Jump to content

Costume Poll 5: Rachel Grey/Summers


Costume Poll 5: Rachel Grey/Summers  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Costume should they use for Rachel?

    • Hound
      0
    • Excalibur
      7
    • Phoenix 1
      0
    • Phoenix 2
      0
    • Marvel Girl
      2
    • Starjammers
      4
    • Wolverine and the X-men
      3
    • Prestige
      1
    • X-Factor
      0


Recommended Posts

Time for another Costume Poll' This time it is Cyclops and Jean Grey's time-travelling daughter Rachel. As always vote for the Costume you would like Hasbro to do a figure of.

Hound

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Excalibur

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Phoenix 1

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Phoenix 2

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Marvel Girl

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Starjammers

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wolverine and the X-Men

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Prestige

spacer.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

X-Factor

spacer.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have to go with Wolverine & the X-Men as she still wears that in the current X books when teaming with Cyclops or Kid Cable, I'd also take her Prestige look I liked it even though it was short lived, but could bring it back if she ever teams up with her non-mutant heroes when saving the world that hates her. X-Factor I'd also take for a HoX/DoX/RoX display which that part of the universe keeps growing with all the mutants they use in those books

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is hard as she has never had what I consider a great costume. I picked the Excalibur version just to complete that team but the Prestige, Starjammer and a redone Marvel Girl are something I would accept as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Excalibur all the way, that's my favorite look for Rachel and the classic one in my eyes.

I do however like her look as Prestige and Wolverine and X-Men look as well , in fact I dig all of rachel's looks except for x-factor, I wouldn't be mad if we got any of those but, Excalibur is my preference!,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starjammers I say, not that I am crazy about the look but it would go nice in some of my CCC pics to blend in with the background, not to mention switch the heads out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starjammers.  It'll fit nice with a cosmic display for the War of Kings era.  But a re-do on the Marvel Girl costume would be fine too.  Wouldn't mind the Prestige costume except that it brings back memories of X-Men Gold...

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Wolverine and the X-Men" is her best costume, and the one I want the most, so I voted for it, but there's no denying "Excalibur" is her classic look, and is probably the only other look on this list I also want. There's also a missing look from the list that I really like that was from when she was reconnecting with her houndyness in X-Men Gold, but it basically split the difference between "Excalibur" and "Prestige".

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 8:09 PM, greenlucario said:

Starjammers.  It'll fit nice with a cosmic display for the War of Kings era.  But a re-do on the Marvel Girl costume would be fine too.  Wouldn't mind the Prestige costume except that it brings back memories of X-Men Gold...

You thought X-Men Gold was that bad? I definitely think it failed spectacularly at its objective of calling back to the Claremont days, and it certainly didn't blow me away, but I thought it was fine. Definitely a little too much Mesmero for my liking, and I wasn't really buying Lydia Nance, but it was all still entertaining enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Benn said:

"Wolverine and the X-Men" is her best costume, and the one I want the most, so I voted for it, but there's no denying "Excalibur" is her classic look, and is probably the only other look on this list I also want. There's also a missing look from the list that I really like that was from when she was reconnecting with her houndyness in X-Men Gold, but it basically split the difference between "Excalibur" and "Prestige".

To me it felt too much like Prestige to be a really new costume, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's fair. I wasn't implying it should be on the list, because it was super short-lived, but I liked it a lot, despite not liking the Prestige costume.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Benn said:

You thought X-Men Gold was that bad? I definitely think it failed spectacularly at its objective of calling back to the Claremont days, and it certainly didn't blow me away, but I thought it was fine. Definitely a little too much Mesmero for my liking, and I wasn't really buying Lydia Nance, but it was all still entertaining enough.

I liked it until near the end, right around the wedding issue, it was much better than what Lemire had put out before it and I liked the core team of X-Men.  But, I felt overall that it painted Colossus in a pretty bad light throughout the run, which I could live with mostly until they pulled that bait and switch at the wedding.  And while Gambit and Rogue are certainly high on my list of favorites too, I don't want to see character development for them at the expense of Colossus.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's all fair. Yeah, I wanted to like that Lemire run so much more than I did. He's just not great with team books. Old Man Logan was a lot better (though I only read the first few trades, and still need to catch up; actually, didn't he get fired from that book at some point, with someone else taking over?). In any event, Colossus's characterization has been prett inconsistent ever since AvX, which is a huge bummer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a tough call. Rachel is one of those characters that's always at the precipice of being taken to the next step but never quite makes it. She is a longstanding character however, so a writer will pick her up, build her up a bit and then the next writer will more or less abandon her or relegate her to a smaller role. Much is the case as her recent run as Prestige on the X-men. I was quite enjoying her resurgence as a major powerhouse in the books and suddenly (and again) she gets sluffed off into X-Men's soon to be cancelled redhead stepsister team and she's just an afterthought again. If I was being honest, the only significant time she was handled properly and seriously as a character would have to be with the Claremont/JR,jr run of X-Men and Claremont/Davis run of Excalibur. Basically, Claremont is one of the few who did her right. That being said, her look from the 80's Uncanny X-Men and 90's Excalibur is the longest standing look I can remember, thus cementing that costume, in my mind, as her "Classic" look. Again, I do like her first Prestige costume, so I wouldn't mind that one and a redo of the surprisingly well done Marvel Girl from the Dark Days of ML would be my third choice, as it is quite undersized and limited in articulation by today's ML standards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Benn said:

That's all fair. Yeah, I wanted to like that Lemire run so much more than I did. He's just not great with team books. Old Man Logan was a lot better (though I only read the first few trades, and still need to catch up; actually, didn't he get fired from that book at some point, with someone else taking over?). In any event, Colossus's characterization has been prett inconsistent ever since AvX, which is a huge bummer.

That's good to hear, I haven't read much of Lemire's stuff from Marvel in recent years that I liked, I may have to check out his time on Old Man Logan.  I don't remember why he left the title, but I do think I remember something like that.  

Maybe one day they'll give Colossus a fair shake again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

@leokearon "Phoenix 1" isn't showing up for me.

I just want an official ML of this (thanks google!)

phoenix.jpg

You and I both, though I have no love for that knobby knee, chicken leg Kate Bishop buck. I'd much rather see it on the Dark Phoenix buck from the Cyclops/Phoenix 2 pack which has a little more meat on the thighs.

I also can't get the Phoenix 1 pic to show but I believe this is the one. Quite simplistic, yet still cool, but ultimately way to obscure to generate any kind of serious interest.

261640-99378-marvel-girl.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, monron999 said:

I also can't get the Phoenix 1 pic to show but I believe this is the one. Quite simplistic, yet still cool, but ultimately way to obscure to generate any kind of serious interest.

261640-99378-marvel-girl.jpg

The Uncanny books that I've read had this costume so this would be my second option tbh. I already have the "Marvel Girl" Rachel "Grey" look from the Brood Queen wave.

17 hours ago, monron999 said:

You and I both, though I have no love for that knobby knee, chicken leg Kate Bishop buck. I'd much rather see it on the Dark Phoenix buck from the Cyclops/Phoenix 2 pack which has a little more meat on the thighs.

Oh for sure. My Snowbird is now doing the splits on my IKEA Detolf glass case on account of her legs being so weak, the feet are literally sliding apart.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE