The Avengers Infinity War Marvel Legends The Children of Thanos 6" Boxset Video Review And Images

JayC

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Avengers Infinity War Marvel Legends 6" The Children of Thanos Boxset from Hasbro. The set which is being sold as a Amazon exclusive includes updated figures of Thanos, Proxima Midnight, Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, and Cull Obsidian.

Check out images for this set below in our IMAGE GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Children-Of-Thanos-01.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-02.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-03.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-04.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-05.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-06.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-07.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-08.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-09.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-10.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-11.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-12.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-13.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-14.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-15.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-16.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-17.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-18.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-19.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-20.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-21.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-22.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-23.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-24.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-25.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-26.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-27.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-28.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-29.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-30.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-31.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-32.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-33.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-34.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-35.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-36.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-37.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-38.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-39.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-40.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-41.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-42.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-43.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-44.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-45.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-46.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-47.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-48.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-49.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-50.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-51.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-52.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-53.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-54.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-55.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-56.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-57.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-58.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-59.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-60.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-61.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-62.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-63.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-64.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-65.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-66.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-67.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-68.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-69.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-70.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-71.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-72.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-73.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-74.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-75.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-76.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-77.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-78.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-79.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-80.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-81.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-82.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-83.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-84.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-85.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-86.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-87.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-88.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-89.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-90.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-91.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-92.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-93.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-94.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-95.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-96.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-97.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-98.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-99.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-100.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-101.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-102.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-103.JPG

Children-Of-Thanos-104.JPG

1 hour ago, Joao said:

For me hasbro has a lack of respect for the collectors because we make an effort to collect when the figures are released and then after some time they release the same figures with better paint and accessories 

It's not a lack of respect, it's business. Hasbro need MCU figures on the shelves in time for the movies, however the only reference material they would have, would be concept art which of course changes as the movie progresses. So they can either release figures and get the valued sales for when the movie comes out or make more accurate figures but the buzz will have died down and interest may not be as strong.

To answer the glaring question in it's simplicity, no it wasn't worth buying the entire set just for the Cull Obsidian that everyone wanted, but I did anyway and I'll be so happy to have it and be so bitterly ashamed that I paid for it at the same time.

As for those who are angry we didn't be the correct figures during the first go-round, I'm with you but I also understand what Hasbro had to do to get these out on time. It's not really any fault of their own that some characters went through major redesign after the reference art was given to them. What does bother me as that we had to do the entire set. I woulda been completely happy if they had just done a Proxima & Corvus (cuz he was so HTF) Husband and Wife set and sold Cull Obsidian as a Deluxe set with the new Ebony Maw head sculpt packed in. I'm sure they had a few options on the board, and they just decided to sweeten the pot with the burnt arm and snapping hand (finally) and decided to make as much money on this thing as possible. And I'll be damned if it didn't work. They got me after a few weeks, even months of going back and forth. In the end I decided to give myself a Christmas present. Damnit!

8 hours ago, leokearon said:

It's not a lack of respect, it's business. Hasbro need MCU figures on the shelves in time for the movies, however the only reference material they would have, would be concept art which of course changes as the movie progresses. So they can either release figures and get the valued sales for when the movie comes out or make more accurate figures but the buzz will have died down and interest may not be as strong.

Yeah i think even if the fan demand is there for more accurate figures after the movie comes out,  the big B&M retailers are very reluctant to stock them at that point, at least here in the states.  Hence something like this set being an amazon exclusive.

It IS kind of lame that the only way to get a new Cull figure is to buy this entire set or pay crazy aftermarket prices on ebay, but can't really blame Hasbro. Had Disney stuck with the version from the reference art they provided hasbro, there wouldn't be an issue. But  I don't think Cull on his own is popular enough to merit a deluxe release, particular since new parts are involved rather than it being a straight repaint. 

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

Yeah i think even if the fan demand is there for more accurate figures after the movie comes out,  the big B&M retailers are very reluctant to stock them at that point, at least here in the states.  Hence something like this set being an amazon exclusive.

It IS kind of lame that the only way to get a new Cull figure is to buy this entire set or pay crazy aftermarket prices on ebay, but can't really blame Hasbro. Had Disney stuck with the version from the reference art they provided hasbro, there wouldn't be an issue. But  I don't think Cull on his own is popular enough to merit a deluxe release, particular since new parts are involved rather than it being a straight repaint. 

It is also lame that the only way to get a Corvus Glaive is through a multi-pack

I get why this might make people frustrated. $120 is a lot to drop at once. But it is definitely worth it if you consider the aftermarket prices of all those figures and Cull’s new sculpt. I do think that overall every one of these figures is much improved, though they could have given Corvus something new aside from the paint job. As someone who collects by movie, I’ll stick the new figures on the Infinity War shelf and put the old ones on the Endgame one, but I can see why people who only have one set of the figures might not want to buy them again.

I love this set. I knew I was ordering when I saw the write up of what they were releasing.  My only suggestion to giving it lower price point was having the snapping  Hand , Burt arm & head as individual pack in pieces. Thanos, even with these pieces is the clear #5 in the set.

My next wish is another Thanos box set. This time with final battle Thor, Iron Man, and Cap. All with appropriate battle damage and a snapping gauntlet hand for Tony.. 

On 12/22/2020 at 9:35 PM, Joao said:

For me hasbro has a lack of respect for the collectors because we make an effort to collect when the figures are released and then after some time they release the same figures with better paint and accessories 

These guys are in the business of making money, bottom line. If they can put out a line of figures, then re-release that exact same line but with a tweak here and there....and collectors buy them...that's on the collectors, it isn't lack of respect (their insistence on doing exclusives when we've already seen a terrible performance, THAT's lack of respect).  Frankly some people do want Storm in her white outfit and her black outfit. Some people bought the Kingpin BAF even though they hated spending cash on figures they didnt want, but "had" to, in order to complete the BAF. And then when the "deluxe" model came out, those same people bought that one too.

Some collectors live in areas where Marvel Legends distribution is poor, and they weren't able to get the Black Order; now they can. 

One more thing to consider: Hasbro doesn't always re-release figures. The collector who banks on this or that figure getting another release in 1-2 years is taking a big risk.  Hasbro took almost 20 years to make a comic accurate Ultron. 

I think movie people should spent little bit more time on deciding which concept art designs they wanna use, so many mismatches and its happening over and over again for the last 10 years, which already becomes annoying, I get the idea that director might want to make some changes but at least they could try to be true to the designs they decide upon. 

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

I think movie people should spent little bit more time on deciding which concept art designs they wanna use, so many mismatches and its happening over and over again for the last 10 years, which already becomes annoying, I get the idea that director might want to make some changes but at least they could try to be true to the designs they decide upon. 

They would be true to the designs they decide to upon, but remember they are concept not final designs. Things change including what they want as it may not be viable in real life. Also Hasbro don't get to choose what concept art they get, the Studio does and those designs can come very early in the process.

• 3 months later...

6 hours ago, WeaponXXX said:

Really after I just paid $200 for it on ebay literally just got it a few days ago oh well 😂

Happens to me all the time... I wait and wait for the best deal then within weeks.. days ... that item gets another release for the MSRP.. Ah well, it’s a tricky game balancing wants, needs and frivolous items..

18 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

It is creeping up fast in price again in Amazon...this set is really in demand it seems.

Just searched that set on Amazon they have it listed for $119 right next to another listing at $224