New WandaVision News And Discussion

JayC

It's less interesting than the idea that Wanda is being controlled or influenced in some way by some entity we have yet to see or fully identify, but the former clinical psychologist in me can't help but wonder if all this might just be what happens when someone with reality altering powers has a psychotic break. People can have them in response to trauma and stress, which Wanda has definitely had plenty of, and in extreme cases people are known to have delusions and hallucinations. Perhaps the show within the show is a super powered version of that.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 hours ago, mako said:

I hope so. One of the things I really love about the show is how it uses weird visuals and provocative little hints to forward the mystery element. It almost reminds me of classic old shows like The Prisoner, that had similar vibe.

If there was one weak point to that last episode, it was that they gave us to many answers. Then again, this is a short form series, without the luxury of a full season to tease the audience.

There are some who probably complain we didn't get the answers soon enough.

2 hours ago, Satam said:

It's less interesting than the idea that Wanda is being controlled or influenced in some way by some entity we have yet to see or fully identify, but the former clinical psychologist in me can't help but wonder if all this might just be what happens when someone with reality altering powers has a psychotic break. People can have them in response to trauma and stress, which Wanda has definitely had plenty of, and in extreme cases people are known to have delusions and hallucinations. Perhaps the show within the show is a super powered version of that.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It is clear that someone is editing the show and it isn't Wanda. Wanda is manipulated by someone to think she is in control

I've heard complaints that this show is moving too fast, but for me it's just right, though longer episodes would be nice. Not that they can't get across what they need in 30 minutes, but waiting a week for something that can be watched through in the time it takes to warm up Ramen noodles is kinda annoying. I think there's a lot of filler material that probably ended up on the cutting room floor that could add some depth to the show. It does seem like some of the bits are cut way too short.

I don't know if this is a one-off show or if they intend on making it a multi-season show, but it does help to look at it as a movie just cut into small episodes. There's a lot of info they have to cram in here to set up what they're trying to set up so it may seem to move faster than most shows. If there's one complaint that I had about the Netflix shows (well, besides DD, I had many), it would be that those shows dragged on way too long, only to chase one antagonist through each season.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

I've heard complaints that this show is moving too fast, but for me it's just right, though longer episodes would be nice. Not that they can't get across what they need in 30 minutes, but waiting a week for something that can be watched through in the time it takes to warm up Ramen noodles is kinda annoying. I think there's a lot of filler material that probably ended up on the cutting room floor that could add some depth to the show. It does seem like some of the bits are cut way too short.

I don't know if this is a one-off show or if they intend on making it a multi-season show, but it does help to look at it as a movie just cut into small episodes. There's a lot of info they have to cram in here to set up what they're trying to set up so it may seem to move faster than most shows. If there's one complaint that I had about the Netflix shows (well, besides DD, I had many), it would be that those shows dragged on way too long, only to chase one antagonist through each season.

In total the runtime is roughly  6 hours. Originally they had planned 6 -1 hour episodes, but though of making some of them shorter to fit the sitcom idea better.

14 hours ago, leokearon said:

It is clear that someone is editing the show and it isn't Wanda. Wanda is manipulated by someone to think she is in control

I don't think that's clear at all. If she were having a psychotic break, Wanda could be compartmentalizing and not fully acknowledging on a conscious level certain interactions that remind her of reality. So, she could be having these interactions but isn't fully aware of them. It happens in real life and is very much like "editing" one's awareness.
Anyway, that's unlikely what the writers are doing.  It's probably too Life on Mars and not very MCU.

On 2/1/2021 at 12:48 AM, Satam said:

I'm actually leaning more toward this now than anything else.

On 2/5/2021 at 5:25 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

spacer.png

what an episode !

people get watching!

Yeah holy sh1t, I saw it coming and I DIDN'T see it....if you know what I mean.

And we're now getting some more answers on how the Vision's back. And did I actually see an homage to WCA #43? Not to mention the new 80s sitcom theme song they used. Many many gems in this episode.

See what I did there?

Betcha didn't see THAT coming...

I think my post isn't too spoilery but I will hide it still I could see that coming, I mean doctor strange movie having multiverse in it, all these spider-man 3 rumors? and EP being rumored in the cast of WV. If anything it was sheer abundances of theories that made me question what would happen.  It also important to see it from business standpoint, because just with that single scene Disney made all of their purchased fox x-men movies relevant again, at least relevant again for streaming, which after all was the reason why Disney bought fox, for their rich content. 

I have a theory one Anges and the other people that know they are in a TV show, My theory is that they are already dead. Now you may be thinking, well that might be obvious but what if they are people that Wanda had killed herself? What if they are the people in the building that Wanda accidently exploded in Civil War? We have seen that she can create and revive people so it make sense that she would want to try and repent for taking their lives.

Good Theory or Bad Theory?

25 minutes ago, tarot said:

I have a theory one Anges and the other people that know they are in a TV show, My theory is that they are already dead. Now you may be thinking, well that might be obvious but what if they are people that Wanda had killed herself? What if they are the people in the building that Wanda accidently exploded in Civil War? We have seen that she can create and revive people so it make sense that she would want to try and repent for taking their lives.

Good Theory or Bad Theory?

The people who died in Civil War were Wakandan not from New Jersey. It is more that likely that these are living people that are trapped in the bubble.

1 hour ago, tarot said:

We have seen that she can create and revive people

We think she created her twins and revived Vision because that's what S.W.O.R.D. believes, but--as pointed out in the show--Wanda never had that level of power before, so it's still possible that she's not responsible for these things and that she's being manipulated by another entity. 

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

We think she created her twins and revived Vision because that's what S.W.O.R.D. believes, but--as pointed out in the show--Wanda never had that level of power before, so it's still possible that she's not responsible for these things and that she's being manipulated by another entity. 

I believe she is being manipulated, Agnes is still an unknown factor, also it is hard to see how a woman who has been demonstrating psychic powers and got her powers from the mind stone could warp reality 

12 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah holy sh1t, I saw it coming and I DIDN'T see it....if you know what I mean.

And we're now getting some more answers on how the Vision's back. And did I actually see an homage to WCA #43? Not to mention the new 80s sitcom theme song they used. Many many gems in this episode.

See what I did there?

Betcha didn't see THAT coming...

Yeah this show is really doing some fun stuff as it progresses, that last episode did have some nice eggs dropped, and yes that was very much WCA 43 nod going on there, so many lil tid bits, I wish I could go on more but, can't spoil it for the lollygaggers not already watching.

if you can come to this site and type, you can go and watch that new episode 😛 go do it for yourself peeps.

My thoughts so far SPOILERS below:

[spoiler]To me it's pretty clear there is some kind of outside hand with at least an eye on whats going on and will try to take advantage of Wanda's unstable condition. I think much of whats happening is Wanda's own doing but there seems to be an outside force maybe gentle steering things to go in a certain way. I think it's Agnes' husband which is often mentioned but never seen who is responsible.

Note how Wanda could not effect control of the babies when she tried to get them to stop crying. The children are obviously not of Wanda's own making (perhaps this gives credence to the whole Mephisto thing as we saw in the comics).

I think the either Reed Richards or Victor Von Doom will be showing up soon. Monica in episode references an aerospace engineer she knows and texts them. That is likely either going to be Reed Richards or Doom. Both are famous aerospace engineers in the Marvel Universe. Doom almost seems more likely to me because he also has an infinity to magic and a connection to Mephisto (if Mephisto is the unseen hand guiding things here). Of course if it is Von Doom who is called in and not Reed, with Doom now in the MCU Reed can't be far behind.

The Multiverse is starting to crack thanks to Wanda. Wanda in episode 5 said to her kids she couldn't bring back the dead (Vision doesn't count because he is a sythazoid). So Wanda couldn't bring her real brother back since he died in Age of Ultron, so instead she got the next best thing, and alternate universe version. This crack Wanda made I am sure will only get worse as time goes on spilling over into the next Spider-Man movie (keep in mind this series takes place just days after Avengers Endgame but before or during Spider-Man Far From Home) and have a climatic finish in the next Doctor Strange movie.

By the end of this season of WandaVision I expect Wanda will have gone off the deep end where she will likely regain control by the end of the Dr Strange movie. Vision will likely eventually be rebuilt without emotions possibly in his all white form, with perhaps Von Doom and or Reed Richards helping put him back together.

Whether Disney plans on bringing most the X-Men over from the Fox Universe to the MCU like we've seen with Quicksilver remains unknown. Kinda hard to believe they would use all the same actors from the X-Men Fox Universe in the MCU, but if it means we might see a Hugh Jackman MCU version of Wolverine then I would be for it.[/spoiler]

so we can agree that one of the following is controlling her:

1. Mephisto - obviously why if you read the comics.
  2. Agatha Harkness - maybe she is trying help Wanda coup.
  3. Nightmare - cause of you know the dream aspect of it and it's connection to the Dr. Strange 2
  4. Mojo - Not only because of the TV ascept but because Spoiler - Mojo have the ability to puck people from other dimensions which is why he could bring that Quicksilver to the MCU.
  5. Mr. Sinister - just throwing this one out there.

33 minutes ago, tarot said:

3. Nightmare - cause of you know the dream aspect of it and it's connection to the Dr. Strange 2
  4. Mojo - Not only because of the TV ascept but because Spoiler - Mojo have the ability to puck people from other dimensions which is why he could bring that Quicksilver to the MCU.

I would add Chthon to the list given his links to Wanda.

Marvel ahead of tomorrow's 6th episode of WandaVision which will premier on Disney+ has released a new video featurette for the series titled "Stay Tuned". The video features footage we have mostly seen already in either episodes that already aired or in other trailer clips for the series. However there is one part at the very end which features Wanda that I don't think we've seen before. It looks like perhaps she has repaired or brought back something we had thought to be lost. Give it a watch and let me know what you think about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

On 2/8/2021 at 8:28 AM, tarot said:

What about Arcade?  

On 2/7/2021 at 6:59 AM, leokearon said:

The people who died in Civil War were Wakandan not from New Jersey. It is more that likely that these are living people that are trapped in the bubble.

Nigerians, they were in Lagos. Still not in NJ, but wanted to point that out because I'm fun at parties.