Jump to content

Heroes Reborn 2021 From Marvel


Recommended Posts

The Marvel Universe has always been protected by Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. But this May, the world will be reborn without the Avengers! From mastermind creators Jason Aaron and Ed McGuiness comes HEROES REBORN, a bold new vision of the Marvel Universe where the Avengers never assembled and the Squadron Supreme took their place as Earth’s greatest super heroes. Today, Marvel Comics is excited to announce that each issue of this exciting series will have a special TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER by superstar artist Mark Bagley!

Featuring all the major players of this upcoming saga including Hyperion, Doctor Spectrum, Whizzer, and Blade, this extraordinary collection of covers will allow fans to further immerse themselves in the new world of HEROES REBORN with cover designs modeled as 90s style trading cards. A series of 9 covers, the HEROES REBORN TRADING CARD VARIANT COVERS will connect to form one epic image.

"Man, THIS was fun! I got to draw a BUNCH of characters for the first time, which doesn't happen very often after all these years of drawing comics,” Bagley said. “I was just a kid comics fan when the Squadron was created, and I remember loving John and Sal Buscema's art at the time. Even then, I aspired to do what they were doing, so it was a thrill doing this, and I'm proud to have been offered the opportunity."

In addition, the artwork from these variant covers will be featured on trading cards, and the cards will be available at participating comic shops while supplies last! Packed with essential information on the main heroes and villains of HEROES REBORN, these trading cards will help immerse fans into this new Marvel Comics era. Retailers will be able to order these packs and begin distributing them when HEROES REBORN #1 launches on May 5th.


Trading cards have always been a beloved part of the comic book world, offering fans another way to collect a piece of their favorite stories. Celebrate this tradition by picking up this these unique variant covers when the first five covers debut in May. Check out four of them now, along with a sneak peek at the full connected image, and be on the lookout for more HEROES REBORN TRADING CARD VARIANT COVER reveals in the coming weeks.

HEROES REBORN #1
Written by JASON AARON
Art by ED MCGUINNESS
Trading Card Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY
Center Trading Card Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY
On Sale 5/5

HEROES REBORN #2
Written by JASON AARON
Art by DALE KEOWN & ED MCGUINNESS
Trading Card Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY
On Sale 5/12

HEROES REBORN #3
Written by JASON AARON
Art by FEDERICO VICENTINI & ED MCGUINNESS
Trading Card Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY
On Sale 5/19

HEROES REBORN #4
Written by JASON AARON
Art by JAMES STOKOE & ED MCGUINNESS
Trading Card Variant Cover by MARK BAGLEY
On Sale 5/26

HEROESREBORN2021001_Trading_Card_Var_A.jpg

HEROESREBORN2021002_Trading_Card_Var.jpg

HEROESREBORN2021003_Trading_Card_Var.jpg

HEROESREBORN2021004_Trading_Card_Var.jpg

REBORN2021_TradingCardVariants_Connected_Image.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All this signifies is that they are completely out of ideas if they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to bring back this train wreck again. There's a reason most people don't even remember this par

As long as Rob “I can’t properly draw anatomy” Liefeld is not anywhere near this then, I’ll give it a chance 

Will we see the pipes again?

Posted Images

Well It's one way to say "hey we also have our own Justice league". I wouldn't say Im too excited for this, it seem Marvel tried numerous times to put Squadron into mainstream, which didn't work as well as they wanted but Squadron Supreme Max series was pretty cool, at least it seemed so back then. As for Jason Aaron's writing, it really  doesn't excite me anymore, despite his early wolverine as well as wolverine and x-men being pretty good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Best case scenario: More Squadron Supreme based Marvel Legends.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, mako said:

Best case scenario: More Squadron Supreme based Marvel Legends.

Man u right tho, need some remakes of like hyperion and God I have been waiting for a doctor spectrum, and you no what throw in a 3-D man even tho he has nothing to do with squadron supreme.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 9:02 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Random Marvel Creator: "Dude...remember when we did that Heroes Reborn story back in the 90s and everyone hated it so we had to do an event to fix it? We should do that again!"

Seriously. I'm sure it's an event book that's just going to be the alternate heroes showing up in the 616 and battles ensue but still. Sheesh.

Its as if people's thinking abilities have devolved over the years. Looking at our world, and no time other than 2020 illustrates this more, people really are becoming more foolish, just embracing stupidity as though it were some coveted award. 

Heroes Reborn was a spectacularly bad notion and accentuated by some of the most ridiculous storylines and artwork of the time (of course, the last series of ULTIMATES/ULTIMATUM had to go and top Reborn for utter crap but that's another thread). Yeah, we got an interesting take on Iron Man's armor (which I wouldn't mind seeing again) and it gave us the one good point of seeing Jim Lee draw the Sub-Mariner in his 70s outfit, but I cant see why on earth they would want to revisit this train wreck of an idea. Well, I wish I'd had more sense to get off the ride the first time. I'm sure as $h1t not spending even more cash to do it again. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

Its as if people's thinking abilities have devolved over the years. Looking at our world, and no time other than 2020 illustrates this more, people really are becoming more foolish, just embracing stupidity as though it were some coveted award. 

Heroes Reborn was a spectacularly bad notion and accentuated by some of the most ridiculous storylines and artwork of the time (of course, the last series of ULTIMATES/ULTIMATUM had to go and top Reborn for utter crap but that's another thread). Yeah, we got an interesting take on Iron Man's armor (which I wouldn't mind seeing again) and it gave us the one good point of seeing Jim Lee draw the Sub-Mariner in his 70s outfit, but I cant see why on earth they would want to revisit this train wreck of an idea. Well, I wish I'd had more sense to get off the ride the first time. I'm sure as $h1t not spending even more cash to do it again. 

Are you somewhat up to date with the news? The only thing they're revisiting is the name "Heroes Reborn,"  the story itself doesn't have anything to do with the original Heroes Reborn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SUPREME007 said:

 

Man u right tho, need some remakes of like hyperion and God I have been waiting for a doctor spectrum, and you no what throw in a 3-D man even tho he has nothing to do with squadron supreme.

Hyperion, absolutely. Doc Spectrum, @#$% yes. I even kinda like the design of that Blur/Whizzer, but I want, no, . . . NEED, a Power Princess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luke Cage Blade looks lazy and Blur, they are really trying to copy DC. What was wrong with the Whizzer.... oh wait

Also I like the Trading Card idea shame it is to do with a lame story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Its as if people's thinking abilities have devolved over the years. Looking at our world, and no time other than 2020 illustrates this more, people really are becoming more foolish, just embracing stupidity as though it were some coveted award. 

Heroes Reborn was a spectacularly bad notion and accentuated by some of the most ridiculous storylines and artwork of the time (of course, the last series of ULTIMATES/ULTIMATUM had to go and top Reborn for utter crap but that's another thread). Yeah, we got an interesting take on Iron Man's armor (which I wouldn't mind seeing again) and it gave us the one good point of seeing Jim Lee draw the Sub-Mariner in his 70s outfit, but I cant see why on earth they would want to revisit this train wreck of an idea. Well, I wish I'd had more sense to get off the ride the first time. I'm sure as $h1t not spending even more cash to do it again. 

 

Like some folks are saying, enough has been revealed to show that the story is just using the name more than anything but I still can get beside your stupidity comments. HR was a disaster, why even use the name and why even bring it up if it has nothing to do with the story?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, initially against this idea, but I like the characters that are being "reborn". I hated the original concept, but as the majority of characters that are involved here are all characters that have been cast aside and misused over the years I can't argue that a makeover is due.

I've always liked the SS and thought under the right creative team and under the right circumstances they could be a solid alternative to the Avengers. Part of me understands why they were suppressed. I'm sure Marvel would have been none too happy if a basic clone of the Justice League got full support and possibly became more popular than Marvel's own creation, the Avengers.

I think this project is partially spawned out of desperation and lack of new ideas, but a new creative spin could make these characters work out. I suppose I'm cool with Blade being put on the team but I'm not sure I like seeing Thor on A different team. Guess they're going for the whole Superman/Shazam dynamic. Guess we'll have to wait and see how that works out.

In the end, seeing that only a few major characters (for now) are taking part in this story, and the majority of these characters are in desperate need for a new beginning, I'm starting to open up a little more than I was yesterday. I'm willing to give this a shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 1:52 AM, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Like some folks are saying, enough has been revealed to show that the story is just using the name more than anything but I still can get beside your stupidity comments. HR was a disaster, why even use the name and why even bring it up if it has nothing to do with the story?

You're right and thats actually where my aim should have been, I should have worded it better: invoking a theme that failed just makes no sense. Its the same thing as bringing up the clone war saga for Miles Morales. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is Blade?!? 

The Squadron have always been fun. But if they have not made it to the big leagues by now then no reimagining will ever propel them to A list status. Let face it, they are best when used as antagonists or in self contained stories. Their battles against the Avengers are always worth the read but imagine the Squad against the Justice League? Now that’s a way to raise their profile! 

So after a slow but steady start, Hasbro has dropped off of sneaking in members of the Squadron, Serpents and T-Bolts into Legends waves.. that absolutely needs to happen again

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atlantis said:

You're right and thats actually where my aim should have been, I should have worded it better: invoking a theme that failed just makes no sense. Its the same thing as bringing up the clone war saga for Miles Morales. 

Yes, exactly. I don't follow any of the spider family of books but even I feel sorry for poor Miles. Like you said, invoking a failed theme, even if it has no bearing on the new story other than name, isn't a great decision in the least. Regardless, it's just another Marvel event to ignore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 2:09 AM, leokearon said:

Luke Cage Blade looks lazy and Blur, they are really trying to copy DC. What was wrong with the Whizzer.... oh wait

He'll always be the Whizzer to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Yes, exactly. I don't follow any of the spider family of books but even I feel sorry for poor Miles. Like you said, invoking a failed theme, even if it has no bearing on the new story other than name, isn't a great decision in the least. Regardless, it's just another Marvel event to ignore. 

The reactions here are enough to prove your point. I know when I heard HEROES REBORN it did not bring on great memories.. and even now knowing it’s unrelated to the original disaster I’m still not interested.. imagine how many potential readers they lost who never hung around to realize they are two different themes entirely..

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mako said:

He'll always be the Whizzer to me.

Same, goofy as that name always has been ( yes, my brother and I giggled like school children at his name. In our defense we were school children) that is the name I’ll always associate with him. As well as the older Invaders version.

as far as getting more Squadron members, boy does it seem like an easy retool or repaint to get at least a few more with minimal cost. Dr Spectrum, with or without cape, Whizzer, Nuke, Power Princess, The Batman -esq version of Nighthawk..dang near the whole team should be done by now

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, McHogan said:

The reactions here are enough to prove your point. I know when I heard HEROES REBORN it did not bring on great memories.. and even now knowing it’s unrelated to the original disaster I’m still not interested.. imagine how many potential readers they lost who never hung around to realize they are two different themes entirely..

I'm sure that happened plenty. People don't have a good association with that title. It's honestly just a very strange choice from the folks in charge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm sure that happened plenty. People don't have a good association with that title. It's honestly just a very strange choice from the folks in charge.

That’s it, the connotations of that name are either going to bring in the masses or send them packing

a few years back I heard SECRET WARS and I admit I was intrigued. Only after reading the new story did I decide they crapped on my childhood by using the same name. But they already had my money at that point. 

As soon as I heard HEROES REBORN I mentally checked out and already had decided they wouldn’t get a dime from me. And again, I found out unrelated but damage was done

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McHogan said:

as far as getting more Squadron members, boy does it seem like an easy retool or repaint to get at least a few more with minimal cost. Dr Spectrum, with or without cape, Whizzer, Nuke, Power Princess, The Batman -esq version of Nighthawk..dang near the whole team should be done by now

I don't know that it means anything, but the fact these characters are being used here suggests Marvel's making some kind of push. That has been known to incentivize Hasbro to make figures. So who knows?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I'm sure that happened plenty. People don't have a good association with that title. It's honestly just a very strange choice from the folks in charge.

I actually liked Heroes Reborn, mainly due to the fact it was my main introduction in Avengers and Iron Man comics and the fact that this doesn't have anything to do with it annoys me. The only reason they picked the name is due to this year is the 25th anniversary of Heroes Reborn

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, McHogan said:

That’s it, the connotations of that name are either going to bring in the masses or send them packing

a few years back I heard SECRET WARS and I admit I was intrigued. Only after reading the new story did I decide they crapped on my childhood by using the same name. But they already had my money at that point. 

As soon as I heard HEROES REBORN I mentally checked out and already had decided they wouldn’t get a dime from me. And again, I found out unrelated but damage was done

Don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing with Secret Wars and was excited to see a follow up. Too bad it was basically just an excuse to do a soft reboot and create some oddball stories.

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

I actually liked Heroes Reborn, mainly due to the fact it was my main introduction in Avengers and Iron Man comics and the fact that this doesn't have anything to do with it annoys me. The only reason they picked the name is due to this year is the 25th anniversary of Heroes Reborn

I can't sit here and say that I didn't like HR on release but at the time I was 12 and more interested in the art. Going back and reading it years later I can see why it caught so much flak. It did introduce me to the Fantastic Four so there is that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

Don't feel bad, I did the exact same thing with Secret Wars and was excited to see a follow up. Too bad it was basically just an excuse to do a soft reboot and create some oddball stories.

I can't sit here and say that I didn't like HR on release but at the time I was 12 and more interested in the art. Going back and reading it years later I can see why it caught so much flak. It did introduce me to the Fantastic Four so there is that.

Yeah it hasn't aged well  but it still has that nostalgia factor 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
This May, the Marvel Universe will be reborn without the Avengers in HEROES REBORN, a bold new super hero saga from mastermind creators Jason Aaron and Ed McGuiness. In a world where the Avengers never assembled, the Squadron Supreme has taken their place as Earth’s mightiest heroes, including Power Princess! See the hero in all her glory on a newly revealed variant cover for HEROES REBORN #1 by Stanley “Artgerm” Lau. Power Princess prepares to face off against the deadly new threats that await in the pages of this upcoming Marvel epic. Don’t miss the launch of this unpredictable new adventure when HEROES REBORN #1 hits stands on May 5th!

HEROES REBORN #1
Written by JASON AARON
Art by ED MCGUINNESS
Variant Cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU (MAR210507)
Virgin Variant Cover by STANELY “ARTGERM” LAU (MAR210508)
On Sale 5/5

Power-Princess.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE