Spider-Man's New Costume Revealed In Amazing Spider-Man #61

JayC

Over the years, Spider-Man has donned a host of iconic costumes from his classics digs to the black suit to Iron Spider. Now in 2021, everyone’s favorite wallcrawler will get a brand-new costume to add to his legendary wardrobe! Designed by superstar artist Dustin Weaver, this vibrant new look is unlike any that Peter Parker has worn before. The mysterious look can be seen on Weaver’s incredible variant covers for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #62 and April’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #63.

“This design was really a collaborative effort between Nick Spencer, Editor Nick Lowe, and I. They reined in the weirder and more techy features I was bringing and helped create something that I think is simple and both futuristic and classical,” Weaver said. “I can't wait to see Patrick Gleason really bring it to life!

Following the traumatic events of Sin’s Rising, Peter Parker will wear this new suit for his faceoff against Kingpin in the next arc of writer Nick Spencer’s hit run. Discover the mystery behind this top-secret costume when AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #61 and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #62 swing into shops this March!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #62
Written by NICK SPENCER
Art and Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
Design Variant Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
On Sale March 2021!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #63
Written by NICK SPENCER
Art and Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
Variant Cover by DUSTIN WEAVER
On Sale April 2021!

Amazing-Spider-Man-63.jpg

Agree with all the above.. just terrible. It’s new for news sake. Reminds me if the PS4 suit with the oddly white spider with zero detailing that gave it an unfinished look.. not sure why, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. 

May be one the minority here but it’s time that Marvel, DC, etc just leave the costume changes be..

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Agree with all the above.. just terrible. It’s new for news sake. Reminds me if the PS4 suit with the oddly white spider with zero detailing that gave it an unfinished look.. not sure why, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. 

May be one the minority here but it’s time that Marvel, DC, etc just leave the costume changes be..

1 hour ago, anthonywayne said:

Why do they keep trying to improve on the classic design? It can't be done. And this one is...not even close to the best attempt.

Yes to both of these. Costume changes never work out. Just leave them alone and tell a story. You're never going to top those classic designs. 

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Spot on, this is exactly what I thought about it.

5 hours ago, McHogan said:

If it ain't broke, don't Effin fix it! My God, these people are just saying , "to he'll with what Stan/Ditko did, we're gonna do whatever we freaking want with these characters" You think Shooter woulda allowed this BS! This was made to sell a figure & by Summer, they'll go back to the classic look when sales are bombing on this.

38 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

If it ain't broke, don't Effin fix it! My God, these people are just saying , "to he'll with what Stan/Ditko did, we're gonna do whatever we freaking want with these characters" You think Shooter woulda allowed this BS! This was made to sell a figure & by Summer, they'll go back to the classic look when sales are bombing on this.

The press release that you can see in JayC's OP very noticeably implies the suit is specific for one (1) storyarc: "Peter Parker will wear this new suit for his faceoff against Kingpin in the next arc."

Jesus Christ, save this kind of complaining for something that actually damages the character. They're just changing his clothes for like four issues, not revealing his girlfriend cheated on him with his nemesis.

ITT: Grumpy old men shake their walking sticks at a perfectly fine costume that happens to hit zero nostalgia notes, but which they know is a specialized costume for a specific circumstance, the way Spidey has adopted specialized costumes for specific circumstances for most of his career. 🙂 It's gonna be fine, everyone. I really don't understand why some of you put so much energy into following characters you wish were frozen in time. They'd actually be frozen in time if you just ignored all this stuff.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

ITT: Grumpy old men shake their walking sticks at a perfectly fine costume that happens to hit zero nostalgia notes, but which they know is a specialized costume for a specific circumstance, the way Spidey has adopted specialized costumes for specific circumstances for most of his career. 🙂 It's gonna be fine, everyone. I really don't understand why some of you put so much energy into following characters you wish were frozen in time. They'd actually be frozen in time if you just ignored all this stuff.

Amazing, I was just gonna write a post complaining about ignorant kids with no sense of history accepting any and all changes that come down the pike, no matter how GOD-AWFUL, just because they're changes.

As for being frozen in time? It may be a little beyond your scope, but there IS a reason the old red and blues are still around. Dry a little of the wet behind those ears and you'll figure that out.

A year from now: "Hey, all you AKtion figure enthusiasts out there, JC here with another TNI toy review, and today we're gonna take a look at Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man in the new Dustin Weaver designed costume! If you remember this was a big hit with the Marvelous News forum....."