New WandaVision News And Discussion

JayC

Disney+ has released an new extended clip for tomorrow's 4th episode of WandaVision and with it we see some familiar faces. In the clip we see
the character Monica Rambeau which we last saw in the Captain Marvel movie as well as former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent James "Jimmy" Woo from the Ant-Man movie. Finally we get a brief look at Kat Dennings Darcy Lewis character who we last saw in the Thor movies.

Well, I'm in no way as "blown away" by this show as the critics. They've been jawboning Disney for years so I take anything they say with a massive salt block. I am however, very intrigued by this show. It's very well done and though it doesn't mimick older shows as well as some others have it still gets the general feeling across. As others have said I think they're making it intentionally "bad" just to show how impossible this strange little world they're in is. That weird, creepy, funny feeling really keeps you hanging on for the next shot......then it's over. Episodes are very short if you compare to Netflix shows or Hulu so it's over by the time you start to engage. I'm willing to see this through just to find out WTF is going on. I just hope it's not a let down.

I still maintain that this is some kinda containment built for her, not by her. I think three factions involved with SWORD containing her and SHIELD trying to free her and a third party trying to use her. Wanda realizes there is something strange going on but due to the fact that she can manipulate, change and "rewind" the world to her liking, she's happy to stay in it. I think all parties are gonna find out, the hard way, that it might not be that great an idea to try and pull her out of this perfect little world she's come accustomed to.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

Well, I'm in no way as "blown away" by this show as the critics. They've been jawboning Disney for years so I take anything they say with a massive salt block. I am however, very intrigued by this show. It's very well done and though it doesn't mimick older shows as well as some others have it still gets the general feeling across. As others have said I think they're making it intentionally "bad" just to show how impossible this strange little world they're in is. That weird, creepy, funny feeling really keeps you hanging on for the next shot......then it's over. Episodes are very short if you compare to Netflix shows or Hulu so it's over by the time you start to engage. I'm willing to see this through just to find out WTF is going on. I just hope it's not a let down.

I still maintain that this is some kinda containment built for her, not by her. I think three factions involved with SWORD containing her and SHIELD trying to free her and a third party trying to use her. Wanda realizes there is something strange going on but due to the fact that she can manipulate, change and "rewind" the world to her liking, she's happy to stay in it. I think all parties are gonna find out, the hard way, that it might not be that great an idea to try and pull her out of this perfect little world she's come accustomed to.

Yes, i think the ep strongly hinted that Wanda is being influenced to some degree (recall that Darcy observed that some of the eps were being 'censored' by an unknown entity, while we saw the reality from within sitcom world in previous episodes).  Its possible Wanda is not only being influenced by said entity but also that its boosting her power levels, although it could just be that she was always this powerful but didn't know it. 

Also while we saw a lot of the "townspeople's" true identities i don't think they came up with one for Kathyrn Hahn's character (the nosy neighbor married to Ralph) and she seems to know more than she's letting on.

I'm still very much enjoying the show but continue to understand why some folks don't dig it.  I do think the covid delays have made people more itchy than usual for traditional mcu adventures - if this series were coming out after we'd already gotten Widow, Eternals, and maybe even Falcon & Winter Soldier, people might be more open to this more out-there series. 

otoh almost everything in this episode could've been inferred from events in previous eps (the ending of ep 3 especially suggested what was going on) so i wonder if people will find this episode to be kind of wheel spinning, or if people will be annoyed that the series didn't draw out the mystery a bit longer (although as noted there are still a lot of questions about what is happening).  

At least this ep blew away some of the half-baked theories  i've been reading ("The guy in the Beekeeper suit is A.I.M.!"  "They're in the framework from Agents of SHIELD!" "Its BARF technology from Spidey: Far from Home!" etc)

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

On the plus side, it looks like we will getting some answers to what is going on

Looks like I spoke to soon. This was a really solid episode. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of S.W.O.R.D. in general and the REAL Monica Rambeau in particular as the D+/MCU shows go on. Maybe they could even make her a regular staple ala Claire Temple from Netflix/Marvel.

22 minutes ago, mako said:

Looks like I spoke to soon. This was a really solid episode. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of S.W.O.R.D. in general and the REAL Monica Rambeau in particular as the D+/MCU shows go on. Maybe they could even make her a regular staple ala Claire Temple from Netflix/Marvel.

It's been rumoured/reported that Monica will be appearing in Captain Marvel 2.

Maybe we need an Agents of S.W.O.R.D show

This newest episode was really good, it's all starting to make more sense, and it's really developing, things are getting explained, everyone who is on the fence I think won't be any more once they see this newer episode it really changes the vibe/pace here.

On 1/29/2021 at 10:29 AM, leokearon said:

Maybe we need an Agents of S.W.O.R.D show

It's funny you mention that. This episode kinda reminded me of the early (better) days of Agents of SHIELD . . . before they went all timey, whimey, outer space.

As for Wanda, I hope they have at least one more twist coming, and this ISN'T what everyone thinks it is, cause that would be kind of a disappointment.

18 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

This newest episode was really good, it's all starting to make more sense, and it's really developing, things are getting explained, everyone who is on the fence I think won't be any more once they see this newer episode it really changes the vibe/pace here.

Unfortunately, I know a few people who got off the fence and quit watching after the second episode.

1 hour ago, Satam said:

Unfortunately, I know a few people who got off the fence and quit watching after the second episode.

Yeah I think a good handful of people expected something explosive and in the vein of what we are used to from MCU media, and that wasn't what we got with the first 3 episodes of Wandavision, so a lot of folks just said..nope not scratching the itch, which is unfortunate that they had no patience. I mean it's Marvel of course it's going to ramp up.

10 hours ago, mako said:

It's funny you mention that. This episode kinda reminded me of the early (better) days of Agents of SHIELD . . . before they went all timey, whimey, outer space.

As for Wanda, I hope they have at least one more twist coming, and this ISN'T what everyone thinks it is, cause that would be kind of a disappointment.

We are just reaching the halfway point, I'm betting there are still plenty of twists to come. 

12 hours ago, leokearon said:

We are just reaching the halfway point, I'm betting there are still plenty of twists to come. 

I hope so. One of the things I really love about the show is how it uses weird visuals and provocative little hints to forward the mystery element. It almost reminds me of classic old shows like The Prisoner, that had similar vibe.

If there was one weak point to that last episode, it was that they gave us to many answers. Then again, this is a short form series, without the luxury of a full season to tease the audience.

Finally an episode that's grabbing my attention and reviving my hopes for a good show.  I'm very curious though at how Monica survived getting blasted thru various different walls without sustaining crippling injuries. I still don't see how the Vision could ever be considered "dead" when he's not technically even alive, although I did really really like the fact that the SWORD agency is definitively referring to the MCU "snap" event (or "blip"). The Netflix series strongly hinted in some cases and kinda waffled in others. Anyway! They've got me really ready to see the next episode. 

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

I'm very curious though at how Monica survived getting blasted thru various different walls without sustaining crippling injuries.

Keep in mind, those walls were within Wanda's "Reality," where she apparently can alter any and all natural laws to her whim. Basically, Monica survived because Wanda didn't want her dead . . . just off her "show."