Jump to content

Hasbro Marvel Legends And Other 6" Lines Price Hike For 2021?!?


Recommended Posts

I have damn near every character I really need (only about 10 to 20 absolute must haves like an updated Doctor Strange eventually, and maybe Sandman and Lizard when they eventually do them in a proper scale), so while a price hike is annoying, it isn’t necessarily a deal breaker because I don’t need to purchase everything. It will be interesting to see how it affects sales though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

YES. We must all have our "walk away" point. Regardless of how much I may like a figure or even if I could easily afford it, if they hit that price that I deem ridiculous, then I'm gone.

Yeah I mean in truth I could afford it, but it also just doesn't seem right if ML became 40 bucks here in Canada that's a lot for a figure series that produces like 100+ figures a year, I'd probably not completely drop the line but I'd surely only purchase a few here and there. I think if the price keeps going up we need a bit more in each box or they really need to start listening to the fans and giving us exactly what we are asking for in terms of character selection and costumes, as well as accuracy. I know that many people aren't going to be keen on spending 45 bucks (with tax) on a 190th color variation of Iron Man at the price tag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I think if the price keeps going up we need a bit more in each box or they really need to start listening to the fans and giving us exactly what we are asking for in terms of character selection and costumes, as well as accuracy.

At the very least, put a little more effort into QC and distribution.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Sucks but a price increase was always going to be Thanos (inevitable).

Nicely done.

As for the supposed price increase, meh, I'm not too worried. The GOTG Wave 2 Titus BAF wave was said to be a "Price Hike." It certainly was more expensive in Canada. That wave came out in 2017.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am pretty much done soon anyways. Just planning on Modock and Firestar. Gave up on seeing Banshee and Longshot as well as Tigra. Hasbro really does not seem like they want to do them. Gijoe has been a cluster so I am wrapping that up with Flint and Lady Jayee.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A price increase doesn't mean that much when you can't find their stuff on the pegs to begin with, even less when you consider most of the figures you REALLY want them to make always seem to end-up as "Deluxe" figures anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Dodge76 said:

I am pretty much done soon anyways. Just planning on Modock and Firestar. Gave up on seeing Banshee and Longshot as well as Tigra. Hasbro really does not seem like they want to do them. Gijoe has been a cluster so I am wrapping that up with Flint and Lady Jayee.

I'd be really surprised if we don't see Tigra this year, honestly. There have been several hints pointing in her direction over the last few months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dodge76 said:

I am pretty much done soon anyways. Just planning on Modock and Firestar. Gave up on seeing Banshee and Longshot as well as Tigra. Hasbro really does not seem like they want to do them. Gijoe has been a cluster so I am wrapping that up with Flint and Lady Jayee.

Sort of how I feel too, but I will be good money we see Tigra, Banshee, Blob, Toad, and Classic Doctor Strange within the next 12 to 16 months... they are just too long overdue, and given the number of figures they have pumped out the last few years, these characters are only logical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

They'll do great on the aftermarket though. Once the film drops and everyone has suddenly been a "huge Eternals fan for years" people will be scrambling to buy them. 

What I will find interesting is if the price hike will apply to the Eternals wave. The wave originally was supposed to come out last year and the figures have already been made.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

Sort of how I feel too, but I will be good money we see Tigra, Banshee, Blob, Toad, and Classic Doctor Strange within the next 12 to 16 months... they are just too long overdue, and given the number of figures they have pumped out the last few years, these characters are only logical.

There have been several hints about a figure that could very well be Tigra coming in the near future, and Dwight has said numerous times that he intends to get to Banshee sooner than later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

What I will find interesting is if the price hike will apply to the Eternals wave. The wave originally was supposed to come out last year and the figures have already been made.

Yeah, that's true. It'll be a jerk move if they charge the higher price. It'll also probably kill that wave as I don't see it moving off the shelves much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

What I will find interesting is if the price hike will apply to the Eternals wave. The wave originally was supposed to come out last year and the figures have already been made.

IF it happens, there's really no reason why it wouldn't apply to the Eternals wave. It's not like anything new is being done to them to make figures more expensive, it's an across the board hike brought about by the current financial climate and an increase in the minimum wage. It's a pretty good possibility we'll see a similar hike in everything from almonds to Zagnut bars.

Whether the figures were supposed to come out this year, next year, or last year is immaterial. It sucks, but it happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to become "Ultra-picky" with my choices. Stiltman may be the last full wave I buy. I always thought legends were over priced but $25 for one figure....major bummer

I cannot justify it unless it completes a team

( I'm looking at you Banshee, Angel and Havok) 

 

Btw....does anyone else think they really missed the mark on the New Jean Grey's head...but knocked it out of the park with Firestar?  Gonna be some head swapping going on in my casa!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Time to become "Ultra-picky" with my choices. Stiltman may be the last full wave I buy. I always thought legends were over priced but $25 for one figure....major bummer

I cannot justify it unless it completes a team

( I'm looking at you Banshee, Angel and Havok) 

 

Btw....does anyone else think they really missed the mark on the New Jean Grey's head...but knocked it out of the park with Firestar?  Gonna be some head swapping going on in my casa!

I'm already doing that and have been for a long time

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE