Jump to content

Marvel Legends 6" Modern Green She-Hulk Figure From Hasbro


Recommended Posts

as much as this is just such a simple re-paint with a new Alt head.. I love this figure so much, I don't need it, but yes I really want it, I love this she-hulk sculpt the gray version was one of my favorite figures of 2020, damn you Hasbro now you are going to make me buy it again in Green... I can't say no.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Nope, her modern look is more muscular with a white top and black or purple shorts

 

avengers-4-2018.jpg

I'm glad that figure we are getting is repaint and not her modern super muscular look, which is just ugly both visually and character wise, which gives us 60-70s: "Hulk smash Hulk lost hulk happy" talk but with Jennifer instead of Bruce, which is disrespectful to character and fans. As for figure this figure was great before and repainting it makes common sense, but I have to wait to compare which version I prefer more. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I'm still holding out hope for a mid 2000's She Hulk on this mold, with a smiling headsculpt....

630624._UY990_SS990_.jpg

Yes, a She-Hulk from the Byrne era woulda been nice. I miss the "fun" She-Hulk. She was meant to be the polar opposite of her cousin Bruce, where she actually enjoyed her powers rather than hate and fear them. Now she's just pretty much another brooding, sad tortured soul that happens to be cursed with these amazing powers. The Blob wave She-Hulk was amazing for it's time but the articulation is just not up to par. A redo of it woulda been the hands-down winner if put to vote by the fans, but we all know how Hasbro's not too keen on just doing straight redos of figures they've already done, good or bad.

Regardless, I like this figure and given a choice, I'd happily take it rather than leave it. It's head and shoulders above that A-Force stubby arm, stiff leg version. Not to bad. I do love that body mold. I wonder how many larger female figures they can improve upon with it.

While we're on the subject of redos, how cool would it be if Hasbro swallowed it's pride and just bit the bullet and just redid the entire Blob Wave outright? I mean minus those janky Last Stand figures, of course. Not that I'm against movie figures (anymore), but they are both just totally dated and horrendously designed characters. Maybe they could replace those movie characters with some characters from all the upcoming Disney+ shows. But for the rest of the figures all the molds are already in place. The only new mold would be the Blob BAF. I don't think Hasbro sees something like that as financially feasible, but I predict it would be a massive success. I mean, who doesn't want updated figures of all those guys in those particular costumes and colors?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SpiderS said:

I'm glad that figure we are getting is repaint and not her modern super muscular look, which is just ugly both visually and character wise, which gives us 60-70s: "Hulk smash Hulk lost hulk happy" talk but with Jennifer instead of Bruce, which is disrespectful to character and fans. As for figure this figure was great before and repainting it makes common sense, but I have to wait to compare which version I prefer more. 

I glad they didn't do the modern Avengers look either, it's a  joke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Jeez, I almost missed this news! I pre-ordered it. I'd have much, MUCH preferred a more classic She-Hulk too, ideally her first appearance look with the torn white dress, or her 80s work-out look from Secret Wars I. I do really like this mold though; had gotten the grey version only because I wanted the Super-Skrull BAF, but ended up really enjoying the figure. And yes, this one is so delightfully green (though I hope they fix those neon joint colours). I'll just sort of suspend my disbelief for now and pretend she's from the 80s/90s lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, monron999 said:

Yes, a She-Hulk from the Byrne era woulda been nice. I miss the "fun" She-Hulk. She was meant to be the polar opposite of her cousin Bruce, where she actually enjoyed her powers rather than hate and fear them. Now she's just pretty much another brooding, sad tortured soul that happens to be cursed with these amazing powers. The Blob wave She-Hulk was amazing for it's time but the articulation is just not up to par. A redo of it woulda been the hands-down winner if put to vote by the fans, but we all know how Hasbro's not too keen on just doing straight redos of figures they've already done, good or bad.

Regardless, I like this figure and given a choice, I'd happily take it rather than leave it. It's head and shoulders above that A-Force stubby arm, stiff leg version. Not to bad. I do love that body mold. I wonder how many larger female figures they can improve upon with it.

While we're on the subject of redos, how cool would it be if Hasbro swallowed it's pride and just bit the bullet and just redid the entire Blob Wave outright? I mean minus those janky Last Stand figures, of course. Not that I'm against movie figures (anymore), but they are both just totally dated and horrendously designed characters. Maybe they could replace those movie characters with some characters from all the upcoming Disney+ shows. But for the rest of the figures all the molds are already in place. The only new mold would be the Blob BAF. I don't think Hasbro sees something like that as financially feasible, but I predict it would be a massive success. I mean, who doesn't want updated figures of all those guys in those particular costumes and colors?

I'd dig it, if only for an updated Yellowjacket!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mako said:

Nice, but hardly worth the price-gouge. I'll stick with my A-Force version.

Now that's the version I wish I had, the A Force version. Just couldn't reconcile buying the whole pack though. Not enough interest in the rest of the figures she came with. Except the Photon figure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2021 at 9:16 AM, AnotherPunkChef said:

I'm still holding out hope for a mid 2000's She Hulk on this mold, with a smiling headsculpt....

630624._UY990_SS990_.jpg

As one who doesn't even care for the She-Hulk, I second this. Put her on that mold (I REALLY do not care for the 'roided out current comics version),  give her the white/purple togs, keep the angry head but give her a playful, smiling one too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

As one who doesn't even care for the She-Hulk, I second this. Put her on that mold (I REALLY do not care for the 'roided out current comics version),  give her the white/purple togs, keep the angry head but give her a playful, smiling one too.

Third!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

As one who doesn't even care for the She-Hulk, I second this. Put her on that mold (I REALLY do not care for the 'roided out current comics version),  give her the white/purple togs, keep the angry head but give her a playful, smiling one too.

She'd need to be almost completely new from the waist down (or completely new if they give her the shoes she's usually wearing in this look), but yeah. I concur.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RecklessEndangerment said:

Wow... this is horrible.  She could pass as a completely new character who ate She-Hulk.

Yeah, Marvel's been working through some stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RecklessEndangerment said:

Wow... this is horrible.  She could pass as a completely new character who ate She-Hulk.

Pretty much, Jason Aaron wanted to use the Hulk for his Avengers run but wasn't allowed, so he just turned Jen into a Female version of the Hulk to suit his own stories

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE