Heroes Reborn 2021 From Marvel

JayC

9 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I get that, but between them revisiting the Clone Saga with Miles and now this, I just don't understand. That time frame was a serious low for Marvel.

Again both Heroes Reborn and the Clone Saga were huge sellers for Marvel which actually saved Spidey, the Avengers and the F4 and in media if anythng is made money of coure they will try and repeat the success.

6 hours ago, leokearon said:

Again both Heroes Reborn and the Clone Saga were huge sellers for Marvel which actually saved Spidey, the Avengers and the F4 and in media if anythng is made money of coure they will try and repeat the success.

Did they really? Because I was reading at the time and remember everyone dropping Spidey and the books involved with Reborn. I ended up with all that stuff because friends hated it.. Not to mention this was the time period Marvel filed for bankruptcy and sold their rights out to the film companies.

35 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Did they really? Because I was reading at the time and remember everyone dropping Spidey and the books involved with Reborn. I ended up with all that stuff because friends hated it.. Not to mention this was the time period Marvel filed for bankruptcy and sold their rights out to the film companies.

They were big sellers, of course I never said they were good

I certainly do remember the re birth era, and the clone stuff with Spiderman. I still have those old books stored somewhere. I was a regular reader back then and collected maybe the whole run. But I was not a big fan of the idea behind it. As for the MCU being the life line of Marvel comics now day's, or keeping the franchise afloat. I could not make a strong argument against that theory.

10 hours ago, silverback said:

I'm trying to remember if they made an action figure with the pipes, If so I probably bought one for my son back then. I don't have it anymore.

Toy Biz did a 5 inch figure back in 1997 and then Hasbro did a Marvel legends version as aprt of the Ares BAF wave. 

I would love an update

10 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Wonder if the Hasbro Legends team will make any figures of these new looks (I guess it depends on how well the comic sales do). Someone mentioned it was the 25th anniversary of the original Heroes Reborn storyline. If Hasbro made new figures of any of the looks from that storyline would anyone be interested in those?

I wouldn't mind some Heroes Reborn figures like Iron man and Rebel

Last week, fans saw Marvel’s most iconic heroes in mysterious teasers. Today, Marvel Comics proudly announced that these characters will be part of a bold new vision of the Marvel Universe crafted by super hero masterminds writer Jason Aaron and artist Ed McGuiness. Their critically-acclaimed work on Avengers will reach its zenith with HEROES REBORN, a new series that answers the question of what the Marvel Universe would look like if the Avengers never assembled. What new super team would step up to fill the void, what deadly threats would emerge unchecked, and what would become of your favorite characters if they never became heroes…

Welcome to a world where Tony Stark never built an Iron Man armor. Where Thor is a hard-drinking atheist who despises hammers. Where Wakanda is dismissed as a myth. And where Captain America was never found in the ice, because there were no Avengers to find him. Instead this world has always been protected by Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the Squadron Supreme of America. And now the Squadron face an attack from some of their fiercest enemies, like Dr. Juggernaut, the Black Skull, the Silver Witch and Thanos with his Infinity Rings. Blade is the one man alive who seems to remember that the entire world has somehow been… reborn. And so begins his search for the cause behind this ominous shift in reality.

“Maybe the wildest story I've ever put on paper. I got to cut loose on this and release my inner comic-reared child in a really profound way, and together with a cadre of immensely imaginative artists, we built a world that I'm pretty confident in saying is quite unlike any version of the Marvel Universe you've seen before,” Aaron said of his latest Marvel saga.

“It grew out of the pages of my AVENGERS run, but kept getting bigger and bigger as it went, and the more pieces I put in place for this Reborn world, the more gleeful and excited I became. This project really stoked the fires of my love for comics in all the right ways.

“It’s only natural that after the Phoenix burns the world to ash, there should come a rebirth, and so REBORN is the next big step in the massive super-story that Jason and Ed have been crafting in Avengers,” Executive Editor Tom Brevoort said. “Prepare to enter a very different yet hauntingly familiar Marvel Universe!

“I’ve been having an absolute blast designing and drawing some new spins on old favorites Jason Aaron has brought to the table,” McGuinness said. “They are all with a purpose story wise which makes them really cool to get into from the art side of things. He may be the maddest scientist of all!

Get your first look at what this exhilarating new era has to offer in a special announcement trailer and keep a lookout for more information in the coming weeks. Be there for this radical transformation of the Marvel Universe when HEROES REBORN #1 hits stands in May.

HEROES REBORN #1
Written by JASON AARON
Art by ED MCGUINNESS
Triptych Artwork by IBAN COELLO & ESPEN GRUNDETJERN

HeroesReborn-Coulson.jpg

HeroesReborn-Hulk.jpg

HeroesReborn-Juggernaut.jpg

HeroesReborn-Logan.jpg

HeroesReborn-PeterParker.jpg

HeroesReborn-RichardsAndGrimm.jpg

HeroesReborn-Thanos.jpg

HeroesReborn-Wanda.jpg

Reborn_Triptych_Art.jpg

Wait. It's called "Heroes Reborn," but the plot is the Avengers never formed. Shouldn't that be "Heroes NEVERborn."

For that matter, IS it about the Avengers never forming, or the members of the Avengers never becoming superheroes?

Man, it's hard to get behind one of these "Event" comics when the guys making it aren't even sure what they're doing.

15 minutes ago, mako said:

Wait. It's called "Heroes Reborn," but the plot is the Avengers never formed. Shouldn't that be "Heroes NEVERborn."

For that matter, IS it about the Avengers never forming, or the members of the Avengers never becoming superheroes?

Man, it's hard to get behind one of these "Event" comics when the guys making it aren't even sure what they're doing.

If you read any modern Avengers comic (not dissing, just explaining), you would find out that Coulson has been used by Mephisto into creating a new Squadron Supreme, trying to use that team as replacement for the Avengers. So I'm guessing that Mephisto or some such has alter the world (sigh, again) and made it so the SS has always been the major superhero team and the avengers never form. 

Basically it's just like House of M , infinity warp etc.

When seeing the promo artwork I was really hopeful Carlos Pacheco was doing this, but looks like Ed McGuiness. I don't hate Ed's work but it would have peaked my interest a lot more if Carlos was doing the full series. 

Considering this seems to involve a lot of the stories going on in the current Avengers run, I'll give it a shot

18 minutes ago, tarot said:

Basically it's just like House of M , infinity warp etc.

That's what I'm trying to look at. Get past the title (which personally I don't think they should have used) and hope it's a decent alternate reality storyline like House of M. 

53 minutes ago, mako said:

Obviously the reborn part is that Blade will try to reform the Avengers. Based on the trailers you can also see that other superheroes never became such a thing, so the Avengers never formed in part because most of its members never became superheroes.

You know, I don't mind critical thinking, but as long as the "thinking" part is also present.

I like to joke that events nowadays are chosen by editors throwing a dart to see which ongoing's storylines gets inflated into one, but I guess the dart this time fell on Aaron's Avengers. Considering this book uses Ed McGuinness who is the book's regular penciler, I was actually expecting it to be a trailer for Avengers #46 with "Heroes Reborn" just being the title of the storyarc. They did make a trailer for Enter the Phoenix, after all.

58 minutes ago, Hordak Rules said:

That's what I'm trying to look at. Get past the title (which personally I don't think they should have used) and hope it's a decent alternate reality storyline like House of M. 

That's the rub, isn't it? They pick a high-profile title from the past, then craft a story to go with it, whether it makes since in relation to the title or not.

It's almost like Marvel is making mockbusters of their own stuff. The self-propagating Asylum of comic books.

It might be fine but I have no interest in this whatsoever. For one thing, the event won't matter like every event in the past few years. Second,  Aaron just doesn't do it for me. I read the first 14 or so issues of his Avengers and some of things he was setting up plus the constant quips/jokes just were annoying to me. Easy pass on this one.

I’ve been an Avengers fan ( and apologist, thanks to certain eras in their history) all my life  but this past decade, not coincidentally, is also when I made the decision to stop buying monthly comics. In part due to the cost but as equally because of the content. 

When you spend ( $5-$7 at the time, not sure what cover prices are today) that kind of money and are left wondering if I’d still be a fan if I hadn’t been one for so long there is something very wrong with the product. 

Ive kept up on their storylines through trades or discussion boards and am comfortable saying I made the right decision dropping monthly comics. As others have said there are no new ideas. Or the ones they decide to go with are terrible. This Avengers version of Its A Wonderful Life makes me shrug and shake my head. I just don’t care and instead of hoping for some great idea to bring me back I’ve continued to move on and focus my attention on superior stories from the 80s and 90’s via their Epic Collection trades