Charlie Cox Daredevil Appearing In Spider-Man 3?!?

JayC

While I've not yet seen this one confirmed by any of the major entertainment news outlets, this rumor first reported by ComicBook.com seems to be picking up steam. The rumor suggests that actor Charlie Cox who played Matt Murdock/Daredevil in the now defunct Netflix Daredevil series will be in the upcoming Spider-Man 3 movie which will star Tom Holland.

All indications suggest the plot of Spider-Man 3 will be dealing with a Multiverse type storyline, so this would be a prime opportunity to start re-introducing the Netflix Marvel characters into the MCU, especially considering the close ties Spider-Man and Daredevil have always had in the comic books.

It's never really been made clear to me if the Netflix shows were supposed to take place in the same MCU

as the movies or not. Initially there were references in the Netflix shows to things from the movies like the Battle of New York from the first Avengers movie, but then it seemed like the Netflix stuff was later said to be in a separate universe from the movies. One thing we do know, is that Marvel has retained the rights to now be able to use all the characters that had appeared in the Netflix Marvel shows.

According to the CB report, Cox has actually finished shooting whatever scenes he is supposedly appearing in for the upcoming Spider-Man movie from Sony.

Indications are that Spider-Man 3, the Disney+ WandaVision series and the upcoming Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness will all closely connect with one-another as they will all be dealing with the Multiverse in some way. We know Benedict Cumberbatch will be reprising his role as Dr. Strange in the upcoming Spider-Man movie.

We also know characters from older Sony Spider-Man movies will be appearing in this new one like Jamie Fox's Electro from the Andrew Garfield ones and Alfred Molina who Played Doc Ock in the Tobey MaGuire Spider-Man movies.

Rumors still swirl that both Andrew Garfield and Tobey MaGuire will be appearing in the new movie as well, but there has yet to be any kind of confirmation on that.

Right now the untitled Spider-Man 3 movie is slated with a December 17, 2021 release date.

Daredevil-Spider-Man.jpg

Great news, Marvel just needs to keep doing what they've been doing and throw in a little good spice here and there. Don't change the core recipe that everybody likes so much. Help make 2021 a better year for all of us and remember to "Make mine Marvel". Corny maybe but I just love saying that.

To my knowledge the Netflix shows are just as much a part of the MCU as Agents of Shield and other similar shows, so I don't think this will factor into the multiverse storyline. I do think it makes total sense though that Matt Murdock would choose to defend or give advice to a young man being framed of murder as a superhero, if that's what his role will be. I doubt he'll actually don the horns in this movie, but I could be wrong. Would definitely be cool if he did, it would probably be a new costume too.

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

Is Tom Holland actually going to have any screentime in this movie?

I was worried about that too, but all the rumors I've seen have said the movie is still about him, they just have the multiverse stuff kind of sprinkled into the story FFH left off on. I've also heard Kraven and JJJ are going to be the real main villains.

Damn, the rumors run deep on this one! I would love to see Daredevil back on the screen again. Jessica Jones too. And I too always thought they were definitely part of the MCU. The way I see it is its definitely possible for all these characters to live in the more -or-less same area/city but not necessarily ever meet each other.  Characters like Jessica actively avoid the spotlight so I/m not surprised.

11 hours ago, Ironspider428 said:

I was worried about that too, but all the rumors I've seen have said the movie is still about him, they just have the multiverse stuff kind of sprinkled into the story FFH left off on. I've also heard Kraven and JJJ are going to be the real main villains.

It was part joke given the amount of rumours about people turning up and part worry given that Spidey's identity being exposed and framed for murder would be  astory in itself without needing the distraction of a Live Action Into the Spider-Verse

On 1/17/2021 at 11:27 AM, leokearon said:

Is Tom Holland actually going to have any screentime in this movie?

I'm sure he'll get his time. What I'm wondering is if Charlie has already finished filming his part, how much time did they actually put into introducing his character. I don't expect u full team up movie (at least not yet) but I'd love to see him in the suit and maybe roughing up some criminals.

I hope they make him a little (maybe a lot) more formidable in the MCU than they did on Netflix, cuz he took a lot of ayass whooping on Netflix, and they never really expanded on his abilities. They more or less just treated them as a replacement for his sight, when in all actuality he uses them quite extensively and he can never be taken by surprise. Stan Lee himself actually said his radar is superior to Spider-Man's Spider-Sense. Whatever they do, I just hope they make him better than just some psycho chump in pajamas with some kinda death wish. 

21 hours ago, leokearon said:

It was part joke given the amount of rumours about people turning up and part worry given that Spidey's identity being exposed and framed for murder would be  astory in itself without needing the distraction of a Live Action Into the Spider-Verse

Yeah, I'm with you there. Hopefully the multiverse stuff doesn't feel too shoehorned in.

13 hours ago, monron999 said:

I'm sure he'll get his time. What I'm wondering is if Charlie has already finished filming his part, how much time did they actually put into introducing his character. I don't expect u full team up movie (at least not yet) but I'd love to see him in the suit and maybe roughing up some criminals.

I hope they make him a little (maybe a lot) more formidable in the MCU than they did on Netflix, cuz he took a lot of ayass whooping on Netflix, and they never really expanded on his abilities. They more or less just treated them as a replacement for his sight, when in all actuality he uses them quite extensively and he can never be taken by surprise. Stan Lee himself actually said his radar is superior to Spider-Man's Spider-Sense. Whatever they do, I just hope they make him better than just some psycho chump in pajamas with some kinda death wish. 

They probably didn't bother introducing his character since he is already established in the MCU and just went straight into his appearance.

My understanding is that the Netflix shows, Cloak & Dagger, Agents of Shield Runaways, etc. were intended (softly) by Jeph Loeb to be part of the MCU, but when he was fired and Marvel TV was sort of absorbed by Kevin Feige, the door was left open for them not to be. Basically, at any point Feige can decide that any of them either is or isn't part of his narrative, as befits it best. So, whether Charlie Cox's Daredevil is part of the MCU is TBD, and his involvement in this movie doesn't necessarily answer the question in and of itself, since he could be coming in from a different part of the multiverse (like the confirmed Spider villains returning from non-MCU franchises).

39 minutes ago, Benn said:

My understanding is that the Netflix shows, Cloak & Dagger, Agents of Shield Runaways, etc. were intended (softly) by Jeph Loeb to be part of the MCU, but when he was fired and Marvel TV was sort of absorbed by Kevin Feige, the door was left open for them not to be. Basically, at any point Feige can decide that any of them either is or isn't part of his narrative, as befits it best. So, whether Charlie Cox's Daredevil is part of the MCU is TBD, and his involvement in this movie doesn't necessarily answer the question in and of itself, since he could be coming in from a different part of the multiverse (like the confirmed Spider villains returning from non-MCU franchises).

Jeff Loeb hated fiege. That's why he just used the mcu to create the TV series without consulting fiege, going over his head to the disney exec. Fiege basically had to treaten to quit because of this. Not just fiege loeb was said to be an ass anyway to alot of people.

If fiege was allowed run both the TV series and movies from the start, they would have been no debate whether they were part of the mcu.

That is explicitly true of all the new shows, beginning with Wandavision, but not at all confirmed for the previous generation of shows. They were originally said to be, but I'm pretty sure it's up to Feige which if any to keep in-continuity, and he hasn't really said much about it.

3 hours ago, Benn said:

That is explicitly true of all the new shows, beginning with Wandavision, but not at all confirmed for the previous generation of shows. They were originally said to be, but I'm pretty sure it's up to Feige which if any to keep in-continuity, and he hasn't really said much about it.

True, so far they are, but that could change, though the people involved wouldn't be happy.