa even interact with him all that much?

Also, watch Hasbro simultaneously surprise and disappoint us by giving us a way too small Fin Fang Foom BAF lol. 

18 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

I feel like in Deadpool waves pretty much anything goes, so idk if they would apply to Iron Man. I'm not terribly well versed in Iron Man comics, but did Ursa even interact with him all that much?

Also, watch Hasbro simultaneously surprise and disappoint us by giving us a way too small Fin Fang Foom BAF lol. 

Ursa and the rest of the Soviets/Winter Guard pretty much interacted with Iron Man, the Black Widow (when she was leader of the Champions), the Avengers, the Hulk, and they turn up sporadically throughout the Marvel Universe. But I dont want to say 'cause Darkstar might be in a shell head wave, the BAF is gonna be Ursa Major; there's just no way to make that conclusion yet. And frankly I'm thinking the BAF ( if there is one ) would be Titanium Man. 

We need more info before anyone can come to a conclusion. 

11 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

Ursa Major hasn't interacted with Iron Man in a meaningful way at all. The few comics where they've shared an appearance is just because Tony has stumbled into the Winter Guard (either alone or with the Avengers) and Ursa Major happened to be part of it. He would be a very bad choice for an Iron Man wave, especially since Darkstar is already non-Iron Man related and Ultron is much more Avengers-related than he is Iron Man-related.

Like you mentioned, in Deadpool waves pretty much anything goes. He has a much smaller supporting cast and group of villains, so it makes sense to pad out Deadpool waves with non-Deadpool characters. On the other hand, Iron Man has enough villains, variants and supporting characters to make many waves with only strictly Iron Man-related characters, and many big-sized characters to make plenty of BAFs.

I have the feeling the Winter Guard could be one of those teams whose completion Hasbro spreads over the course of several years, kinda like how they're doing the Thunderbolts, with Songbird coming out in 2018, Citizen V in 2019, and MACH-I in 2020. And it's this spreading out that makes me think it's even less likely this Iron Man wave could have two Winter Guard members.

12 hours ago, ADour said:

Ursa Major hasn't interacted with Iron Man in a meaningful way at all. The few comics where they've shared an appearance is just because Tony has stumbled into the Winter Guard (either alone or with the Avengers) and Ursa Major happened to be part of it. He would be a very bad choice for an Iron Man wave, especially since Darkstar is already non-Iron Man related and Ultron is much more Avengers-related than he is Iron Man-related.

Like you mentioned, in Deadpool waves pretty much anything goes. He has a much smaller supporting cast and group of villains, so it makes sense to pad out Deadpool waves with non-Deadpool characters. On the other hand, Iron Man has enough villains, variants and supporting characters to make many waves with only strictly Iron Man-related characters, and many big-sized characters to make plenty of BAFs.

I have the feeling the Winter Guard could be one of those teams whose completion Hasbro spreads over the course of several years, kinda like how they're doing the Thunderbolts, with Songbird coming out in 2018, Citizen V in 2019, and MACH-I in 2020. And it's this spreading out that makes me think it's even less likely this Iron Man wave could have two Winter Guard members.

Yeah, I'm just not sure what else Ursa Major could be a BAF for. I don't see us getting another Black Widow wave anytime soon, if ever, so maybe another Avengers wave? Though those usually have had a MCU/Gamerverse BAF lately.

12 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

Yeah, I'm just not sure what else Ursa Major could be a BAF for. I don't see us getting another Black Widow wave anytime soon, if ever, so maybe another Avengers wave? Though those usually have had a MCU/Gamerverse BAF lately.

they could do a second BW wave for the actual release of the movie (Very Doubtful though). There is going to be a second BW movie, so they could do it for that then. Also like I mentioned, they could always do a Grizzly for a Spider-man wave and put a Ursa head in with another figure.

13 hours ago, tarot said:

they could do a second BW wave for the actual release of the movie (Very Doubtful though). There is going to be a second BW movie, so they could do it for that then. Also like I mentioned, they could always do a Grizzly for a Spider-man wave and put a Ursa head in with another figure.

I would go the Grizzly route with an alt head in with another member of the Winter Guard

On 12/19/2020 at 11:54 AM, tarot said:

There's going to be another BW movie? I haven't heard that. I guess it would make sense if Yelena is going to be a major player in the MCU thus forward. 

On 12/20/2020 at 12:51 AM, leokearon said:

I would go the Grizzly route with an alt head in with another member of the Winter Guard

I could definitely see them giving us a Grizzly BAF in a future Spider-Man wave. I'd also be down for that. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, CaptainK9 said:

It will never happen, but I would love to see Jack of Hearts & the Guardsman armor in an Ironman set...

Guardsman is one of the rumoured figures and Jack could easily fit into an Iron Man or Avenger wave, though I would pity the guy that has to paint him

5 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

So I know this isn't a rumored figure for this wave and would be more suited to a retro wave.  But does anyone else think that the samurai armor iron man would be a cool ML

Yes! I would love any and all of the different funky armors that were featured in the 90s Iron Man toy line and series. A lot of them were really, really cool designs. I love the color scheme, with that cool green color, of the 90s Samurai Armor figure- that would be high on the list for me. 

6 hours ago, MagnaPrime said:

So I know this isn't a rumored figure for this wave and would be more suited to a retro wave.  But does anyone else think that the samurai armor iron man would be a cool ML

I would be a cool figure. Not sure if I would get it if I saw it though