2022 Raimi Spider-Man most wanted

AnotherPunkChef

With the Raimi-verse Legends we all know are coming next year, what are some of the figures you wanna see made in the first couple rounds? Mine personally are:

Spider-Man (obviously)

Green Goblin

Doc Ock

Red Dress Mary Jane

Sandman (possibly a BAF)

J. Jonah Jameson

Bonesaw/Wrestler Spidey 2 pack

Bruce Campbell 3 pack.

Also, expect a Peter Parker on his moped boxed set so Hasbro can use that scooter for a third time...

Ugh, I'd pass, maybe I'd get a Green Goblin (with a Willem Dafoe unmasked head), but these movies just reek of nope to me, why all of a sudden do people want these figures so bad? why do people want Andrew Garfield Spider-man? nobody did now I see people putting these figures on the top of their most wanted list, I'd rather forget most of this stuff.

But not hating on any one who does want this stuff, just curious why now? I thought like me people wanted to forget about these movie series?

16 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ugh, I'd pass, maybe I'd get a Green Goblin (with a Willem Dafoe unmasked head), but these movies just reek of nope to me, why all of a sudden do people want these figures so bad? why do people want Andrew Garfield Spider-man? nobody did now I see people putting these figures on the top of their most wanted list, I'd rather forget most of this stuff.

But not hating on any one who does want this stuff, just curious why now? I thought like me people wanted to forget about these movie series?

It's the same as with the Star Wars prequels, people who saw those movies as little kids are becoming adults and looking back on them with nostalgia. For me personally it came out my senior year of high school and along with X-Men it got me excited for what other comic movies we might be getting in the future.

If they made a Pizza Delivery Peter Parker with the scooter, Hasbro would make so much money solely in virtue of the memes.

Since I traded my spider-fanaticism for iron fanaticism a while ago, I don't personally want new figures of the Raimi films, but I still hope Hasbro does them. I feel like a well-rounded wave of these figures would feature a line-up similar to that one Marvel Legends wave that Hasbro did in 2008.

While I think final battle Sandman would be a good BAF, I think another good idea could be to combine the concept of the Homecoming Vulture BAF and the Stilt-Man BAF into something that could involve stackable bendable tentacles for Doc Ock.

10 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

It's the same as with the Star Wars prequels, people who saw those movies as little kids are becoming adults and looking back on them with nostalgia.

Yeah I figured that much, but still it seems very weird to me any one really wants to look back on those movies especially the 3rd Raimi movie which anything but hate, or how people are already looking back at the Garfield movies with nostalgia those movies arn't even old yet. I just feel like... regardless of Nostalgia, this series kinda sucked..and we should know this even more now by how much better the MCU has done everything. *shrug* that's just me. I don't want to revisit these older movies, I even tryed watching them all recently and I didn't like them even more then ever.

I’d take a wave or two of original trilogy figures. Seems realistic that 3 movies could fill out 2 waves. I’d prefer the main cast, obviously Spidey, the main villains, throw in MJ, Harry, a non powered Sandman..

for Garfields movie 1 wave would suffice. Both film suits, the villains and Gwen, done

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I figured that much, but still it seems very weird to me any one really wants to look back on those movies especially the 3rd Raimi movie which anything but hate, or how people are already looking back at the Garfield movies with nostalgia those movies arn't even old yet. I just feel like... regardless of Nostalgia, this series kinda sucked..and we should know this even more now by how much better the MCU has done everything. *shrug* that's just me. I don't want to revisit these older movies, I even tryed watching them all recently and I didn't like them even more then ever.

For me, I’m a MCU collector first so a history of Marvel Films waves are welcome.

there is no disputing the MCU run of films are far superior to the early outputs but they do have their place in my appreciation of film versions of my lifelong love of these comic characters.

for my collection, I’d take more Fox Xmen ( again, only the main players) , those goofy but fun Alba, Evans FF films,.. Nic Cage’s Ghost Rider films, all versions of the Punisher movies,  shoot, give me the 70s/80s made for TV Ferrigno Hulk, Hammond Spider-Man and  Reb Brown Cap films.. all in Legends scale and articulation..

imagine a Legends display that hits all corners of the film history.. that would be a fun collection 

11 minutes ago, McHogan said:

For me, I’m a MCU collector first so a history of Marvel Films waves are welcome.

there is no disputing the MCU run of films are far superior to the early outputs but they do have their place in my appreciation of film versions of my lifelong love of these comic characters.

for my collection, I’d take more Fox Xmen ( again, only the main players) , those goofy but fun Alba, Evans FF films,.. Nic Cage’s Ghost Rider films, all versions of the Punisher movies,  shoot, give me the 70s/80s made for TV Ferrigno Hulk, Hammond Spider-Man and  Reb Brown Cap films.. all in Legends scale and articulation..

imagine a Legends display that hits all corners of the film history.. that would be a fun collection 

I'm holding out hope for an Affleck Daredevil update

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

regardless of Nostalgia, this series kinda sucked..and we should know this even more now by how much better the MCU has done everything. *shrug* that's just me. I don't want to revisit these older movies, I even tryed watching them all recently and I didn't like them even more then ever.

Wow you really hate those movies lol

As far as the MCU when it comes to Spidey, I loved Homecoming but Far From Home was one of the weaker entries of the franchise.

That said if you asked general audiences what the best Spidey films have been, Spider-man 2 would be up there, and that movie's Doc Ock would be named as one of the better villains. So really it shouldn't come as a surprise that fans would be clamouring for figures from those movies. Besides 

4 hours ago, ADour said:

If they made a Pizza Delivery Peter Parker with the scooter, Hasbro would make so much money solely in virtue of the memes.

Since I traded my spider-fanaticism for iron fanaticism a while ago, I don't personally want new figures of the Raimi films, but I still hope Hasbro does them. I feel like a well-rounded wave of these figures would feature a line-up similar to that one Marvel Legends wave that Hasbro did in 2008.

While I think final battle Sandman would be a good BAF, I think another good idea could be to combine the concept of the Homecoming Vulture BAF and the Stilt-Man BAF into something that could involve stackable bendable tentacles for Doc Ock.

I feel you on switching fanaticisms, I was all about Venom/Spidey all through school until I found Cap. I still want to see the figures even though I don't need them. If they only did one wave Doc Ock would be the must have for a baf as he was easily the best handled villain in that trilogy. A second wave would have to be Sandman.

6 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

There's nostalgia for sure. Spider-Man 1 was really exceptional for it's time. but Spider-Man 2 is likely one of the best superheroes movies ever made, and individually better than new mcu spider-man movies as much as I like and enjoy them, MCU movies are partially strong due to interconnected universe, while  Spider-man 2 existed in it's own vacuum in era where such movies were rarity, Spider-Man 2 managed to be liked not only by  superhero but also old school movie critics who didn't even look seriously at superhero movies. Spider-Man 3 sucked but still had one of the better Villains with Sandman, Andrew Garfields Spider-Man movies were problematic. but what they did was nail  costume and actual romance that was believable and not bore to watch, romance is one of the most important parts of spider-man comics after all, sadly almost everything else was meh. So yeah there's enough stuff people can like about these movies besides pure nostalgia. P.S. There's pretty good video that discusses merits of second spidey movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QMXBXDISUs

1 hour ago, SpiderS said:

There's nostalgia for sure. Spider-Man 1 was really exceptional for it's time. but Spider-Man 2 is likely one of the best superheroes movies ever made, and individually better than new mcu spider-man movies as much as I like and enjoy them, MCU movies are partially strong due to interconnected universe, while  Spider-man 2 existed in it's own vacuum in era where such movies were rarity, Spider-Man 2 managed to be liked not only by  superhero but also old school movie critics who didn't even look seriously at superhero movies. Spider-Man 3 sucked but still had one of the better Villains with Sandman, Andrew Garfields Spider-Man movies were problematic. but what they did was nail  costume and actual romance that was believable and not bore to watch, romance is one of the most important parts of spider-man comics after all, sadly almost everything else was meh. So yeah there's enough stuff people can like about these movies besides pure nostalgia. P.S. There's pretty good video that discusses merits of second spidey movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QMXBXDISUs

I don't deny Spider-Man 2 was a good film and the best film out of that 5, but still... it's fine I get it, people now want these figures I just don't get it I swear like 2 years ago no body would have even touched the idea about Raimi movie figures, just feel like I have seen so much bandwagon riding on this one, it's just kinda tiring

I don't want em , but sure if people do let them have it.

3 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Wow you really hate those movies lol

As far as the MCU when it comes to Spidey, I loved Homecoming but Far From Home was one of the weaker entries of the franchise.

That said if you asked general audiences what the best Spidey films have been, Spider-man 2 would be up there, and that movie's Doc Ock would be named as one of the better villains. So really it shouldn't come as a surprise that fans would be clamouring for figures from those movies. Besides 

Yeah honestly not big on them even at the time, as I said before I don't deny that Spider-Man 2 was a good movie, I just... my opinion don't like Tobey as Spider-Man, don't like Kirsten Dunce as Mary Jane, don't like James Franco as... you get the picture, I just don't , and I find the movies tones to be.. Yeah , best things about those movies were Alfred Molina and Willem Dafoe, maybe give a pass to Hayden as Sandman..but meh really.

4 hours ago, McHogan said:

eek haha please no Nic Cage ghost rider, please no Fantastic Four, I really want to forget those movies even more then SP Trilogy or ASM movies ... I'd take a Dolph Punisher though.

Out of the Raimi, I could go for:

• Peter Parker
  • Spider-Man
  • Wrestler/1st appearance Spidey
  • Aunt May
  • J Jonah Jameson (honestly, they should've Alfred that J Jonah Vintage and given him both heads)
  • Dr Connors, and they could tease the Lizard arm
  • Harry
  • Norman Osborn
  • Green Goblin
  • Goon...actually need a couple
  • Robbie Robertson
  • New Goblin
  • Dr Ock
  • Sandman

After thinking on it for a while and actually compiling a wish list I finally realized I just wouldn't be that interested at all. I'm nostalgic, but as with the older X-Men movies, I just don't like any of their interpretations on the screen, especially now. If anything, I'd go for a Spider-Man/Green Goblin 2 pack. That's about it. Maybe a Topher Grace figure so I can shoot him with a BB gun and melt his arms and legs with a Bic lighter and then tie him to a bottle rocket and blast him off into oblivion.

I can see them making this an anniversary line. I can also expect them to include all three versions of Movie Spidey as well as other live action version, like maybe Supaidāman (maybe with some japanese text and stuff.) the line will probably include comic figures as well, just like the X-men anniversary.