Hasbro Marvel Legends And Other 6" Lines Price Hike For 2021?!?

JayC

I have damn near every character I really need (only about 10 to 20 absolute must haves like an updated Doctor Strange eventually, and maybe Sandman and Lizard when they eventually do them in a proper scale), so while a price hike is annoying, it isn’t necessarily a deal breaker because I don’t need to purchase everything. It will be interesting to see how it affects sales though.

29 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

YES. We must all have our "walk away" point. Regardless of how much I may like a figure or even if I could easily afford it, if they hit that price that I deem ridiculous, then I'm gone.

Yeah I mean in truth I could afford it, but it also just doesn't seem right if ML became 40 bucks here in Canada that's a lot for a figure series that produces like 100+ figures a year, I'd probably not completely drop the line but I'd surely only purchase a few here and there. I think if the price keeps going up we need a bit more in each box or they really need to start listening to the fans and giving us exactly what we are asking for in terms of character selection and costumes, as well as accuracy. I know that many people aren't going to be keen on spending 45 bucks (with tax) on a 190th color variation of Iron Man at the price tag.

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I think if the price keeps going up we need a bit more in each box or they really need to start listening to the fans and giving us exactly what we are asking for in terms of character selection and costumes, as well as accuracy.

At the very least, put a little more effort into QC and distribution.

12 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Sucks but a price increase was always going to be Thanos (inevitable).

Nicely done.

As for the supposed price increase, meh, I'm not too worried. The GOTG Wave 2 Titus BAF wave was said to be a "Price Hike." It certainly was more expensive in Canada. That wave came out in 2017.

I am pretty much done soon anyways. Just planning on Modock and Firestar. Gave up on seeing Banshee and Longshot as well as Tigra. Hasbro really does not seem like they want to do them. Gijoe has been a cluster so I am wrapping that up with Flint and Lady Jayee.

45 minutes ago, Dodge76 said:

I am pretty much done soon anyways. Just planning on Modock and Firestar. Gave up on seeing Banshee and Longshot as well as Tigra. Hasbro really does not seem like they want to do them. Gijoe has been a cluster so I am wrapping that up with Flint and Lady Jayee.

I'd be really surprised if we don't see Tigra this year, honestly. There have been several hints pointing in her direction over the last few months.

3 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

Sort of how I feel too, but I will be good money we see Tigra, Banshee, Blob, Toad, and Classic Doctor Strange within the next 12 to 16 months... they are just too long overdue, and given the number of figures they have pumped out the last few years, these characters are only logical.

3 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

They'll do great on the aftermarket though. Once the film drops and everyone has suddenly been a "huge Eternals fan for years" people will be scrambling to buy them. 

What I will find interesting is if the price hike will apply to the Eternals wave. The wave originally was supposed to come out last year and the figures have already been made.

45 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

Sort of how I feel too, but I will be good money we see Tigra, Banshee, Blob, Toad, and Classic Doctor Strange within the next 12 to 16 months... they are just too long overdue, and given the number of figures they have pumped out the last few years, these characters are only logical.

There have been several hints about a figure that could very well be Tigra coming in the near future, and Dwight has said numerous times that he intends to get to Banshee sooner than later.

9 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

What I will find interesting is if the price hike will apply to the Eternals wave. The wave originally was supposed to come out last year and the figures have already been made.

Yeah, that's true. It'll be a jerk move if they charge the higher price. It'll also probably kill that wave as I don't see it moving off the shelves much.

13 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

IF it happens, there's really no reason why it wouldn't apply to the Eternals wave. It's not like anything new is being done to them to make figures more expensive, it's an across the board hike brought about by the current financial climate and an increase in the minimum wage. It's a pretty good possibility we'll see a similar hike in everything from almonds to Zagnut bars.

Whether the figures were supposed to come out this year, next year, or last year is immaterial. It sucks, but it happens.

Time to become "Ultra-picky" with my choices. Stiltman may be the last full wave I buy. I always thought legends were over priced but $25 for one figure....major bummer

I cannot justify it unless it completes a team

( I'm looking at you Banshee, Angel and Havok) 

Btw....does anyone else think they really missed the mark on the New Jean Grey's head...but knocked it out of the park with Firestar?  Gonna be some head swapping going on in my casa!

8 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Time to become "Ultra-picky" with my choices. Stiltman may be the last full wave I buy. I always thought legends were over priced but $25 for one figure....major bummer

I cannot justify it unless it completes a team

( I'm looking at you Banshee, Angel and Havok) 

Btw....does anyone else think they really missed the mark on the New Jean Grey's head...but knocked it out of the park with Firestar?  Gonna be some head swapping going on in my casa!

I'm already doing that and have been for a long time

• 3 months later...

Back in early January we were the first to warn you of coming price increases for Hasbro's action figure lines like Marvel Legends. The MSRP for a regular 6" collector figure are going from $19.99 to $22.99.

Today Hasbro held a virtual investor event in order to announce their first quarter 2021 financial results. According to Reuters, during that event Hasbro for the first time officially confirmed the price increases coming to their products later this year as they deal with rising material costs.

The toymaker, like most U.S. manufacturers, has had to contend with rising resin, packaging and metal prices, as well as soaring transportation costs due to high demand and supply disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

We've already started to see the increased MSRP for some Marvel Legends figures including the recently solicited Iron Man URSA Major Build-A-Figure wave which will be out later this year.

Now while the MSRP on that Iron Man wave is $22.99 a figure. I have noticed larger retailers such as Target are still offering those figures with the older $19.99 price.

As I understand it, often times large stores who order product in greater numbers than what a small store can order get bigger wholesale discounts. This sometimes allows those bigger stores to maintain lower costs, at least for a while. That's great for the consumer of course, but sucks for the small businesses who simply just can't afford to keep the figures at the lower prices.

On 1/12/2021 at 3:48 PM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

They'll do great on the aftermarket though. Once the film drops and everyone has suddenly been a "huge Eternals fan for years" people will be scrambling to buy them. 

EXACTLY!  Same thing with Shang Chi! I think the Shang Chi figures might not have seemed as exciting until the trailer hit and people realized it was probably going to be another hot property!  Always funny to see people try to predict what are going to be great sellers and what are not. We are talking about toys. They are a want, not a need, so if you want them bad enough you will pay what they are asking. People paid almost $400 for a Haslab Sentinel (me included), and will spend the same on Galactus (me included). Hasbro knows what they are doing. 🙂

I only collect comic based figs so unless an entire wave is comic based & Every single fig is a must have, I just cherry pick figs that I want to buy.  Not getting any from Shang Chi wave & will wait on the AI IM to drop in price before purchasing. Don't care for entire Eternals wave nor D+ wave. So far in 21' only fig I've gotten is deluxe classic Thanos & he was a X-Mas present from my son. I'm getting Quasar, Herc, and 6 of the 8 figs in Ursa Major wave. Though I did pre-order 5 more Guardsmen as well! FF retro wave looks to be a purchase based on the J Storm fig reveal.

I think its funny that BBTS has been using this price for a few years now. Now BBTS has raised it even more because of it XD.  Im like some of you, I cherry pick and I mostly collect comic. Its always rough when they get you with a sweet comic based BAF. I have to basically ask my self do I like/want the majority of the wave to even consider buying it all?