New WandaVision News And Discussion

JayC

1 hour ago, JayC said:
Marvel ahead of tomorrow's 6th episode of WandaVision which will premier on Disney+ has released a new video featurette for the series titled "Stay Tuned". The video features footage we have mostly seen already in either episodes that already aired or in other trailer clips for the series. However there is one part at the very end which features Wanda that I don't think we've seen before. It looks like perhaps she has repaired or brought back something we had thought to be lost. Give it a watch and let me know what you think about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

We've seen the stone already in a few other trailers

14 minutes ago, leokearon said:

They were in Lagos, but the movie states the victims were Wakandan humanitarian workers 

You are absolutely right!!! Man, I'm glad I made a fool out of myself "correcting" you so that you would remind me of this! 

With today's episode being the sixth of nine, I thought we might hit the end of Act 2, but it looks like we have another episode yet before reaching that critical point. With that in mind, my expectation for the final three episodes is that the cliffhanger of Ep. 7 will reveal who the villainous mastermind who's been manipulating Wanda is. Episode 8 will have a massive exposition dump explaining who the Big Bad villain is, how he/she/it took over Wanda, and what's been going on behind the scenes. The finale will be the major showdown between the Villain and the heroes with the fate of Wanda's (re)created family hanging in the balance. 

Rumors started flying around the Internet this weekend stating the last 3 episodes of WandaVision would be 1 hour long instead of the typical 30 minutes that first 6 episodes ran for.

At this time there is no factual information to back this claim up which seems to be based purely on speculation. Back in January Marvel Studios' President Kevin Feige was quoted in one of his many interviews indicating that the first season of the WandaVision series would deliver a total of 6 hours worth of entertainment. So far with the first 6 episodes we have gotten a total of 3 hours worth, and based on listings there are only 3 episodes in season 1 left to air. Based on this people are making an assumptions that the remaining 3 episodes will be 1 hour each.

There has been no official word from Disney, Feige or anyone else however that this is in fact the case. With less than a week to go until episode 7 airs you would think there would be some kind of official word by now that it would be longer than the other episodes.

Assuming the quote from Feige that people are using to base all this this on turns out to be true, and there is still 3 hours worth of content to be shown for the show, its possible they could break that 3 hours up in multiple ways including having the final episode be 2 hours long like an actual movie. Or its also possible Feige misspoke about the total number of hours of content the show would deliver. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out we only get 5 hours of content with the final episode being 1 hour long.

Anyway right now I would take any reports of 1 hour long episodes starting this week for WandaVision with a grain of salt until Disney or Marvel make some kind of official announcement which I suspect would come very soon if any of this is true.

WandaVision-1hr.jpg

So I guess the new popular theory is that Pietro is actually Mephisto or Nightmare in disguise, because he seems to be there just to cause problems between Vision and Wanda and kinda corrupt the children.

I hope this isn't the case cuz I really do appreciate this version of Pietro over the previous MCU version. No disrespect to ATJ, but Evan Peters is just better at it, plain and simple. My feeling is that she actually plucked him from an alternate universe and as the one from the MCU is already dead, this version gets to stick around.

At any rate, it's clear Wanda is not completely in control. Whether that means someone's pulling her string directly or someone is driving her crazy, I don't think this thing is going to be completely resolved by the end of this series.

Considering each episode has a whopping 7 minutes of credits, I'd say we've gotten at most 2 hours and 20 minutes of on-screen entertainment so far. I'm thinking either Feige just plain misspoke, or he was factoring in all the time spent speculating outside of the show as "entertainment". 😉

For what it's worth, I'm enjoying the show even if its total runtime ends up being on par with Endgame.

And if we're throwing theories out there... I think Ultron is behind the Matrix-like sitcom simulation. All the clues pointing to Mephisto are red herrings for the die-hard comic fans.

On 2/7/2021 at 3:39 AM, tarot said:

I have a theory one Anges and the other people that know they are in a TV show, My theory is that they are already dead. Now you may be thinking, well that might be obvious but what if they are people that Wanda had killed herself? What if they are the people in the building that Wanda accidently exploded in Civil War? We have seen that she can create and revive people so it make sense that she would want to try and repent for taking their lives.

Good Theory or Bad Theory?

I don't know if its a good or bad theory, but its been noted several times in this show that there are swing sets, play grounds and the like, but no children. Not until the Halloween episode do we see a large group of kids, which of course is what you'd expect see in a typical suburban neighborhood setting during Halloween.

Even Quicksilver (if that's who he is, and personally I think its Mephisto  someone else) points this out.

SO....if these people are the re-animated dead from that building explosion, the kids we're seeing are just "filler" and not real at all, like holodeck constructs from Star Trek.

The problem with this is if those are office workers from that explosion in the building, which was in South Africa, why is Westview overwhelmingly populated with white neighbors?  Like most tv shows, Westview has the typical "one black" neighbor (Herb).  If those really are the reanimated dead from that office, more of them would have to be black. 

Curious....

9 hours ago, JayC said:

Rumors started flying around the Internet this weekend stating the last 3 episodes of WandaVision would be 1 hour long instead of the typical 30 minutes that first 6 episodes ran for.

That would be amazing, my main issue with the series is the fact that it's always so short even when it past full sitcom format since episode 4, I hope it's true.

One of the things I was wondering, do we think that by the end of this Show Billy and Tommy will be grown? or well Teenagers and sort of come into their Wiccan & Speed identity's? I feel like it might be, because it's any easy way too already get us 2 Young Avengers, and we know they are building to that.

also maybe this is a long shot, but anyone say whoa.. when the end of the road where the hex ends, is Ellis Avenue, seems like a nod to Magneto, being Magneto used Ellis Island in the first X-Men movie to use his machine to try and make the city mutants,, the Hex sort of feels similar,, even more so when Wanda starts moving it and it alters the people it touches , also with clearly Monica being altered because of the hex, which is clearly giving her powers, I had the idea that the Hex as it grows might make people powered/mutants.

also is Hayward Ultron?. could he be,, there was instances where Ultron disguised himself as human government agents to destroy the avengers.

There's too much evidence pointing to Young Avengers happening for the series to not end with Billy and Tommy grown. Miss America is debuting in Doctor Strange 2, Kate Bishop in Hawkeye, it's been rumored Patriot may be in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Scott Lang's daughter is now teenager instead of a little girl. We're also getting a Secret Invasion show that could very possibly introduce Hulkling as well. And while they aren't members of the team in the comics, we know we're also getting two additional teen heroes in Ms. Marvel and Ironheart. If a Young Avengers series isn't announced within the next year or two, I'd be shocked.

5 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

One of the things I was wondering, do we think that by the end of this Show Billy and Tommy will be grown? or well Teenagers and sort of come into their Wiccan & Speed identity's? I feel like it might be, because it's any easy way too already get us 2 Young Avengers, and we know they are building to that.

also maybe this is a long shot, but anyone say whoa.. when the end of the road where the hex ends, is Ellis Avenue, seems like a nod to Magneto, being Magneto used Ellis Island in the first X-Men movie to use his machine to try and make the city mutants,, the Hex sort of feels similar,, even more so when Wanda starts moving it and it alters the people it touches , also with clearly Monica being altered because of the hex, which is clearly giving her powers, I had the idea that the Hex as it grows might make people powered/mutants.

also is Hayward Ultron?. could he be,, there was instances where Ultron disguised himself as human government agents to destroy the avengers.

Hayward is gonna take a fall. Either Hill or Rambeau is going to take over SHIELD. I would hate for it to turn out that he's Ultron. We've done the Ultron thing already. Not that I'm totally against him coming back sometime in the future, but some of these returning villains need to step aside for some new blood.

We need some more mystical representation. My hearts not as set on Mephisto as some but I would like to see some reality bending villain. There are plenty of untapped baddies to go round.

I wasn't on board with the whole Mephisto thing until this most recent episode. I just didn't think they'd pull the trigger on him, however even that said I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up as Nightmare leading into Dr Strange 2.

I know a lot people are thinking Anges is Agatha Harkness. I don't know if she's directly responsible for everything though. She may be the reason things have happened, prehaps being the one that let Mephisto/Nightmare/The big bad into this reality.

15 hours ago, monron999 said:

Hayward is gonna take a fall. Either Hill or Rambeau is going to take over SHIELD. I would hate for it to turn out that he's Ultron. We've done the Ultron thing already. Not that I'm totally against him coming back sometime in the future, but some of these returning villains need to step aside for some new blood.

We need some more mystical representation. My hearts not as set on Mephisto as some but I would like to see some reality bending villain. There are plenty of untapped baddies to go round.

of course I agree it would be cooler if they had a new Villain, because it's always great to keep filling the universe, I also don't think it would be a bad thing to see Ultron return, I really liked him as a villain and thought he had far more potential and can really participate in many stories with the Avengers for time to come, he's Ultron he can technically just keep rebuilding himself and regenerating so to think he actually "died" ya nah, he holds such a huge worth to Wanda and her story as an avenger, this is one of the reasons why I contemplate Ultron may be a part of this Wandavision story, it's a full circle and new evolution for Wanda, and how better then to go up against the dude who made you become an Avenger and resulted in your brothers death, also..TV/technology.. seems Ultrony. I am probably wrong Ultron is gone and he has nothing to do with this, but I'm just putting some ideas in the air.

Disney+ has launched a new March 2021 previews video for the streaming service, and in it both WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier is heavily featured in it.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier being featured here is not terribly surprising since it was officially announced during the
Super Bowl a few weeks ago the series would premier on March 19.

For WandaVision, I can't help but notice in the video says new episodes as opposed to new episode for March. It was originally thought there would only be 9 episodes for the first season of WandaVison, which would make only one new episode premiering on the first Friday (3/5) in March.

As we reported the other day, there have been RUMORS circulating the net recently that the remaining 3 episodes of WandaVision would be 3 hours long. This was based entirely on a comment in January made by

Marvel Studios' President Kevin Feige who suggested the first season of WandaVision would contain 6 hours worth of content. If there were only 3 episodes left in season 1, the conclusion people jumped to was each episode would be 1 hour instead of the normal 30 minutes.

After seeing this trailer seemingly indicate multiple episodes of WandaVision are coming in March, it makes me wonder if perhaps there are more than 9 episodes for the show in season 1. Perhaps there are 10? If this was the case, I could see episodes 7 and 8, being 30 minutes long while episodes 9 and 10 being 1 hour long. That not only would give you the 6 hours of content as suggested by Feige

, it would also let the series finish the week before Falcon and the Winter Soldier premiered on the streaming service. This way there would be no gap for new Marvel programing on the streaming service.

Of course that is all just speculation and we will have to wait and see when Disney and Marvel make some kind of official announcement about the remaining episodes of the show.

Disney+ today released a new clip promoting tomorrow's (2/18) 7th episode of for WandaVison. The clip is titled “We’ve All Been There”.

I should note that there has still been no indication by Disney or Marvel that we will see tomorrow's episode run any significant time longer than the previous ones despite continued rumors circulating suggesting the last 3 episodes would be 1 hour long.

Wanda-Vision-Season7-Clip.png

On 2/16/2021 at 7:09 AM, Hordak Rules said:

I wasn't on board with the whole Mephisto thing until this most recent episode. I just didn't think they'd pull the trigger on him, however even that said I wouldn't be surprised at all if it ends up as Nightmare leading into Dr Strange 2.

Frankly I never, ever liked that whole Wanda having kids out of thin air/Mephisto's constructs/etc. from the comics, and really don't care for the "young avengers" at all, but there it is. With all the other obvious ties to the comic storyline, its not surprising that Mephisto could play some part in this show. Having Nightmare swapped out for Mephisto gets Dr. Strange, yes, but its a left-field kind of thing. And it may not be related at all but I keep thinking about the Marvel Legends upcoming Bring On the Bad Guys wave, and how most of the baddies from that cover are either already done or about to be. Mephisto's one of those left. It would be a nice tie-in to the show and the action figure line if he makes an appearance.