Marvel Legends 2021 - What We Know And What We Think We Know Is Coming So Far In The New Year

JayC

On 1/24/2021 at 5:19 PM, leokearon said:

Going by the prices for the Infinity Saga  I would guess

IM1 - 2 regular figures and a BAF sized

THR3 -   2 Regular Figures

AVN4 -    1 Regular Figure and 1 BAF

Based on the same/ similar prices for the 10th Anniversary line

Any chance that Classic X wave is going to be the First Year class? Those figures need some serious updating. I'm on the fence about the Warriors 3 in the Thor wave. I really some classic comic version rather than MCU. Hogun is close but Volstagg is pretty far off. I mean I'll get them, but I'll look at them and wish they were 616.

8 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I was thinking that it may be Fenrir, which would be super awesome IMO. 
As for the prices... well for IM1 I'd guess it's either Pepper with Iron Monger, or a 3 pack with Mk I, II and III. 
For AVN4, I wish it were a final battle 3-pack: broken shield Cap, finger snap IM, and warrior Thor... but I guess we'll see.

Fenrir would be pretty great, and I would gladly buy it, but I'm guessing Surtur has more of a chance, and he is such an important Thor villain that he MUST be done some time. I would definitely like a Pepper that isn't in just a sports bra, but if it's just a single pack, I'm guessing it's a very detailed Iron Monger.

We reeeeeeeeeeeally need proper "final battle" Iron Man and Cap- it's mind-boggling that we don't have those figures to properly recreate the epic conclusion of a decade of films.

11 hours ago, memocromatico said:

For AVN4, I wish it were a final battle 3-pack: broken shield Cap, finger snap IM, and warrior Thor... but I guess we'll see.

I would buy those and I don't even collect MCU.

As for AOA Wave 2, bring it on! My Wave one is sitting in a box, unposed, and I would love to have a full shelf of AOA.

10 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

Some are interpreting "W skull" to mean "With skull" as in an accessory like an alternate head. Since the UPC matches the leaked Supreme Hydra, that has led to speculation it'll be a HYDRA character (likely Strucker) with an alternate Red Skull head.

No no. The w skull is more then likely just the store codename. Not that it is coming with a skull. 

46 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

Are we expecting any new releases or announcements from Hasbro before the next toy show in, what, February?

nothing has been planned for reveals yet. But we are only a week away from Feb anyway. That means that we have a Marvel Monday coming up. However, Dan Yun did say that it might NOT be the first of the month every month.

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Are we expecting any new releases or announcements from Hasbro before the next toy show in, what, February?

Thanks to Covid the 2021 New York Toy Fair as been cancelled and they are still hoping to have one in Dallas in October.

31 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Thanks to Covid the 2021 New York Toy Fair as been cancelled and they are still hoping to have one in Dallas in October.

No surprise there.

Sad really. Usually around this time we've gotten pre-ToyFair spoilers, hints, and about a dozen threads in anticipation. Man, I can't wait till things get back to normal.

15 minutes ago, mako said:

No surprise there.

Sad really. Usually around this time we've gotten pre-ToyFair spoilers, hints, and about a dozen threads in anticipation. Man, I can't wait till things get back to normal.

Same here. Now the releases are in Hasbro's hands

I'm going to guess the Infinity Saga line is all-movie like it was in 2018. Based on those prices, from 2018 we got the Thanos 3-pack at $70, normal 2-packs at $50 and the Hulkbuster 2-Pack at $60, so I'd imagine we're looking at a 2-pack for Ragnarok, which I'd want to see Roadworn Thor and Doctor Strange, or a large deluxe, which the obvious candidate would be Surtur. The Endgame set will almost certainly end up being Warrior Thor and a more accurate Thanos. Iron Man 1 is harder to say, my instinct wants to say it's a 3-pack of the old Iron Monger figure, a new MK 3 and Pepper, but I would honestly prefer a 2-pack of a brand new Iron Monger and MK 3 that are actually in scale. Aside from those, clearly something from AoU is coming, I'm still hoping for Quicksilver, Wanda and Hawkeye in their AoU costumes. Aside from that, maybe Malekith from Thor 2, Whiplash and MK 5 from Iron Man 2, Kaecilius and the Ancient One from Doctor Strange, Shocker from Homecoming, War Machine MK 4 and a better Cap from Infinity War, Rocket, Captain Marvel and Nebula from Endgame. There's so much potential here, I hope we get more details soon.

40 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

Ryan Ting posted an Instagram story showing him getting ready for a virtual Toy Fair presentation that said "Next week" so there'll likely be something then. 

while i have no doubt they might announce a fan friday for next week, we have some confirmation that there will be a marvel monday next week. no word on what is coming though.

8 hours ago, tarot said:

while i have no doubt they might announce a fan friday for next week, we have some confirmation that there will be a marvel monday next week. no word on what is coming though.

Who cares? We are getting some more Legends news, that's what's important

19 hours ago, tarot said:

Good to know. I just hope 2021 is another year we see more great Legends than there are bad.....or less great.