Rumor Report: Hasbro 6" Marvel Legends 2021 Iron Man Theme Wave - Who Will Be In It?!?

JayC

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

Being a massive Iron Man fan, this wave is a bit disappointing, two characters who aren't massively to do with Iron man (Ultron and Darkstar) and Three armours (Since when as a wave had 3 of the same character) and none of his actual villains. Glad to see Guardsman and Modular finally being done. Hopefully the BAF will be Titanium Man

100% agree. When it comes to Spider-Man, who gets more than one wave each year, it makes sense to include more fringe characters like Shang-Chi, or Night Thrasher. I wasn't expecting Hasbro to make the ultimate Iron Man wave and include all the key characters at once right away, but for something that represents Iron Man's first wave since 2013, it's a bummer that it doesn't feel appropriately Iron Man-y.

Ultron, Darkstar, Modular Iron-Man, Stealth Armor✔️! Classic Guardsman? ✔️✔️✔️!!! Man, I've been wanting a figure of the classic Guardsman since before I hit puberty, and yes, please give him alt hands, heads and please oh please give him boot-swivels (I'm still really peeved Hasbro punked us on those joints for Silver Centurion and War Machine)! I had to google who Iron Heart was, but with my wanting that many figures in a wave I suppose I'll get her and give her to my niece. 80s Crimson Dynamo or Ursa Major Bafs would suit me fine, so long as it's not Titanium Man; the DS version is absolutely perfect for Legends imo. 

1 hour ago, ADour said:

100% agree. When it comes to Spider-Man, who gets more than one wave each year, it makes sense to include more fringe characters like Shang-Chi, or Night Thrasher. I wasn't expecting Hasbro to make the ultimate Iron Man wave and include all the key characters at once right away, but for something that represents Iron Man's first wave since 2013, it's a bummer that it doesn't feel appropriately Iron Man-y.

Yeah, as I said some of his villains would have been nice and they don't need to be big ones (like the Mandarian or Crimson Dynamo) they could be ones like the Melter and the Unicorn 

Lots of unknowns here; we're not sure what the figures will be, or what the BAF will be or even if there will be a BAF; don't even know (though it looks like confidence is high) if Ultron is really gonna be in this wave, or in an as yet unannounced Avengers wave. But one thing we do know: its past time Legends fixed this Iron Man repulsor firing hand, and this is the time to do it. There's no reason why this cant be articulated just like the fists, or gripping hands, etc.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Lots of unknowns here; we're not sure what the figures will be, or what the BAF will be or even if there will be a BAF; don't even know (though it looks like confidence is high) if Ultron is really gonna be in this wave, or in an as yet unannounced Avengers wave. But one thing we do know: its past time Legends fixed this Iron Man repulsor firing hand, and this is the time to do it. There's no reason why this cant be articulated just like the fists, or gripping hands, etc.

IM RE.jpg

When I saw your picture, I was assuming you were going to say, hope they dont mess up the biceps again. XD Its kind of like how they did that weird warping of hulk gamerverses' Right arm being massively mutated looking compared to the promo pics. 

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Definitely excited about Darkstar and Ultron,  wait-and-see atttitude regarding the rest.  Iron Man is far from my favorite marvel character but he is definitely deserving of getting his own wave. 

I'd really like to see a Hulk-themed wave as well, although that is trickier since hulk and a lot of his rogues gallery are BAF sized.  But would be nice to get figures for Bruce Banner, Doc Samson,  and Thunderbolt Ross plus a few more villains. 

I've often thought the same thing, but I think they could get away with doing a Hulk figure as a Deluxe figure and then do a parallel Hulk related wave with more normal sized figures and a BAF. I'm thinking:

1. Doc Sampson - it'll be basically a redo of the one from the Dark Days of ML

2. Red She-Hulk (redo) - the last one was not bad but it really doesn't hold up to the newer ML and it would be awesome to see her on the new (She) Hulk mold.

3. Sandman (redo) - I know I'm not alone in thinking the older one from the Spider-Man wave is way too big and those ball hip joints really, really standout with current ML.

4. Absorbing Man (redo) - Apply everything from above to this guy. They are basically the same figure.

5. Thunderbolt Ross - I'm not usually into "normal" guys but he's such a part of the Comic and soon to be MCU that we almost have to have him. Added bonus, the buck they would most likely use is generic enough that they could actually include both Comic and MCU head sculpts.

6. Lyra - They've teased her, they've done protos, and I think they actually formally announced her, but we've never got her. As I recall she got a pretty good reception before. Might as well put that Thundra buck to some use.

7. U-Foes - pretty much anyone from this team, besides Ironclad would qualify as a normal sized figure.

BAF - Bi-Beast - Just as Lyra was, this guy has been hinted, proto'd, voted on and requested over and over.

I know to most people this would seem like a big gamble on Hasbro's part, but I'm betting it can be no worse than the Eternals wave that's coming out next year.

I actually now wonder if this wave does indeed have a BAF, would this not be the perfect place for them to give us a comic Hulkbuster after all these years?, I know Hasbro would be saying.. heres a chance for this figure every one wants, kids will want, he's iconic.

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I actually now wonder if this wave does indeed have a BAF, would this not be the perfect place for them to give us a comic Hulkbuster after all these years?, I know Hasbro would be saying.. heres a chance for this figure every one wants, kids will want, he's iconic.

Firepower-.thumb.jpg.c8f30f46e05d0307e525c46db6d190ff.jpgMuch rather it be Firepower. HBIM has been done enough in both MCU/ comic versions. Wanna see a never before done character as the BAF instead of umpteenth HBIM. And just cuz TM got done by MS doesn't mean he shouldn't be done in the ML line. MS version lacks enough POA for me. 1290791874_Titaniumman.thumb.png.373d64dc0cf4f86620bf1de600c2ed46.png

10 hours ago, tarot said:

I'm going to assume these are the most expected bafs for this wave:

1. Titanium Man
  2. Crimson Dynamo
  3. HulkBuster Armor
  4. Ursa Major
  5. Controller

Honourable mention to Ultimo but that seems very unlikely. 

I would rule out Crimson Dynamo, we already had a Crimson Dynamo Baf and Bukharin is smaller than Tony. Vanko they could get away with given the armour is bulky.

2 hours ago, watanabefan said:

Hot Toys apparently did a Hologram Armor Iron Man a while back.

MMS568.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the Legends version ends up being something similar, just a translucent version of some armor they've already done in the past.

It could be a translucent version of the Silver Centurion since that was the inspiration for the 90's Toy Line Hologram Armour

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Firepower-.thumb.jpg.c8f30f46e05d0307e525c46db6d190ff.jpgMuch rather it be Firepower. HBIM has been done enough in both MCU/ comic versions. Wanna see a never before done character as the BAF instead of umpteenth HBIM. And just cuz TM got done by MS doesn't mean he shouldn't be done in the ML line. MS version lacks enough POA for me. 1290791874_Titaniumman.thumb.png.373d64dc0cf4f86620bf1de600c2ed46.png

Yeah but the comic book version hasn't been done right in legends yet. The toybiz one was inaccurate. There is the select version but thats hard to come by now.

18 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Oh I'd way rather have Firepower, Titanium Man, Ursa Major, Detroit Steel...hell it could even be Red Flag or something.. I'd rather have like any one over Hulkbuster, but I was only speculating..not wanting..I was saying it's a real strong possibility an IM wave would be the place they'd throw in a Comic Hulkbuster, because it's a guaranteed hit. Think if you were Hasbro and someone said..hey this Iron Man wave.. what's the BAF going to be.. should it be some guy named Firepower or Hulkbuster?

9 hours ago, tarot said:

Yeah but the comic book version hasn't been done right in legends yet. The toybiz one was inaccurate. There is the select version but thats hard to come by now.

The Select Hulkbuster is getting a mass-market (since it was previously a Disney Store exclusive) re-release as we speak . It's coming out next month in Amazon, and it's already available on BBTS.

On 12/16/2020 at 7:24 PM, watanabefan said:

Mandarin is in the Shang-Chi wave but it's the movie version, so it's unlikely they'd do both. I think it's very likely they'll do a comic Mandarin if there's a Retro/Vintage Iron Man wave, however. Or maybe as a store exclusive.

Is he? The list I heard was MCU Shang-Chi, Yi Ling and When Wu, then comic Death Dealer, Iron Man and Civil Warrior. I know he's supposed to be the main villain, so I imagine we'll get the MCU version either way. Comic Mandarin is definitely enough to sell as a store exclusive or headline another villains wave. I don't see us getting two separate Iron Man waves next year, but I could be wrong. 

On 12/17/2020 at 1:49 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I could totally see them doing a comic Hulkbuster BAF. I think either that or Titanium Man are the most likely candidates. Though I do want Ursa Major...

For the BAF, I would like to see either of these:

• Modern Titanium Man: It's the look I prefer for the character. However, I have to admit I'm more than okay with the BAF not being this character due to Marvel Select having just announced a Titanium Man of their own (even if it's the classic look).
  • Controller: He'd be a fun Iron Man baddie to have in the shelves, and since Hasbro usually excells with wide and not-too-tall BAFs, I think they can pull him off no problem.
  • Arsenal: I always figured the Juggernaut BAF could work wonderfully as the base for an Arsenal BAF. But at the same time, I'd like to first see a BAF with a unique sculpt for an Iron Man wave. Arsenal can come later down the line.
  • Ultimo: I know Hasbro won't do him justice scale-wise, but at the same time I don't see them making this figure any other way. I guess I'd rather have small Ultimo than no Ultimo.
  • Detroit Steel: I'm not really attached to this character, but he'd make a fun BAF. However, he's supposed to be big-big. So a BAF of him will most surely suffer the same scale issue an Ultimo BAF would.

With three rumored Iron Man figures already in the wave, I hope the BAF isn't another Iron Man. And with Ultron and Darkstar being fringe, I really hope the BAF is appropriately Iron Man-related.