New WandaVision News And Discussion

JayC

I'm getting that Legion vibe off this one more and more. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing at first but it got waaaaay out there near the end. If they can do that kinda thing but reel it in a bit it could actually be good. It does have two very good things going for it though. Everyone loves Elisabeth Olsen for one and Big Daddy Deep Pockets Disney has the resources to pull off all the special effects and costume designs that Fox couldn't for Legion (or The Gifted).

Clearly I'm a Vision fan (duh) and had high hopes for the MCU version. While I wasn't crazy about that, I'm very curious to see what they do here on the small screen. At the very least we get a shot of him in his iconic outfit, even though its being played for cosplay laughs. Best wishes for success!!

Certainly some very interesting scenes here, on the surface this could give the impression of a sitcom type comedy but from some of the content on the trailers I feel a serious undertow of Marvel suspense thriller underneath it all. This could definitely be a big surprise and not what we may think it is. Whatever we think it is.

Uh . . . yeah. The clip kinda plays like a bad SNL skit. The jokes fall flat and it runs on to long. Mind you, I can't be sure, but that may have actually been on purpose. You know, doing the whole TV show thing.

Kudos to Kimmel for at least trying to sound positive when he obviously wasn't feeling it. "I like that, that's fun."

24 minutes ago, mako said:

Uh . . . yeah. The clip kinda plays like a bad SNL skit. The jokes fall flat and it runs on to long. Mind you, I can't be sure, but that may have actually been on purpose. You know, doing the whole TV show thing.

Kudos to Kimmel for at least trying to sound positive when he obviously wasn't feeling it. "I like that, that's fun."

That's the point, the 50's TV-Style episodes were filmed exactly as a 50's TV show with an audience and even Dick Van Dyke as a consultant. They even had to change the Vision's skin to blue so the colour would look right in Black and White

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

That's the point, the 50's TV-Style episodes were filmed exactly as a 50's TV show with an audience and even Dick Van Dyke as a consultant. They even had to change the Vision's skin to blue so the colour would look right in Black and White

I actually meant like they were doing a parody. You know, like they aren't just trying to do a TV show, but a BAD TV show, ala the Oliver episodes of Brady Bunch (I actually dug Oliver), or those SNL skits I mentioned where a flat joke seems to get stretched out forever.

Not to get TO meta, but I'm also hoping they find the time for at least one sitcom-kid swipe. You know, the little kids on those old sitcoms who had no talent other than delivering lines badly while smiling a big goofy grin . . . and spouting lame catch-phrases.

I'm actually looking forward to this now.

12 hours ago, mako said:

I actually meant like they were doing a parody. You know, like they aren't just trying to do a TV show, but a BAD TV show, ala the Oliver episodes of Brady Bunch (I actually dug Oliver), or those SNL skits I mentioned where a flat joke seems to get stretched out forever.

Not to get TO meta, but I'm also hoping they find the time for at least one sitcom-kid swipe. You know, the little kids on those old sitcoms who had no talent other than delivering lines badly while smiling a big goofy grin . . . and spouting lame catch-phrases.

I'm actually looking forward to this now.

Maybe if they could do it with Thomas and William