Marvel Legends Deluxe Thanos Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Deluxe Thanos figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY

and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Deluxe-Thanos-01.jpg

Deluxe-Thanos-02.jpg

Deluxe-Thanos-03.jpg

Deluxe-Thanos-04.jpg

Deluxe-Thanos-05.jpg

Deluxe-Thanos-06.jpg

Deluxe-Thanos-07.jpg

Deluxe-Thanos-08.jpg

Deluxe-Thanos-09.jpg

Deluxe-Thanos-10.jpg

Deluxe-Thanos-11.jpg

Instead of a King Thanos head sculpt, he should've come with a closed mouth or gritted teeth classic alternate head sculpt.  Hope Hasbro includes it with some future cosmic wave figure. Otherwise, the long awaited version I've been asking for these past 20 yrs as I never bought the outta scale clunky MS version.

11 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I do wish there was a head with a neutral expression included in this but I did pre-order it the day it was announced. This is definitely replacing my Select version. 

Yeah, if Hasbro want to include facial expressions, they should also include a neutral head

9 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Yeah, if Hasbro want to include facial expressions, they should also include a neutral head

Have to agree. Most of the time you see him in the comics, he's certainly not smiling. Its not a deal killer but it is odd they chose that look. Conversely, the Vulture is usually shown as a bitter angry old man, yet they went with a gleeful demented face. Go figure.

10 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Have to agree. Most of the time you see him in the comics, he's certainly not smiling. Its not a deal killer but it is odd they chose that look. Conversely, the Vulture is usually shown as a bitter angry old man, yet they went with a gleeful demented face. Go figure.

Let's not forget screaming his head off all the time Thunderstrike

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

I honestly would have preferred that over the alternate head that they included. While Thanos does sneer a lot in the comics it would have been nice to shelve him neutral. Still, I do have to say that at least the gritted face is an excellent sculpt.

16 hours ago, Gigantor said:

thanos.thumb.gif.435603f3d5f9d5bc2bab12b4b988d98c.gifthanos_vs_hulk_byrne_by_namorsubmariner-d66htmm.thumb.jpg.d4b6d157657ae7021fa61469ab7f20a9.jpgThis figure is perfection as far as it being exactly the right costume, the perfect scale & right build. Took close to 20yrs, but us classic Thanos fans finally got the perfect rendition of the mad Titan in  ML 6' scale. How any of you ever thought the MS version was good, is beyond me.

I liked the MS because it was the closest to classic Thanos we had even if he was a bit too big. That said, the minute this went for pre-order my MS started packing his things. It looks like it walked right off the pages of Infinity Gauntlet. 

Great looking figure, great paint apps, super accurate sculpting but that elbow range is laughably bad, especially when you NEED ability to use that articulation for the gauntlet.  We know they can do it, they did it with Comic book hulk and Movie Smart Hulk even had great double jointed elbows, it's especially infuriating when you realize how perfect this figure looks. 

3 hours ago, SpiderS said:

Great looking figure, great paint apps, super accurate sculpting but that elbow range is laughably bad, especially when you NEED ability to use that articulation for the gauntlet.  We know they can do it, they did it with Comic book hulk and Movie Smart Hulk even had great double jointed elbows, it's especially infuriating when you realize how perfect this figure looks. 

Your comment made me go back and rewatch the video and you're right. It's actually more remarkable how little the arm can move. Personally, I don't need him to do much but that is pretty weak when 80th Hulk can do almost anything with his articulation.

11 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Pertaining to the limited ROM in Thanos arms, you have to understand that Thanos is extremely thick & massive so Hasbro just sculpted the figure as he is drawn by the 2-3 artists that he is most known for, Starlin, Lim & Perez. All 3 drew a muscularly thick & massive looking Thanos. 

It makes sense when you think of a massive guy like that not really having much bend anyway. It's just an odd choice considering bigger figures/characters have a lot better range. Personally, all he needs to do is be able to punch or stand there looking up at the gems so I'm good with it. And ill take it if it means it looks like Perez/Lim drew him. They're 2 of my favorite artists of all time. 

19 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

It makes sense when you think of a massive guy like that not really having much bend anyway. It's just an odd choice considering bigger figures/characters have a lot better range. Personally, all he needs to do is be able to punch or stand there looking up at the gems so I'm good with it. And ill take it if it means it looks like Perez/Lim drew him. They're 2 of my favorite artists of all time. 

Thanos as rendered by the great George Perez

76JwJt1.jpgyiLd1VF.jpg

Exactly, Thanos is not some lithe Martial artist that needs to do the Van Dam splits or cartwheels, he can fight with the best of them, but he is a bruiser & will be able to be put in all the positions needed to make him look awesome.  People forget he also has the ability to fire cosmic concussive blast from his hands & fire concussive beams from his eyes.

iu6NiIK.jpg

26 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Exactly, Thanos is not some lithe Martial artist that needs to do the Van Dam splits or cartwheels, he can fight with the best of them, but he is a bruiser & will be able to be put in all the positions needed to make him look awesome.  People forget he also has the ability to fire cosmic concussive blast from his hands & fire concussive beams from his eyes.

iu6NiIK.jpg

True. He's more likely to kick someone in the stomach than in the head. Also, you're gonna have to stop posting all these awesome images. I'm already way too amped for this figure. 

58 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

True. He's more likely to kick someone in the stomach than in the head. Also, you're gonna have to stop posting all these awesome images. I'm already way too amped for this figure. 

Can't help it. Thanos & Ultron are my all time top 3 Avengers villains & I have wanted classic OG versions of them since 2002 when Toy Biz made the 1st ML figures.  Can't wait to get both in 21'. Now Hasbro has to make my 3rd most favorite Avengers villain.

Count-Nefaria.thumb.jpg.408ce6f42788d89b18c4a1499539d05b.jpg

34 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Can't help it. Thanos & Ultron are my all time top 3 Avengers villains & I have wanted classic OG versions of them since 2002 when Toy Biz made the 1st ML figures.  Can't wait to get both in 21'. Now Hasbro has to make my 3rd most favorite Avengers villain.

Oh man, Nefaria would be incredible. I hope it happens some day. Ultron is one of my favorite Avengers villains so the upcoming release is a dream come true. Him and Kang are my big ones so this year has been good to me.

5 hours ago, Gigantor said:

It is still surprising that they haven't done the Count yet