Marvel Legends 2021 - What We Know And What We Think We Know Is Coming So Far In The New Year

JayC

I don’t have any interest in Maestro, but glad for those that do, if that’s what it ends up being. Could it possibly be a deluxe Red Skull instead? 
F4 wave will almost certainly be the family, and then 2 additional figures. My guess would be a classic She-Hulk and then someone else, maybe a villain. I’d assume we’ll see redone Walgreens figures with white instead of black and a darker blue.
The Black Widow set I could see being Red Guardian with his helmet and either Melina or Nat herself with a more accurate hairstyle. 

Classic assortment, I have absolutely no idea, that could be anything. I obviously want another retro Spider-Man wave, but it probably won’t be that.

28 minutes ago, JayC said:

Well keep in mind we don't really know if the BW 2-pack is movie based or not.  I would be very surprised if the FF Retro wave didnt include the FF themselves. Im sure there will be others but my guess classic suit figures will be there. If we get Firelord this year the Walgreens Cosmic stuff makes more sense for him to show up in than a Retro wave but who knows.

True, but it is hard to think of what a comic version for a  Black Widow 2-pack would be. It would be surprising if all the F4 members didn't turn up, but it would be nice to get some more F4 characters then seeing a wave dominated with all the members again. As for Firelord, it makes perfect sense for me given he was one of the first F4  90's toys I bought

Something interesting to report via tatooinesandworm on The Fwoosh forums:

tkariigtujc61.jpg?width=610&format=pjpg& 0cghrhgtujc61.jpg?width=640&format=pjpg&

Looks like it's some kind of Infinity Saga series. Really hoping that Iron Man release is a 3-pack of brand-new Iron Man MKs I to III. Maybe even MK I, MK III and Tony Stark with a better headsculpt, with MK II being a Fan Channel since it'd be mostly a repaint. Hopefully then we can get redos of the MKs IV to VI and War Machine MK I.

There are 9 physical figures that exist so far for the Marvel Legends 3.75 Retro line and online case solicitations claim the cases are made up of 8 figures. So either 1 figure (when including the Pulse figures) is getting dropped from the assortment or another figure (maybe the Human Torch) is a part of another wave/assortment.
Existing figures:
Captain America , 
Black Panther , 
Cyclops , 
Iron Man , 
Spider-Man ,
Electro ,
Captain Marvel ,
Magneto ,
Human Torch

10 hours ago, JayC said:

Thanks to a heads up from reader JTPrime, we have some new Hasbro Marvel product based listings to share with you that come via the online distributor Everest. Most of these listings are vague on detail but do perhaps shed a few hints of what is to come. The listings of new products are as follows:

We also see further confirmation here of a Fantastic Four Marvel Legends 6" Retro wave coming that has long been rumored. Still know details on what figures will see release in that one.

Hopefully this time we'll get a fully translucent Invisible Woman, and maybe even a new Human Torch on the correct build. I imagine the F4 will be wearing their negative zone uniforms this time out (does that qualify as "retro" though?) . Will Fire Lord appear? I'd love a 70s era Sub-Mariner too. Impossible Man, Psycho Man and Mole Man would be great too!

2 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I very much hope you are wrong about a $50 Maestro. I want a Maestro but eff paying $50 for him as a standalone.  They would be stupid not to be making him tho as i imagine we ll see plenty of deluxe hulk figures using that mold just like ironman 80th is going to be a base for redone and new ironman armors. Very smart on Hasbro to remake those 80ths to be new base molds for other versions of those characters. 

I feel u dude, it better be a damn all new sculpt with even better articulation and alot of accessories, maybe it will be able to do the thunder clap. That would be so sick. Literally a hulk figure doing the thunder clap would be the perfect hulk figure.

1 hour ago, ADour said:

tkariigtujc61.jpg?width=610&format=pjpg& 0cghrhgtujc61.jpg?width=640&format=pjpg&

Looks like it's some kind of Infinity Saga series. Really hoping that Iron Man release is a 3-pack of brand-new Iron Man MKs I to III. Maybe even MK I, MK III and Tony Stark with a better headsculpt, with MK II being a Fan Channel since it'd be mostly a repaint. Hopefully then we can get redos of the MKs IV to VI and War Machine MK I.

AVG4 is likely gonna include Endgame Thor, calling it now. Iron Man 1 getting a box set is interesting...maybe a more in scale version of the MK III suit to go with the anniversary MK VII. Wouldn't be surprised if Iron Monger is included. 

No idea what could be in a Thor set unless it's long-haired Thor from the beginning of the film with Surtur's severed head like Hot Toys did. 

roadworn-thor_marvel_gallery_5c4d2730751

As for the single releases we'll likely see, this is absolutely where we're finally getting Quicksilver. They've already hinted at him so there's no way he's left out of this if it's explicitly another MCU anniversary type deal. Other characters I could see are Wong, the Ancient One, whatever the hell the Doctor Strange bad guy's name was, Whiplash or maybe some army builders like the Chitauri or Outriders.

Most of these new listings don't come as much of a shock, of course we'd see another wave of the 3.75, I also think that The Classic Assortment might be vintage wave 3, I'd imagine the F4 will be them in the Negative Zone suits and I'm calling it now Moleman is coming in this wave, I'd be floored if he didn't. I think Black Widow 2 pack will more than likely be where we get the older red guardian with a helmet. The deluxe who knows, I could imagine Maestro seems like a decent bet, and it will be on the same Hulk mold as of recent.

3 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

$50 seems a bit steep although the 0”previous hulk releases were ~$40 (in the 2-pack), $40 for the retro grey and finally $30 for Red Hulk. If Maestro has an all-new sculpt and some accessories then $50 isn’t crazy imo but I’d still try to wait to get him for $40 or less. If it’s a reuse of a previous hulk body than I would definitely not pay over $40 and would hope for closer to $30.

I was gonna say it might be that high because he comes with a throne, but that's probably out because the listing would say "with throne" rather than "with skull". I would say a throne could convince me to pay $50, but it better be a daaaaaamn good figure if they want that for the figure with just a skull accessory. Better sweeten that pot a little, Hasbro.

5 hours ago, EvilHayato said:

I very much hope you are wrong about a $50 Maestro. I want a Maestro but eff paying $50 for him as a standalone.  They would be stupid not to be making him tho as i imagine we ll see plenty of deluxe hulk figures using that mold just like ironman 80th is going to be a base for redone and new ironman armors. Very smart on Hasbro to remake those 80ths to be new base molds for other versions of those characters. 

Yeah this $50.00 price tag is a no-go, unless there are some amazing accessories/effects to go along with it. I highly doubt they would use an all new body mold; there's no reason to, and it wouldn't be as cost effective for them. The MODOK went for $50.00 as well and I couldnt justify it. You put some lights/sound in that bad boy and I can see it, but otherwise, no.  But I imagine the Legends team is going to add something to this package to make it worth that, if that is indeed gonna be the price.

6 hours ago, ADour said:

Well that's very exciting. If I recall correctly, the previous MCU anniversary line pricing makes that a 3-pack from Iron Man 1, a 2-pack from Ragnarok and a deluxe 2-pack from Endgame. Wasn't the Infinity War Thanos pack from 2018 also $70? Could that be a 3-pack from IM1 with MK 3, Iron Monger and Tony? That would be cool, I'd definitely love a repainted fan channel MK 2 from that. I really can't think what the Ragnarok set could be. They've already made a bunch of stuff from that movie, so maybe Roadworn Thor and Surtur? That would make it bigger than a 3-pack, I think. Could we finally be getting Doctor Strange with his Ragnarok outfit?? I'd kill for that. Endgame I think is the most obvious one. A rereleased BAF plus a standard figure, like Hulk/Hulkbuster, Juggernaut/Colossus, etc, so that will probably be Warrior Thor and an updated Endgame Thanos. Hopefully with a brand new mold to offset the cost, since he's smaller than Hulkbuster and that original BAF was honestly trash. Super excited for these. 

8 hours ago, ADour said:

One of those is a two-pack, the other two are single releases, more info soon.

9 hours ago, JayC said:

Well keep in mind we don't really know if the BW 2-pack is movie based or not.  I would be very surprised if the FF Retro wave didnt include the FF themselves. Im sure there will be others but my guess classic suit figures will be there. If we get Firelord this year the Walgreens Cosmic stuff makes more sense for him to show up in than a Retro wave but who knows.

I cant really see an FF wave without the FF themselves....but I can see a series of waves with the Four broken up a bit. A wave that has Mr. Fantastic and the Thing in their n-zone outfits, with 4-5 other F4 related characters. Next wave, Invisible Woman in the future foundation suit, Human Torch in his throwback red/yellow suit, 4-5 other related characters. Then a wave with Reed in the future foundation suit, Sue in the blue short sleeves, yada yada...

All in all I'm hoping to see either an Annihilus or Watcher BAF in this line up.

27 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I cant really see an FF wave without the FF themselves....but I can see a series of waves with the Four broken up a bit. A wave that has Mr. Fantastic and the Thing in their n-zone outfits, with 4-5 other F4 related characters. Next wave, Invisible Woman in the future foundation suit, Human Torch in his throwback red/yellow suit, 4-5 other related characters. Then a wave with Reed in the future foundation suit, Sue in the blue short sleeves, yada yada...

All in all I'm hoping to see either an Annihilus or Watcher BAF in this line up.

Well Retro waves generally don't have BAF's.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

If it’s a retro wave it’ll be a single, 6 figure wave without a BAF and then a few retro carded exclusives. I’m personally hoping to see one of the FF Spider-Man suits in the lineup at some point, either Future Foundation or Bag-Man, but I’m not holding my breath.

11 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

If it’s a retro wave it’ll be a single, 6 figure wave without a BAF and then a few retro carded exclusives. I’m personally hoping to see one of the FF Spider-Man suits in the lineup at some point, either Future Foundation or Bag-Man, but I’m not holding my breath.

Bag-Man is so overdue.

Also I've been doing more checking and it looks like the final waves that will come in at the $19.99 price are House of X, Disney+ wave 1, Shang-Chi, Bad Guys, and Eternals. Eternals being the final wave at that MSRP and then we start to see the $22.99 become the standard price in the US for basic figures.