Marvel Legends 6" Modern Green She-Hulk Figure From Hasbro

JayC

as much as this is just such a simple re-paint with a new Alt head.. I love this figure so much, I don't need it, but yes I really want it, I love this she-hulk sculpt the gray version was one of my favorite figures of 2020, damn you Hasbro now you are going to make me buy it again in Green... I can't say no.

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Nope, her modern look is more muscular with a white top and black or purple shorts

avengers-4-2018.jpg

I'm glad that figure we are getting is repaint and not her modern super muscular look, which is just ugly both visually and character wise, which gives us 60-70s: "Hulk smash Hulk lost hulk happy" talk but with Jennifer instead of Bruce, which is disrespectful to character and fans. As for figure this figure was great before and repainting it makes common sense, but I have to wait to compare which version I prefer more. 

4 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I'm still holding out hope for a mid 2000's She Hulk on this mold, with a smiling headsculpt....

630624._UY990_SS990_.jpg

Yes, a She-Hulk from the Byrne era woulda been nice. I miss the "fun" She-Hulk. She was meant to be the polar opposite of her cousin Bruce, where she actually enjoyed her powers rather than hate and fear them. Now she's just pretty much another brooding, sad tortured soul that happens to be cursed with these amazing powers. The Blob wave She-Hulk was amazing for it's time but the articulation is just not up to par. A redo of it woulda been the hands-down winner if put to vote by the fans, but we all know how Hasbro's not too keen on just doing straight redos of figures they've already done, good or bad.

Regardless, I like this figure and given a choice, I'd happily take it rather than leave it. It's head and shoulders above that A-Force stubby arm, stiff leg version. Not to bad. I do love that body mold. I wonder how many larger female figures they can improve upon with it.

While we're on the subject of redos, how cool would it be if Hasbro swallowed it's pride and just bit the bullet and just redid the entire Blob Wave outright? I mean minus those janky Last Stand figures, of course. Not that I'm against movie figures (anymore), but they are both just totally dated and horrendously designed characters. Maybe they could replace those movie characters with some characters from all the upcoming Disney+ shows. But for the rest of the figures all the molds are already in place. The only new mold would be the Blob BAF. I don't think Hasbro sees something like that as financially feasible, but I predict it would be a massive success. I mean, who doesn't want updated figures of all those guys in those particular costumes and colors?

9 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I'm glad that figure we are getting is repaint and not her modern super muscular look, which is just ugly both visually and character wise, which gives us 60-70s: "Hulk smash Hulk lost hulk happy" talk but with Jennifer instead of Bruce, which is disrespectful to character and fans. As for figure this figure was great before and repainting it makes common sense, but I have to wait to compare which version I prefer more. 

I glad they didn't do the modern Avengers look either, it's a  joke. 

Oh Jeez, I almost missed this news! I pre-ordered it. I'd have much, MUCH preferred a more classic She-Hulk too, ideally her first appearance look with the torn white dress, or her 80s work-out look from Secret Wars I. I do really like this mold though; had gotten the grey version only because I wanted the Super-Skrull BAF, but ended up really enjoying the figure. And yes, this one is so delightfully green (though I hope they fix those neon joint colours). I'll just sort of suspend my disbelief for now and pretend she's from the 80s/90s lol.

16 hours ago, monron999 said:

Yes, a She-Hulk from the Byrne era woulda been nice. I miss the "fun" She-Hulk. She was meant to be the polar opposite of her cousin Bruce, where she actually enjoyed her powers rather than hate and fear them. Now she's just pretty much another brooding, sad tortured soul that happens to be cursed with these amazing powers. The Blob wave She-Hulk was amazing for it's time but the articulation is just not up to par. A redo of it woulda been the hands-down winner if put to vote by the fans, but we all know how Hasbro's not too keen on just doing straight redos of figures they've already done, good or bad.

Regardless, I like this figure and given a choice, I'd happily take it rather than leave it. It's head and shoulders above that A-Force stubby arm, stiff leg version. Not to bad. I do love that body mold. I wonder how many larger female figures they can improve upon with it.

While we're on the subject of redos, how cool would it be if Hasbro swallowed it's pride and just bit the bullet and just redid the entire Blob Wave outright? I mean minus those janky Last Stand figures, of course. Not that I'm against movie figures (anymore), but they are both just totally dated and horrendously designed characters. Maybe they could replace those movie characters with some characters from all the upcoming Disney+ shows. But for the rest of the figures all the molds are already in place. The only new mold would be the Blob BAF. I don't think Hasbro sees something like that as financially feasible, but I predict it would be a massive success. I mean, who doesn't want updated figures of all those guys in those particular costumes and colors?

I'd dig it, if only for an updated Yellowjacket!

21 hours ago, mako said:

Nice, but hardly worth the price-gouge. I'll stick with my A-Force version.

Now that's the version I wish I had, the A Force version. Just couldn't reconcile buying the whole pack though. Not enough interest in the rest of the figures she came with. Except the Photon figure.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2021 at 9:16 AM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I'm still holding out hope for a mid 2000's She Hulk on this mold, with a smiling headsculpt....

630624._UY990_SS990_.jpg

As one who doesn't even care for the She-Hulk, I second this. Put her on that mold (I REALLY do not care for the 'roided out current comics version),  give her the white/purple togs, keep the angry head but give her a playful, smiling one too.

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

As one who doesn't even care for the She-Hulk, I second this. Put her on that mold (I REALLY do not care for the 'roided out current comics version),  give her the white/purple togs, keep the angry head but give her a playful, smiling one too.

Third!!

1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

She'd need to be almost completely new from the waist down (or completely new if they give her the shoes she's usually wearing in this look), but yeah. I concur.

1 hour ago, RecklessEndangerment said:

Wow... this is horrible.  She could pass as a completely new character who ate She-Hulk.

Pretty much, Jason Aaron wanted to use the Hulk for his Avengers run but wasn't allowed, so he just turned Jen into a Female version of the Hulk to suit his own stories

On 1/14/2021 at 6:28 AM, RecklessEndangerment said:

Wow... this is horrible.  She could pass as a completely new character who ate She-Hulk.

Even more baffling, they decided to have a romance between this behemoth and Thor. Where the devil did that sh1t come from, you ask? Easy, it came from the "writer's" brain. Which is in up his @$$.