Marvel Legends 2021 - What We Know And What We Think We Know Is Coming So Far In The New Year

JayC

4 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

It would be pretty hilarious if we got a Fox quicksilver before getting an mcu quicksilver

I can see them doing that.. of course that is what would happen.. i was thrilled thinking the biggest hole in my AOU lineup was FINALLY getting filled, then they throw doubt on me..

not a fan of Evan Peters version so naturally when they do reveal Quicksilver at last it would be that turkey.. once I have my MCU version then they can go nuts with knock offs 😀

still holding out for the original MCU version, can’t say I’ve heard as many people putting the FOX version on their wish list. 

Couple of things that have stood out to me with WANDAVISION: thought it was odd that when they essentially broke down Wanda’s history they didn’t mention Pietro and then when THAT version showed up.  I at least appreciated that Darcy says “they recasted Quicksilver?!”, made it seem to me that they are acknowledging that this one isn’t “our” MCU Quicksilver..

im thinking this will result in them saying Wanda’s powers are pretty impressive that she can pull a version of her brother from another ( Fox) universe but she can’t resurrect the dead.. I don’t know, kinda fun guessing where they are going with this.. Fiege and Co. knew using that other version would get people talking..

4 hours ago, McHogan said:

I can see them doing that.. of course that is what would happen.. i was thrilled thinking the biggest hole in my AOU lineup was FINALLY getting filled, then they throw doubt on me..

not a fan of Evan Peters version so naturally when they do reveal Quicksilver at last it would be that turkey.. once I have my MCU version then they can go nuts with knock offs 😀

still holding out for the original MCU version, can’t say I’ve heard as many people putting the FOX version on their wish list. 

Couple of things that have stood out to me with WANDAVISION: thought it was odd that when they essentially broke down Wanda’s history they didn’t mention Pietro and then when THAT version showed up.  I at least appreciated that Darcy says “they recasted Quicksilver?!”, made it seem to me that they are acknowledging that this one isn’t “our” MCU Quicksilver..

im thinking this will result in them saying Wanda’s powers are pretty impressive that she can pull a version of her brother from another ( Fox) universe but she can’t resurrect the dead.. I don’t know, kinda fun guessing where they are going with this.. Fiege and Co. knew using that other version would get people talking..

I'm with you! I'm waiting for AoU Quicksilver and would definitely pass on Peter's Peter. He was fun but IMO didn't feel as much in character as the ATJ's version. Plus, as simple as it is, I really like AoU's costume.

21 hours ago, memocromatico said:

I'm with you! I'm waiting for AoU Quicksilver and would definitely pass on Peter's Peter. He was fun but IMO didn't feel as much in character as the ATJ's version. Plus, as simple as it is, I really like AoU's costume.

I too came around on the MCU costume. At first I thought it was the worst comic to film translation but after seeing the film I was sold. It looks like what a super runner would wear in this Universe.

The Fox version, aside from the team suit made no sense. Street clothes? Maybe the goggles made sense but there was nothing aerodynamic about that costume. 

We will see, I’m sure both get made and as a Marvel movie guy I’m sure I’ll get both.  YOU’D think they would show love to the Bilion(s) dollar franchise where the clearly better version of Quicksilver resided  😁

I'm so confused. I'll be the first to admit that the MCU movies are significantly better than the Fox X-Men movies, even though I'm clearly an X-Men guy. I'll also concede that the MCU toy line needs an Age of Ultron Quicksilver far more urgently than a Wandavision one. But are you guys really arguing that the barely-even-a-character Quicksilver as originally depicted in the MCU is a better character than one of the best and most celebrated characters from the Fox X-verse? Neither one of them is anything like the Quicksilver in the comics, but one of them is a fully dimensioned, well-acted, funny, compelling character that got a show-stealing scene in at least two movies (maybe three, but I only saw Dark Phoenix once and barely remember it) and the other was basically just a plot device to spur Wanda to action. Not only is Peters the "original" Quicksilver by a year or so, but I don't think there's any question he's the better version, unless we're using "better" only to mean "closer to source material", in which case I guess the MCU version has the "I really love my sister" character trait in its favour? He's a mutant in the Fox version, which is arguably more central to the character (for most of his existence, anyway), but neither one of them has the grumpy, elitist snark he's known for in the comics.

10 hours ago, Benn said:

I'm so confused. I'll be the first to admit that the MCU movies are significantly better than the Fox X-Men movies, even though I'm clearly an X-Men guy. I'll also concede that the MCU toy line needs an Age of Ultron Quicksilver far more urgently than a Wandavision one. But are you guys really arguing that the barely-even-a-character Quicksilver as originally depicted in the MCU is a better character than one of the best and most celebrated characters from the Fox X-verse? Neither one of them is anything like the Quicksilver in the comics, but one of them is a fully dimensioned, well-acted, funny, compelling character that got a show-stealing scene in at least two movies (maybe three, but I only saw Dark Phoenix once and barely remember it) and the other was basically just a plot device to spur Wanda to action. Not only is Peters the "original" Quicksilver by a year or so, but I don't think there's any question he's the better version, unless we're using "better" only to mean "closer to source material", in which case I guess the MCU version has the "I really love my sister" character trait in its favour? He's a mutant in the Fox version, which is arguably more central to the character (for most of his existence, anyway), but neither one of them has the grumpy, elitist snark he's known for in the comics.

I think its more about completing a lineup for the mcu, but i would agree that Fox Quicksilver was a much more memorable character, particularly in Days of Future Past. 

But i will say  mcu QS has grown on me, i like the bits where he unsuccessfully tries to grab Thor's thrown hammer &  when he has to fire the gun in the police station to get their attention.  also his needling of Hawkeye that culminates in heroically sacrificing himself is good. WIth Fox, the character showed a lot of promise in DoFP but felt like diminishing returns with each subsequent movie appearance imo. As with many of the fox characters there just didn't seem to be any consideration to giving him a character arc, just coming up with a scene or two to show off his powers.

I actually watched Dark Phoenix again after posting that, and he was hardly in it. He saved a few astronauts, and then tried to run up some falling debris toward Jean, only to learn the hard way that she was able to process her thoughts (and thus telekinetic abilities) quickly enough to keep up with him.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to belittle Quicksilver's depiction in Age of Ultron. It worked. He just wasn't a terribly developed character, in terms of either personality or power set. He was overshadowed in every way by Wanda.

26 minutes ago, Benn said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to belittle Quicksilver's depiction in Age of Ultron. It worked. He just wasn't a terribly developed character, in terms of either personality or power set. He was overshadowed in every way by Wanda.

Pretty much exactly like in the source material 😛 
I agree with you, Peter's QS is more fun to watch, but he reminds me a bit of Flash, funny, happy, witty.

I personally enjoyed MCU's take on QS better, and really hoped they'd left him alive to flesh out his character more. He was angry, impatient, snarky... I felt he could've really developed as an antihero down the line. And if I'm honest, I was hoping he was the one returning in Wandavision... but chaos magic I guess.

22 hours ago, Benn said:

Haha no friend, don’t over think it, just having fun talking toys. 

While I would rather get an true MCU Quicksilver it is to finally complete that films lineup. And while I do like Johnson’s portrayal better than Peters I can concede that Fox at least gave their QS a bit more to do. 

I’m an MCU guy so if I were given a choice, I’d take their version all day. And as far as who played him better? Just personal preference, i just like Johnson better. Probably goes back to how Evan Peters played Michael Scott’s obnoxious nephew in the office. I would have swatted that punk too 😂

On 2/9/2021 at 6:08 PM, Benn said:

I'm so confused. I'll be the first to admit that the MCU movies are significantly better than the Fox X-Men movies, even though I'm clearly an X-Men guy. I'll also concede that the MCU toy line needs an Age of Ultron Quicksilver far more urgently than a Wandavision one. But are you guys really arguing that the barely-even-a-character Quicksilver as originally depicted in the MCU is a better character than one of the best and most celebrated characters from the Fox X-verse? 

Yeah I'm going with Bennnn on this one. I too much prefer MCU over Fox, hands down, no comparison. But Quicksilver Fox was hands down better than Quicksilver MCU. And let's face it, Q MCU was just there to die ( and he died very well). Far as action figures go I don't need either one, but if the price is right I'm down.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Yeah I'm going with Bennnn on this one. I too much prefer MCU over Fox, hands down, no comparison. But Quicksilver Fox was hands down better than Quicksilver MCU. And let's face it, Q MCU was just there to die ( and he died very well). Far as action figures go I don't need either one, but if the price is right I'm down.

I correctly guessed that MCU Quicksilver was a goner from the first trailer when I saw Wanda dropping to her knees and letting out that primal scream. But I did thought they were going to off Hawkeye as well. If ol Joss Whedon is anything it’s predictable. when he has a character talk about retirement, or getting out they are a goner for sure.

im really hoping that before it’s all said and done Hasbro would have gotten us both of MCUs Quicksilver looks from AOU ( and Wanda’s skirt attire now that they have figured out how to use skirts with their articulation). If a Fox one comes along I’d get him too, but less particular about which look for him.