Arcade1Up Announces X-Men 4 Player Arcade Cabinet With X-Men, Captain America and the Avengers AND The Avengers in Galactic Storm

JayC

At long last Arcade1up has announced they are bringing the Marvel 4-player side-scroller video games to homes. This will include the classic X-Men, Captain America and the Avengers AND The Avengers in Galactic Storm which was a single or two-player story mode or multiplayer head-to-head game released in the mid-90's for home platforms. The cabinet will also feature WI-FI like their more recent cabinets so folks can play each other online. No release date or where this one will be offered yet. Here is the official description:

For the mighty masses of Marvel mutant fans, it’s time to punch, blast, and slash through the home arcade cabinet you’ve been waiting for: The X-Men 4 Player from Arcade1Up!

Providing authentic arcade experiences in a home arcade form factor, Arcade1Up game cabinets are absolute must-haves for family game rooms, man caves, or a welcome distraction in the office. They play great, look great, and are instant conversation pieces.

Yep, here it is, with character designs straight out of the legendary Pryde of the X-Men animated pilot. The X-Men 4 Player arcade game was an instant smash hit in 1992, allowing players to control Cyclops, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, or Dazzler, in taking on the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants masterminded by Magneto.

Four simultaneous players, amazing mutant powers, endless fun.

Ready to team up for some remote play? The X-Men 4 Player arcade game is equipped with Live WIFI; you can fight your way through each level with the help of fellow retrogamers playing from their own cabinets.

Oh, and you want more Marvel arcade action? You got it. The classic Captain America and the Avengers AND The Avengers in Galactic Storm are also both included!

Gorgeous cabinet artwork (with a matching riser!), stunningly vibrant graphics, and heroes that transcend generations. This is the next stage in home arcade evolution, the X-Men 4 Player cabinet from Arcade1Up!

X-Men-01.jpg

X-Men-02.jpg

41 minutes ago, mangatodd said:

But X-Men allowed for 6 players in the arcade...

Different versions out there had 2 and 4 player set ups. The 6 player one also had TWO screens to extend the amount of play. They were expensive even during that time, so imagine what it would cost the 1up to reproduce and sell for. 

49 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Never even heard of The Avengers in Galactic Storm. Still another cool Arcade machine I can't afford or store

Its a very very very obscure avengers fighting game thats not very good hence why you havent heard of it nor has most people. Its very questionable that they chose to add that title to the cabinet but there werent many avengers games that were made during the arcade days and id imagine they wanted to add some variety in gameplay selection. 

Man two classics and an curiosity all in one cabinet.. what do these run? 

The XMen game is a classic even for non X fan. I bought the port that was on the PlayStation  a few years back.. loved the horrible translation errors..my favorite being “ Welcome.. to Die!!”

now Captain America and the Avengers is reliving my childhood. I bought home version of this game on at least 2 different systems and wore them out.. such simple game play but I was addicted! Plus seeing cameos by Quicksilver, Namor and the Wasp.. just awesome. And the best Avengers game I ever had until the first Ultimate Alliance game..( another I geeked out over)

i have heard of Galactic Storm but never played it or even saw it.. granted it was near the end of Arcades and gaming cabinets..I always dreamed of playing as the Black Knight in a video game. Sounds like this was a very Nortal Kombat lite .., or Justice League Task Force type game.. 

i neither have the space or desire for a full on game cabinet.. would love to see another crack at home version of all of these 

6 hours ago, McHogan said:

Man two classics and an curiosity all in one cabinet.. what do these run? 

The XMen game is a classic even for non X fan. I bought the port that was on the PlayStation  a few years back.. loved the horrible translation errors..my favorite being “ Welcome.. to Die!!”

now Captain America and the Avengers is reliving my childhood. I bought home version of this game on at least 2 different systems and wore them out.. such simple game play but I was addicted! Plus seeing cameos by Quicksilver, Namor and the Wasp.. just awesome. And the best Avengers game I ever had until the first Ultimate Alliance game..( another I geeked out over)

i have heard of Galactic Storm but never played it or even saw it.. granted it was near the end of Arcades and gaming cabinets..I always dreamed of playing as the Black Knight in a video game. Sounds like this was a very Nortal Kombat lite .., or Justice League Task Force type game.. 

i neither have the space or desire for a full on game cabinet.. would love to see another crack at home version of all of these 

I managed to play the X-Men game on the X-Box 360 and it is a lot of fun. Captain America and the Avengers I played on the Mega Drive and as I said before I never even heard of Galactic Storm. I which there was like a Marvel Retro Game collection but that would be highly unlikely given the different companies owning the different licences at a time

So Galactic Storm went with BK in his short lived ( and controversial) 90’s jacket look? Interesting. 

Now I definitely need a Legend version

Graphics seem poor, even for that era but I’m sure I would have played the heck out of it.

• 5 months later...
The folks at Arcade1up have released updated images and details for their upcoming X-Men/Avengers 4-Player Arcade Machine machine. We first told you how this one was coming back in January. With the new images we can see their has been some slight changes made to the cabinet art, specifically with the riser. Looks like it now just features Cyclops on the front. Originally it showed Cyclops along with Nightcrawler and Wolverine. We also have a list of the features that will be included in the game. Some of these features and and perhaps even the cabinet art might varyby the various retail partners that end up selling it, but here is what is listed:

-Custom shaped "Cabinet" design
-WIFI Enabled for Online Play
-3 Games in 1
-17" Color LCD screen
-Custom Riser
-Light-Up Marquee
-Printed Coin Door Graphic Kickplate
-Weight: 88lbs
-Real-Feel Arcade Controls
-Coinless operation
-Adjustable Variable Volume
-Clear Deck Protector
-Anti-Tip Over Strap
-On-Screen Game Selection Menu
-In Game Settings Menu
-Plugs into an AC outlet
-Easy Assembly

Besides the The X-Men 4 Player game which was originally released by Konami in 1992, the cabinet will also feature Captain America and the Avengers AND The Avengers in Galactic Storm games. Galactic Storm was originally released as a console game. July 15th is the date that has been given for when this machine will go up for pre-order, though price and a list of which specific retailers will be carrying it have yet to be released. You can check out a short gameplay video below.

When more details become available or it goes up for actual pre-order, we will be sure to update you.

Arcade1up-01.jpg

Arcade1up-02.jpg

Arcade1up-03.jpg

Arcade1up-04.jpg

Arcade1up-05.jpg

Arcade1up-06.jpg

Arcade1up-07.jpg

On 6/29/2021 at 3:05 AM, leokearon said:

It looks nice, but I don't have the money or space for it.

I dont really have the space for it either, but this is the one I have been wanting since they first announced doing Marvel cabinets. So I will find the space for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Arcade1up has opened up pre-orders on their website for their new X-Men/Avengers 4-Player Arcade Machine which they have priced at $699.00 and they say will ship out in mid-October. Right now you can only pre-order it directly from Arcade1up, but eventually they should make it available at their retail partners which usually includes Best Buy, Gamestop and Walmart. See below about more details for the machine.

-Custom shaped "Cabinet" design
-WIFI Enabled for Online Play
-3 Games in 1
-17" Color LCD screen
-Custom Riser
-Light-Up Marquee
-Printed Coin Door Graphic Kickplate
-Weight: 88lbs
-Real-Feel Arcade Controls
-Coinless operation
-Adjustable Variable Volume
-Clear Deck Protector
-Anti-Tip Over Strap
-On-Screen Game Selection Menu
-In Game Settings Menu
-Plugs into an AC outlet
-Easy Assembly

Besides the The X-Men 4 Player game which was originally released by Konami in 1992, the cabinet will also feature Captain America and the Avengers AND The Avengers in Galactic Storm games. Galactic Storm was originally released as a console game.

Its kind of crazy to think you could have 4 people around something as small as what arcade 1 up brings out. I mean the original had 2 large screens attached for the extra amount of people, especially on screen. Just seems crazy to me. Awesome, but crazy.