Heroes Reborn 2021 From Marvel

JayC

All this signifies is that they are completely out of ideas if they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to bring back this train wreck again. There's a reason most people don't even remember this part of Marvel Comics history. And those of us who do remember struggle daily to scrape every trace of it out of our heads.

The only good thing about Heroes Reborn is that it made everyone want the originals back. I hate to think Marvel is intentionally planning a bad storyline to help boost sales down the road, but lords knows unintentional ones haven't done that (looking at you Infinity Wars).

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

All this signifies is that they are completely out of ideas if they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to bring back this train wreck again. There's a reason most people don't even remember this part of Marvel Comics history. And those of us who do remember struggle daily to scrape every trace of it out of our heads.

Well anything for an anniversary.

Personally I don't mind the Heroes Reborn era, mostly due to the fact to introduced me to the F4 and Iron Man comics

Random Marvel Creator: "Dude...remember when we did that Heroes Reborn story back in the 90s and everyone hated it so we had to do an event to fix it? We should do that again!"

Seriously. I'm sure it's an event book that's just going to be the alternate heroes showing up in the 616 and battles ensue but still. Sheesh.

1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Random Marvel Creator: "Dude...remember when we did that Heroes Reborn story back in the 90s and everyone hated it so we had to do an event to fix it? We should do that again!"

Seriously. I'm sure it's an event book that's just going to be the alternate heroes showing up in the 616 and battles ensue but still. Sheesh.

It's going to be hard for Earth's  heroes to fight themselves. 

Still this is the 25th anniversary  so it's not surprising  they would do something 

22 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh Marvel, I don't remember this story being very well received, so I'm not sure why they are revisiting it, Marvel seems stuck in a bad cyclic place right now, so many "why again?" type stores being redone. 

Actually it was (at least from a sales view)  if it wasn't for Heroes Reborn, we wouldn't have the F4 or Avengers today, since they were financial  failures before Onslaught 

20 minutes ago, tarot said:

People, they are just reusing the name. It is not revisiting that story. It's the same as when they used Secret Wars, Secret Empire, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Clone Saga etc. All comic companies do it, including DC and Image. Don't just assume it's only Marvel.

Still, it stinks of something in the vein of both the actual Heroes Reborn event and the somewhat soft reboot from many years ago called ANAD. You might be familiar with that one. Sure, it's probably an event that will all clear itself up in the end, but still..........WTF makes them think this is a good idea? I suppose it can't be much worse than some of the BS they've tried to push in the past few years.

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Actually it was (at least from a sales view)  if it wasn't for Heroes Reborn, we wouldn't have the F4 or Avengers today, since they were financial  failures before Onslaught 

Fair Enough, honestly I didn't pay a huge amount of attention to the actual books when they were releasing in what 96?, I read a few here and there, I just remember the people around me, seemed to say negative things about the books, I didn't really remember much of the impact the books had on the overall marvel comics universe at the time.

3 hours ago, leokearon said:

It's going to be hard for Earth's  heroes to fight themselves. 

Still this is the 25th anniversary  so it's not surprising  they would do something 

I get that, but between them revisiting the Clone Saga with Miles and now this, I just don't understand. That time frame was a serious low for Marvel.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

Still, it stinks of something in the vein of both the actual Heroes Reborn event and the somewhat soft reboot from many years ago called ANAD. You might be familiar with that one. Sure, it's probably an event that will all clear itself up in the end, but still..........WTF makes them think this is a good idea? I suppose it can't be much worse than some of the BS they've tried to push in the past few years.

Agree, you’d think smart editors would steer clear of out right failures like the original Heroes Reborn and ANAD.. not sure why they even bother since neither has had that many long lasting repercussions ( with few exceptions) and in the end the original ( and best ) interpretations of Marvels heroes are reinstated.

when legacy characters do stick around like US Agent, Thunderstike, Warmachine, they had grown organically over the coarse of years, not forced on us in random event comics.

I’m fairly certain this is based upon Jason Aaron’s current Avengers run after the current Phoenix story and KIB story finishes up, because apparently Aaron and Brevoot did an interview some time ago and said there’d be a rebirth in the Avengers which would impact the larger Marcel Universe.