Marvel Legends 2021 - What We Know And What We Think We Know Is Coming So Far In The New Year

JayC

Marvel Legends 2021 - What We Know And What We Think We Know Is Coming So Far In The New Year

Jay Cochran - January 02, 2021 [ edit post ]
Happy%20New%20Years%20Marvel__scaled_600.jpg

With 2020 now in the rear-view mirror, and a whole slew of new Marvel Legends products coming in 2021, I thought now was as good as any time to do an updated "What We Know, And What We Think We Know" segment. In these segments I try to recap all the reported confirmed and unconfirmed rumors of Marvel Legends product Hasbro will be releasing in the coming months.

Before we get to the recap, I do want to note that it looks like the next "official" Hasbro Marvel Legends reveal will becoming on Monday, January 11. Normally there is a new Marvel Legends reveal made on the first Monday of each month, but from what I can tell for January, that has been pushed to the second Monday of the month, likely due to the recent Holidays and people being off. I am not able to tell you what the reveal on the 11th will be, but I do believe a clue for it can be found in the "Happy New Years" image above. And it's not anything mentioned down below.

Ok so lets start off going over everything that has yet to be released, but has been "OFFICIALLY" confirmed by Hasbro. Truthfully this is the smaller portion of the article, since recently by the time Hasbro gets around to announcing it, it starts seeing release. Things like the Spider-Man Stiltman BAF wave, Deluxe Thanos and Firestar figures that Hasbro only announced a short time ago have already started showing up. Hell you may recall that the Avengers Mr. Fixit BAF wave started hitting shelves a week after Hasbro announced it. The two most recent items to show up are the Firestar and Deluxe Thanos figures.

07__scaled_600.jpg

You can check out our first review of Firestar HERE.

08__scaled_600.jpg

And our first review of the new Deluxe Thanos HERE.

So probably the next thing we can expect to start showing up is the newly announced

X-Men House Of X Tri-Sentinel wave. This wave includes figures based on the House Of X/Power of X Marvel Comics story-line. The figures in the wave are as follows:

12__scaled_600.jpg

Professor X figure
-Pair of alternate hands
-Alternate head sculpt
-BAF Piece

Cyclops figure
-Alternate head sculpt
-Blast effect
-BAF Piece

Magneto figure
-2 Pairs of alternate hands
-BAF Piece

Jean Grey figure
-Pair of alternate hands
-Krakoan flower pod
-BAF Piece

Moira MacTaggert figure
-Pair of alternate arms
-Alternate head sculpt
-Book
-Scarf
-BAF Piece

Omega Sentinel figure
-Alternate head sculpt
-Pair of alternate forearms
-BAF Piece

Wolverine figure
-Alternate head sculpt

The Build-A-Figure is the Tri-Sentinel. You can pre-order these now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

11__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro has also confirmed that they will be releasing a Marvel Legends 6" Mega Deluxe M.O.D.O.K. figure that will cost $50. This is the most expensive Deluxe figure Hasbro has done to date. This one is also available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

13__scaled_600.jpg

For exclusives we know that there will be a new Deadpool 2 Movie burned version coming to Amazon in March. You can still pre-order that one through our Amazon affiliate link.

18__scaled_600.jpg

Walgreens in the US and EB Games in Canada will be getting a new Fallen Silver Surfer figure coming in early Spring. That one has yet to go up for pre-order.

19__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro also revealed that the theme for this years Walgreens exclusives would be a "Cosmic" one. Following the Silver Surfer will be a new Classic NOVA figure. What follows NOVA remains unknown at this time.

Beyond that, Hasbro has given us a few hints/teases for whats to come. We know there will be a new sculpted figure that will have a tail coming. My GUESS for that is an updated Tigra figure, but I really have absolutely no idea on that one. Since they specifically used the words newly sculpted figure

in their clue, that suggests to me that this will be a new updated figure of one already released as opposed to a figure of a character never released before.

16__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro also told us that we will be seeing a Cannonball figure with legs in 2021. It's unknown if this will be the same X-Force figure we just got, only with legs as opposed to the blast-off effect, or something else entirely. Maybe a New Mutants version???

17__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro also revealed that we will be getting a new Classic Ultron figure sometime in 2021. I will be talking more about that one down below in the RUMOR portion of the article.

Finally Hasbro has confirmed that they are doing an all-villains "Bring On The Bad Guys" wave this year. The three figures officially confirmed for this wave include Arcade, Dormammu and A.I.M.'s Scientist Supreme.

01__scaled_600.jpg

02__scaled_600.jpg

Bring-On-The-Bad-Guys-03__scaled_600.jpg

Ok so that brings us to the UNOFFICIAL RUMOR portion of the article. Nothing beyond this point has been OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED by Hasbro. That being said, I personally feel pretty confident in these rumors being legit, otherwise I wouldn't be presenting them to you. Still as I always say, until Hasbro does officially confirm this stuff, well you know.

09__scaled_600.jpg

So lets start things off by going back to that Classic Ultron figure we know is coming. While Hasbro didn't tell us how or where it would be released, my info suggests it will be part of a new Iron Man themed wave. The Build-A-Figure for the wave is not known at this time, but the regular figures in the wave look to include the following:

- Classic Ultron

- Darkstar (Unknown if this will feature her classic look or a more modern one)

- Iron Man Modular Armor

- Iron Heart

- Guardsman (My info was not clear if this will be just a regular classic Guardsman or possibly a more specific version like maybe Curtis Elkins who was part of The Jury.

Granted the Sentry version would seemingly be more fitting for a Venom themed wave, but we will have to see.)

Hologram - (The assumption is that this will be an Iron Man figure, possibly the more modern Model 68 version.)

Iron Man Stealth - (There have been several versions of the Stealth Armor featured in the comics over the years, and I have no idea which specific one the figure will actually be based on. My best guess would be that they will repaint the recent Alex Ross Iron Man figure with stealth colors, but we will have to wait and see.)

05__scaled_600.jpg

Lets also finish up what I think will be the remaining three figures in the Bring On The Bad Guys wave. Again the Build-A-Figure is unknown, but the regular figures in the wave look to include Arcade, Dormammu, A.I.M.'s Scientist Supreme, Hydra Supreme, Lady Deathstrike, the Hood and Victor Von Doom. The exact versions we will get for some of these like Hydra Supreme and Victor Von Doom are UNKNOWN.

Doom-37__scaled_600.jpg

Last year Hasbro released a Retro Fantastic Four Doctor Doom figure as a single release. There should be a full wave of Fantastic Four Retro figures coming in 2021, however I don't have any specific details on what figures will be included at this time.

Now on to the Movie and TV stuff, much of which was originally supposed to be released in 2020, but got delayed due to the Pandemic. If you want to AVOID ANY KIND OF MOVIE/TV SPOILERS, then you should STOP reading here.

03__scaled_600.jpg

While Hasbro hasn't officially confirmed the figures for the MCU Eternals movie wave, we know what they are, because images of the figures have already leaked out. This wave was originally slated for released this past summer but got pushed when the movie did. The Eternals movie is now slated with a

November 5, 2021 release, which means we probably won't officially see these figures on shelves until we get closer to that date. The regular wave of figures which you can check out images of HERE will include the following:

- Ikaris who will be played by actor Richard Madden
- Sersi who will be played by actress Gemma Chan
- Makkari who will be played by actress Lauren Ridloff
- Sprite who will be played by actress Lia McHugh
- Phastos who will be played by actor Brian Tyree Henry
- Kingo who will be played by actor Kumail Nanjiani
- Druig who will be played by actor Barry Keoghan

The Build-A-Figure will be Gilgamesh.

We also know there will be a Deluxe Eternals Kro figure, and some kind of store exclusive single release of Ajak.

04__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro has pretty much said we can expect a wave of figures for the upcoming Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings movie, but hasb't given us any details about what figures we will see in it. Youtuber rektangular first reported, which I have seen additional info to further confirm, the wave will include the following figures:

-Shang-Chi
-Civil Warrior
-Death Dealer
-Iron Man
-Leiku Wu
-Mei Ling

Shang-Chi, Leiku Wu and Mei Ling are all speculated to be movie based while the rest will likely be comic based. Once again the Build-A-Figure for the wave is unknown.

06__scaled_600.jpg

There should also be at least 1, though likely 2 waves of Disney+ themed Marvel figures coming in 2021. The first wave which we will likely see around June time frame is slated to include the following:

- USAgent
- Loki
- Baron Zemo
- Scarlet Witch
- Vision
- Winter Soldier
- Captain America

Captain America is likely going to be Falcon, and no word on what the Build-A-Figure will be.

Finally while I don't think I have officially reported on these here, I have talked about them briefly on my

YouTube channel. For you Avengers MCU fans, look for 2021 to finally give us an MCU version of both Quicksilver from Avengers: Age Of Ultron and Fat Warrior Thor from Avengers: Endgame.

14__scaled_600.jpg

15__scaled_600.jpg

It's NOT ENTIRELY CLEAR to me yet, but looks like these two along with other figures will be released as some kind of sub-line that will be an extension of the previous MCU Anniversary line. Stay-tuned in the coming days for more details on this.

So that's it for now. Let me know below in the COMMENTS SECTION your thoughts on the Marvel Legends line in general and what new releases are you most looking forward to in 2021?

Marvel-Legends-2021.jpg

The Iron Man wave is a no-brainer for me; check-check-check-check-check!. Ultron= major bucket list check (though I've been happy with my Select version). Dormammu is a work of art. MODOK is a work of art. Never cared for Arcade, but I'd be remiss to not include him in my classic X-Men display.

Hate to say it, but every time I see that Eternals picture I cringe. Even so, I'd still prefer to see it succeed if only it would mean better chances to see Classic Kirby versions of them. 

Thanos....sigh. This one's bittersweet. Still love it, but open mouth face sculpts only work as bonus heads, imo. I really wish too that they made it so that the Wal-Mart version's neutral head would still fit, despite being a bit small. Ah well. Really looking forward to Nova and what other Cosmic characters they have in store for this year.

Happy to hear Lady Deathstrike may get an upgrade. I cleaned up my X-Men display the other day and found my old ToyBiz version at the back.  It's a terrible figure. 

I'd love if the Hydra Supreme came with a couple extra heads (Red Skull, etc). 

We're long past due for a Hood figure. Big thumbs up from me on that one. 

I’m really really hoping for a classic Doctor Strange reveal on the 11th if the image is supposed to be a clue. I’ve heard most of the other rumors for 2021, but this is the first time I’m hearing about another MCU anniversary wave and dear god I’m excited about that. Even just getting Quicksilver and Thor. We still need so many Endgame figures and countless others from past movies. Definitely the thing I’m most excited for this year. Also Jay, do you know if anything new Black Widow related is slated to be revealed/released in time for the movie? I’d imagine if so it would be part of that MCU line.

1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm really hoping that the Supreme Hydra is Baron Strucker or Madam Hydra/Viper as both need a serious update, especially Strucker. I'm not getting my hopes up though. 

The problem is that the rumour states Hydra Supreme which is Stevil/Hydra Cap; if it said Supreme Hydra then it could be any of the Hydra leaders. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the previous Hydra Supreme figure with an extra unmasked head or something like that to make it different from the two pack version

28 minutes ago, tarot said:

Yes since I heard a (very unreliable) rumour of another venom wave. (Again very unreliable). They do need a wave for the movie release.

I could totally see them doing another Venom wave this year. Venom sells and they could easily just rerelease the movie Venom figure along with a movie Carnage. I also want Knull and then of course we still need Riot and Agony.

On 1/2/2021 at 9:37 AM, JayC said:

Hasbro has pretty much said we can expect a wave of figures for the upcoming Shang-Chi: And The Legend Of The Ten Rings movie, but hasb't given us any details about what figures we will see in it. Youtuber rektangular first reported, which I have seen additional info to further confirm, the wave will include the following figures:

-Shang-Chi
-Civil Warrior
-Death Dealer
-Iron Man
-Leiku Wu
-Mei Ling

Shang-Chi, Leiku Wu and Mei Ling are all speculated to be movie based while the rest will likely be comic based. Once again the Build-A-Figure for the wave is unknown.

Minor correction, but he was incorrect about the Leiko Wu figure; it's actually the Mandarin. He got confused because the leaked listing said "Wen Wu," which he extrapolated as a codename for Leiko. In reality, Wen Wu appears to be the Mandarin's name (or alias) in the movie:

shangchi_castannounce.jpeg

13 hours ago, leokearon said:

The problem is that the rumour states Hydra Supreme which is Stevil/Hydra Cap; if it said Supreme Hydra then it could be any of the Hydra leaders. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the previous Hydra Supreme figure with an extra unmasked head or something like that to make it different from the two pack version

Because it is a rumor, we have to take it with a grain of salt; frankly we just have to wait until its confirmed or denied. I for one would love to see Madame Hydra/Viper/ or whatever name she's going by these days. Wouldn't surprise me if she ends up becoming Hydra Supreme between now and who knows when. Her figure is well overdue and with the new pinless tech, swivel biceps, and improved facial sculpts Hasbro has been using of late, she could have two heads (one with the facial scar and one without- and yes, she's had plastic surgery to remove the scar, but still its an iconic look for her). 

19 hours ago, leokearon said:

I know but I can dream, can't I? I would probably pick that up if he were in the green uniform he wore in parts of that story. Otherwise I already have the two pack one and I don't need another of that.

On 1/2/2021 at 4:10 PM, Hulkwummy said:

Have MCU Quicksilver be in a 2-pack with Scarlet Witch in her Age of Ultron costume.

I'd rather it were with an Ultron Drone. That way, if you buy multiples you could army build the drones and have Quicksilver being very quick running around the display!

So far, the only MUSTS are the 2 rumored Quicksilver and Warrior Thor. 

From the d+ wave I'd have to see the figures to convince myself that I need the upgrades or the new characters. Same for Shang Chi. The Eternals... I hope I love the trailer and jump on them, I really do... but so far I'm not really sold on them, other than Kro.