Costume Poll 4: Quasar

leokearon

Costume Poll 4: Quasar  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Costume should they use for Quasar?

• Marvel Boy/Man
    • Quasar #1
    • Quasar #2 (Mar-Vell inspired)
    • Quasar #3 (Avengers)
    • Quasar #4 (Annihilators)

Next costume poll we move unto the Cosmic Avengers and protector of the Universe; Wendell Vaughan aka Quasar. As always pick the costume you would like to see Hasbro do first

Marvel Boy/Man

spacer.png

Quasar #1

quasar-costumelarge02.jpg

Quasar #2 (Mar-Vell inspired)

quasar-costumelarge03.jpg

Quasar #3 (Avengers)

quasar-costumelarge04.jpg

Quasar #4 (Annihilators)

quasar-costumelarge05.jpg

Annihilators, easily.  Almost everything we have that's from the cosmic corner of the Marvel Universe is Annihilation era, so this costume will fit much better with those figures.  Plus most of the other looks come across as dated since they're inspired heavily by their eras.  

I had to go with Quasar #3 (Avengers).  It's how I knew him first and best, which, admittedly, is not super well.  If I'm reading Quasar in a comic book, it's usually a guest appearance kind of thing.

I would put Quasar #4 (Annihilators) in second place, followed by Quasar #1.  I definitely want all three of those figures, though.  The Captain Marvel-inspired look is a cool design, but just kind of halfway between a bunch of other costumes to my eye, and doesn't do much for me.  I would be in for a Marvel Boy as well, but I'd want it to be Bob Grayson.

Hey, Hasbro, here's a challenge: make a figure with interchangeable legs from the bottom of the trunks to the tops of the boots so we can display him as either/or.

3 is the most recognized in my opinion, and I love it.. sleek look, iconic... 

but I voted 1. The first 20 or so of Quasars solo series were a fun read and really came to love him  in this look. And technically he first joined the Avengers in this suit. His valiant effort to save Avengers island ( hydro- base)  were all for naught but he truly came into his own in this comic. Plus odds are when he gets a Legend it will be #3.. no harm in hoping if he ever gets a 2nd version it will be his #1 look..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...